Skip to comments.Judges: The King is Coming - The Last Judges
Posted on 03/09/2014 3:23:02 PM PDT by Errant
Michael Rood begins to explore the book of Judges in this week's episode: The Last Judges. The context and lessons gleaned are vital even for our lives today. The people ask for a king, and they get one. But man ruling over man will eventually cause disaster. If only the people had understood they had a king all along...
(Excerpt) Read more at youtube.com ...
Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around
A Hebrew Roots Ping!
Well folks, we've got a new series!
This one is on the Book of Judges. This first teaching in the series is awesome!
Never fails to raise the hairs on my arms... ;)
Hat tip to Redleghunger...
The Hebrew Calendar
Prepping For The Kingdom: A Spiritual Perspective Of The Coming Collapse, by J.L.
Regardless of your eschatological views, you can be sure of one thing. When people unexpectedly fall on hard times, many an agnostic-in-practice suddenly become spiritual. It is known that the two places where prayers are most commonly offered are church pews and the back of a police cruiser. Humans return to their Creator in their time of need, as demonstrated time and time again in the Old Testament. Israel returned to obeying God after they encountered judgment for their disobedience and foolishness. Americans are no different. During the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks, churches were flooded by individuals looking for answers, comfort, and reconciliation with their Maker. Disasters, terrorist attacks, and financial ruin often become a reality check for the masses of Christmas & Easter Christians that get distracted with the everyday monotony of life. It all comes down to perspective. So, here is my challenge relating to prepping with eternity in mind: Carpe Aeternitatem seize eternity!
I am sure we can agree that physical and spiritual preparedness is taught, encouraged, and even commanded by scripture: Genesis 6 & 7, Proverbs 21:20, Psalms 28:19, Proverbs 20:13, Proverbs 6:6, Matthew 25:1-13, Proverbs 22:3.
The “why” you survive the coming collapse is just as important as the “how” you survive TEOTWAWKI. It would be grievous indeed to successfully survive the worst global disaster of this age, and yet fail to maintain your spiritual duty and calling to help a lot of people get right with God. What will be most important in eternity? How high my quality of life was after the SHTF, or how effective I was at reaching the hurting and the lost? Now, there is no excuse for not maintaining a standard of preparedness. You will not be much help to anyone if you yourself are not self-sufficient; and the more prepared you are, the greater your ability to help and counsel others. Let’s just make sure we have the necessary tools and skills to indeed shine our light before men during one of this country’s darkest hours. Here are some tips for prepping for the Kingdom.
1. Consider taking crisis/trauma-counseling courses. Many counseling courses are relatively inexpensive and can be done online or by video. You can be sure your loved ones and refugees with need effective counseling, and a psychiatrist or counselor may not be readily available. Spouses, children, and neighbors will experience everything from violently defending homesteads to the tedious, mind-numbing drudgery of medieval chores. These traumatic experiences will need to be addressed and processed. In the aftermath of a global crisis, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) will run rampant, and someone needs to be ready to help. People will need sound Christian counseling in order to maintain some level of functionality. Don’t rely on your own “toughness” to make sure you can deal with the emotional upheaval affecting your family and neighbors; get some serious training today for how to deal with the non-tangibles of life.
2. Stock up on PAPER Bibles, concordances, and devotionals. Understatement: Much of life will be different with the loss of electricity. The Millennial generation is more comfortable using search engines and e-bibles as a means to read and study the Bible. In the near future, many young people may not even have a paper Bible. Furthermore, this generation has swapped memorization for ease of access when it comes to information, and Scripture is no different. Why Memorize Psalm 23 when I have it at my fingertips 24/7 in 10 different translations? The result is that fewer Christians know their Bible and fewer homes will have multiple Bibles. The principle of two is one, and one is none applies to God’s Word as well. I doubt Bibles will be printed en masse after the collapse, so find a bulk supplier and get a case for posterity! Wouldn’t it be great if you could give each of your grandchildren their own Bible?
In addition to this, it would behoove each of us to have hard copies of important historical church documents, such as the various creeds and writings of the early church fathers. You may wish to also have on hand copious documents relating to your particular denomination. In a time of upheaval, we would be amiss to fail to preserve our heritage and the doctrinal thesis upon which the Church currently rests. With a breakdown in connectivity and communication, I foresee a great blending/shredding of Christian beliefs. If there is a lack of available theological leadership, Christians and new converts will need resources to steer clear of heresies and heretics.
3. Prepare for “old- school” church. Many small home churches and a few larger gatherings may become the norm. You may not be called to preach, but providing means for the church service is just as vital. Will you need hymnals, new convert materials (see #2), sacraments, non-electric musical instruments? How about large portable tents and voice amplification for large outdoor gatherings?
