Skip to comments.Kopechne- The Movie
Posted on 07/19/2014 9:13:31 AM PDT by A'elian' nation
Lest we forget, it was 55 years ago ( July 18, 1969 ) that Ted Kennedy crawled and slimed his way to land and Armstrong landed on the moon ( July 20th). Progressives should not be allowed to forget the anniversary of the death of Mary Jo Kopechne and the real war on women.
A blogger named Brian Cates on Twitchy has given a riveting accounting of the hour by hour actions of the infamous and duplicitous Ted Kennedy. At the end of the blog a poster calling himself the DivingPetrel imagined how an Oliver Stone Hollywood would re-enact the Chappaquiddick saga.
divingpetrel The Masked Avatar 3 hours ago
"Yes I can see it now. The movie starts with Kopechne having just missed her ride and upset about it. Ted shows up (stone cold sober of course) and as a gracious gentleman offers to drive her home. Just as they get to the area of the cemetery they are forced off the road by mysterious men (who later in the movie are seen to be acting at the behest of the EVIL George W. Bush) who force them to drive to the bridge where they take Ted out of the car and shove it into the water with Kopechne still inside.
They then take Ted away for reprogramming while an imposter stands in to try to make him look callous solely to ruin the democrats chances in the next election. Ted is finally released from the clutches of the EVIL George W. Bush with no recollection of what actually happened and as soon as he hears about the accident he gallantly does the right thing and turns himself in to take the punishment for a crime which he somehow knows he is being framed for.
After serving a two-year prison term he returns to the Senate an older and wiser man, even more dedicated to defending the rights of women from the misogynistic Republicans. Ahhh... the wonders of Hollywood."
Here is the link to the Brian Cates Chappaquiddick timeline rant. It's really good and a quick easy read in blocky Twitchy format. Must read comments too of which the DivingPetrel takes the prize.
Even way back then democrats saved their bacon by having their sordid and murderous actions swept away by eye-catching national events like the landing on the moon.
45 years ago.
Make that 45 years ago.
And yeah I misspelled Kopechne in the title.
YOUTUBE Sing-Along about the Chappaquiddick Lifeguard
I forget what liberal scumbag stated that he / she believes Mary Jo would be fine with her murder by Teddy because he was such a great fighter for “women’s rights.”
That’s like claiming all those aborted babies would be happy because they wouldn’t want to be an inconvenience to their mothers.
The all-powerful mods can fix things like that. :=)
If the perp was a Conservative, that movie would have already been made.
I remember reading that when the two agents who took ‘the swimmer’ back to the bridge, he laid on the side of the bridge crying, “How could this happen to me?” Never mind Mary Jo, huh, ‘swimmer’?
It was 18th, July, a happy Chappaquiddick party day
The guys were out gettin' snockered and decidin' whom each would lay
At 11:15, sopped, Teddy drove off, dirty louse; girl, sweet
'Cause he had hollered to his chauffeur, "You can stay here, and rest your feet"
And then I heard some TV news next mornin', while searchin' fridge
Last night, Mary Jo Kopechne: driven off the Chappaquiddick Bridge
Teddy said at inquest, she had asked "Back to my hotel, please"
But Mary Jo, saying that, would make no sense: Left her purse and keys 
You lying faker, party thrower, court, she: you want to plow
C'mon, you don't give a da*n about Mary Jo, anyhow
Pregnant wife at home, you scum; you're no good; got that c*ck-hard itch
And now Mary Jo Kopechne's lying in an underwater ditch
And Teddy said he recollected that he had dived for Mary Jo
Seven times, then went back to the Lawrence Cottage bungalow
Why wasn't he callin' the cops to go search for her that night?
Gosh, he's just Mom and Flag and Apple Pie, but still, it don't seem right
He left her underwater, snuffed her life out like a midge 
And Bobby's staffer, Mary Jo's trapped underneath the wood Dike Bridge 
Teddy said that he cried at what happened to that girl last night
But by early next morning, he was chattin' such like all was right 
This nice, young creature: Teddy, nail her, then run away
And be absolved as a sinner on Sunday: "Hail Marys", say
The evidence unfurled; it looked: manslaughter charge, soon, for crime, you'll pay
But Judge and Jury, Grand, and State Attorney made the charges go away  
A year has come and gone since we heard the news about Mary Jo
And Teddy's still a U.S. Senator; never off to jail, did go
Suspended license; guilty found: leaving accident; no more charge, bring
All the Kennedys, it seems, can get away with 'bout anything
And me, I see an awful crime, and some flowers on a graveyard ridge
I'd fling Ted's corpse, for his dirty slaughter, off the Chappaquiddick Bridge.