4. Have designated donation food items that will open doors for you to share the Gospel. In the age of social justice, nothing is trending as much as caring for physical needs before spiritual needs. Many will be looking for a handout, and many will go away empty-handed. Being the one that can help a hungry soul will undoubtedly give your testimony weight and influence in sharing the Gospel. Caution: This avenue of outreach must be carefully planned and executed as throngs of hungry refugees could easily overpower the most prepared survivor. However, hermitage and hoarding is not an option for the believer! “Whatever you do to the least of these, you do to me. “ (Matthew 25:40)
5. Encourage your Church to develop a crisis plan. I believe that in the event of a governmental collapse, local churches may easily become the center of community decision-making and the center of community identity. Many modern Americans don’t know anyone on their block beyond the neighbor to their left, right, and across the street. This disjointed public community will only become more skeptical of each other in the event of an emergency. The people they know and trust are those that they fellowship with at their place of worship. Churches can provide a neutral location of safety and security where common good can be established. Churches are also one of the strongest indicators of a person’s personal identity. Churches are usually gifted at organizing individuals under a common vision, and they tend to be altruistic in their motives. Churches are where millions of people rally for a cause once a week, every week. That cannot be said about any other campaign, cause, or non-profit establishment. This being said, churches need to be prepared to fulfill the Great Commission in the event of TEOTWAWKI. Although some pastors could be resistant to making plans and decisions based upon a future societal collapse, many would agree that a “crisis plan” would be very appropriate for the church in preparing for local natural disasters and large-scale community tragedies (school shootings/bomb threats). These simple plans often create procedures and protocol for facilitating helpful order and support in the face of community-wide problems. These plans create a foundation that could easily and quickly apply to a TEOTWAWKI situation. A starting plan of action is better than no plan at all.
6. Study to show yourself approved. (2 Timothy 2:15) There will definitely be a spiritual leadership vacuum. Will you be prepared to fill it? Your community, family, and anyone you come in contact with will need regular, quality biblical teaching. Whether you are an eloquent Billy Graham or a stuttering Moses, you will need to become a spiritual leader in your realm of influence. There are three prerequisites for this calling: Bible knowledge, a thriving personal relationship with God, and (you guessed it) leadership. Of these three, where are you deficient? Shore up that weak spot so you can be prepared for the most important need of the human: God.
In all of the above preparedness suggestions, there is a common theme. We cannot forget the Spiritual side of ourselves or our loved ones when attempting to be “practical” in our allotments. It can be easy to only think in terms of tangibles when we are paring down our necessities to the basics, but often the non-tangibles (faith, joy, peace, prayer, worship) add more to the quality of life than the greatest new survival gadget. Indeed, we should invest heavily in having the ability to maintain our family’s spiritual growth long after Christian book stores shutter their doors, and Bible dot-coms cease to exist.
In all of our preparation, we must take note of Psalm 127:1 “Except the LORD build the house, they labor in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.” Recognize that the Lord will bless and protect those that seek Him, and use Godly wisdom in preparing, However, others may have prepared far beyond any measure and have no surety for success in the coming storm.
Good information. I watched the new Rood sat. The comparison seems obvious and I am surprised more people do not connect the two.
I was looking for the OT scripture that talks about what happens when a nation turns from him. God mentions giving your land to your enemies and raising generations of weak men, enslaving everyone, etc. I thought it was in Isaiah but I looked there.
Not much to go on but maybe someone will recall.
To post #7 this thread.
That's what I'm talking about too. I just don't understand how people could be so blind, or not seem to care. As foretold, they are blinded I guess.
I thought it was in Isaiah but I looked there.
You can find what happens to a people who turn their back on the Almighty in several places actually:
There is at least one that prophesies the same at the end times. I don't recall which one either.
Isaiah 3:12 might be what you are looking for.
You folks have a rootin' tootin' good time with your revisionist religion. Lechaim!
False prophet alert ping....
ARBITRATION BOARD RULES AGAINST MICHAEL ROOD
Michael Rood Teachings
MICHAEL ROOD, DOOMSDAY PROPHET
Michael Rood of A Rood Awakening and Nehemia Gordon
US Speaking Tour January 2005
Michael Rood and His Rood Awakenings
Michael John Rood: Marine Chaplain, Jewish Gentile Rabbi, & Reverend?
ROODS CULTIC ROOTS IN THE WAY INTERNATIONAL
ROODS REVELATIONS SELL CDS
Michael Rood: WAY Colleagues, Occult Calendars & False Prophecies
Signs of The End Times Michael Rood
From Here to Eternity, the Gospel of Michael Roods False Prophecy
The Ever Changing Michael Rood
The Hebrew Roots Cult
DOES OBEYING THE LAWS AND COMMANDS OF THE OLD TESTAMENT PLEASE GOD?
Satanic Translations:Shem Tov & The Toledoth Yeshu
HEBREW MATTHEW - Shem Tob - du Tillet - Munster
The Cult that Snapped - A Journey Into The Way International
What is the Way International?
I’m not sure if I would even call them “Hebrew roots,” in the sense of Christians taking on a Jewish fad. Rood and his cohorts are anti-Trinitarian, and, therefore, are not considered to actually be Christian. They’re in the same fringe we place Mormons or JWs.
The original Root isn't revisionist, it's that which came afterwards which is subject to "revision" to some extent.
If they think they should read the law of Moses and abide by it this verse should be at least a warning.
2 Corinthians 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remains the same veil not taken away in the reading of the old testament; which veil is done away in Christ.
Still at it I see...