Someone really ought to erect a statue on the Mall to Mary Jo for keeping this reprobate out of the White House. She really DID give her life for her country.
Too bad someone never invited obozo to a beach party!
The other day on the Howie Carr radio show, his sidekick Sandy, explained why she always voted for Ted Kennedy.
I was dumbfounded as she comes across as a very common sense young lady. Her reasoning was that her state of Massachusetts was better off with Kennedy, he had the best staff in the senate when it comes to constituent concerns, and she comes from a family of democrats.
I sent her an email asking her when does morality come into her voting equation? When does doing what is right become more important than fixing the potholes on her street?
I probably shouldn’t have been too hard on her. Massachusetts is full of others just like her that kept him in office.
Thank you Oh Great All Powerful Mod.
Can you change the 55 to 45 too? Or is that beyond your powers?
Thanks lol Great job on that CD.
Did you actually put those songs to the CD or just have fun with the cover design?
That poor girl. She died one of the most hideous deaths imaginable - basically being buried alive. I hope she’s in paradise.
Ted Kennedy at Chappaquiddick
1. The party was middle aged married men and single women in their 20s who were transported to Chappaquiddick by Kennedy people. The party was held in a rented cottage. Large amounts of alcohol and drugs were involved. The married men made no arrangements for the single women to get home. They were expected to stay the night.
2. Kennedy drove Mary Jo from the party in his car. Mary Jo did not take her purse containing her wallet, hotel and other keys, etc. When found Mary Jo was not wearing panties.
3. When Kennedy left it was past the time when the regular ferry closed down for the night. Mary Jo and the other girls had a hotel room rented for them on the mainland. The only way for Mary Jo to get to her hotel was by taking the ferry.
4. A trooper saw Kennedys car parked and heard Kennedy and a woman arguing loudly. When the trooper approached the car sped off.
5. Kennedy was very familiar with Chappaquiddick roads. He vacationed there many times.
6. Dike road was a narrow unpaved road. The road to the ferry was a paved two lane highway. Kennedy knew he was not on the road to the ferry.
7. The car showed considerable damage from a crash. The car was taken by Kennedy people and never examined by police.
8. No autopsy was done on Mary Jo.
9. Kennedy went back to the party, got Gargan and Markham(both lawyers) who supposedly went looking for Mary Jo. There is no evidence of what they really did. On the way back to the party Ted walked past many houses with their lights on and a fire station. He did not stop at any of those places to get help. The diver who got Mary Jo from the car the next morning testified that if he had been called he could have been there and have had Mary Jo out of the car in 25 miniutes.
10. Mary Jo DID NOT drown. She died of slow suffocation as the air bubble in the car gradually gave out. It was estimated the she died several hours after the accident.
11. Ted and the lawyers made several phone calls that night to other attorneys and political fixers.
12. There is no evidence Ted dove in the water to try to save Mary Jo. The fact that he was very drunk indicates he probably did not.
13. Ted supposedly swam back to the mainland in his clothes after drinking all night. This did not happen. No one saw him in wet clothes. When Ted surrendered his drivers license there was no sign of it having been in the water.
14. Ted wearing dry clothes asked a hotel employee for the time at 2:30 am.
15. Ted ate breakfast with friends. He DID NOT report the accident. Fishermen reported finding the car that morning. Around 9 am reports came in that a car had been found and drivers were retrieving it. It was also reported that there was a womans dead body in the car.
16. After these reports reached Kennedy, he took the ferry to the island. He made several phone calls at a pay phone but he DID NOT report the accident. Later, Kennedy went with Gargan and Markam to the police to make a statement. He tried to get Gargan and Markhan to say that they had been driving the car. He said Mary Jo was driving the car. He also made up other stories. Finally Gargan prepared a statement for him in which Ted admitted that he had been driving.
I can remember Rush L., circa 1989 proclaiming Mary Jo as the most influential woman of the late 20th century, for political influence.
I was both stunned and hooked.
Profound, true and irritating to many.
Yep, I remember Chappaquiddick was breaking news just as the moon mission was happening.
I remember too, one of the major networks, had done interviews with Ted Kennedy, to talk about JFK and the space program, as part of their moon landing coverage. But with Chappaquiddick breaking, they decided not to show the Ted Kennedy interviews.