Deuteronomy 28 warns the people of Israel of catastrophe if they turn away from God. There are other scriptures that also warn. Keep faith in the Lord our God and he will protect and provide for us. Keep chickens and plenty of ammo for the approaching challenges. Pray for mercy and forgiveness. May the Lord find my prayers and the meditation of my heart pleasing and may he forget my iniquity. Please heal our land.
Wannabe Jewish Michael Rood dressing up role playing he's Jewish... he isn't.
Rood is an imposter, counterfeit and fraud, not to mention a liar....one of many false teachers wandering the world making merchandise of people, (all the way to the bank)...and leading people away from Salvation through the Biblical Jesus Christ...
.."Step right up and get my latest books and videos folks...I even have a Bible translations so you get it right because I have the truth you can't get anywhere else....
.."or you can listen to my TV or radio productions...(cha- ching, cha ching) and don't forget to donate your tax deductable money gift!
.."and there's more...you can step right up to my gifts table and purchase wonderful items from my gift store..at discounted prices!"
Michael John Rood and his ministry called Rood Awakenings has been around for a long time in different forms.......Originally part of a dangerous anti-deity of Jesus, free love cult named the Way International.
Michael Rood became the darling of the Prophecy Club radio program and the prophetic ministry circuit in 2000 when he announced that Messiah would return at the feast of Tabernacles 2000....but of course He didn't return.
Rood routinely sets dates which do not come to pass, much in the same fashion as one of his mentors, Herbert W. Armstrong did.
Many of Rood's most adamant supporters are former members of the Worldwide Church of God (WWCOG) a notorious antisemitic false prophecy cult .....
Rood's Doctrine is extremely similar to the WWCOG mixed with the teachings of the Way..... He has become popular in large part to his 'ear tickling' false teachings which appeals to Jewish Wannabe Gentiles who want to be part of Israel.
He has told you, O man, what is good;
And what does the Lord require of you
But to do justice, to love kindness,
And to walk humbly with your God?
But are they any better off than atheists???
Worse than atheists, at least they don’t pretend to be Christians. But “better off?” No, hell burns all alike I think.
Michael's teaching on Judges is pre-record:
Really...Who's we??? You must be part of the inner group...Maybe a relative...
What is or should be alarming is your apparent lack of ability to know (and post) enough scripture to back up your claims...Would seem someone close to the guru's organization would be pretty proficient with the scriptures...
But then knowing scripture isn't that important is it...Not when your mission is only to push these CDs to magnify the Jew who is not...
Rev 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
Thanks for the links. That is some scary stuff. I have had it easy living my life in the USA. I was blessed with a healthy body and a sane mind and have always been able to find work.
I mention that because I have never “feared” the Lord. I also do not hear much preaching on it. Perhaps it comes from accepting God’s salvation before I knew anything about the bible. Rood sure makes me aware of Gods wrath. I like his telling of the people and Moses hearing God at Mt Sinai
That is real close. Thanks
I mention that because I have never feared the Lord. I also do not hear much preaching on it.
Here is a thinker for the morning. Gods response after the offering of Isaac was “..for now I know that you truly fear God...” That was the point?
This is a character of God that we really don’t want to think about but maybe we should. But we shouldn’t dwell there, as it should lead us to a better understanding of Grace. But visiting it on occasion is a good thing.
Nice post! Deu 28 is the closes “match” I have found. I may have read a version other then KJ so it may have read different.
I actually have 6 chickens laying great eggs. I have also spent a lot of fiat notes buying soil to improve my Arizona dirt. God blessed my garden last year and I pray the same will be done this year.
The wiley devil has managed to take the fear of God away from America. I imagine that is because we have had it so easy
I am still amazed that fear of the Lord was the point. should give us pause.........................
"Love overcomes many sins" and keeps us in God's Grace. A kind, gentle, caring, and honest heart is more precious than gold. The almighty looks out for those who have such a heart, even though they may not even realize it.
And upon this, add the opportunity to be forgiven for ALL of our stupidity... :-)
Some of the lexicons suggest "revere" instead of "fear." Either way it is an admission God is in control of EVERYTHING in our lives and we are to rely on Him and give thanks to Him for EVERYTHING. As a loving Father, He will test us and IMHO it is an awesome act of His love for us.
In support of your Genesis 22 reference, Jesus Christ confirms the love and dedication we must have for Him:
27 Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops. 28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Fathers will. 30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.
32 Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. 33 But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.
34 Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. 35 For I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; 36 and a mans enemies will be those of his own household. 37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. 38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.
Some of the lexicons suggest “revere” instead of “fear.”
Sir, you get me wrong. Trust me, I understand the fear of God. I was pointing out something a friend once told me about fearing God and revering God.
The analogy was to a fire. A fire can burn you and do permanent damage to your skin. However the same dangerous fearful fire can be a companion in which we receive warmth and comfort on a cold day.
Is this thread on the religion forum?
No, it’s in Bloggers & Personal.
Thanks. That opens up some more literary material.
I took notes on the points you made about the Paleo-Hebrew alphabet on the other thread. In fact I find them very significant as are many other unusual facts about these Hebrew Roots of ours.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.