Skip to comments.11 Ways to Take Action During Pride Month [Slide Show]
Posted on 06/09/2020 5:23:42 AM PDT by C19fan
June is Pride Month, which means it's officially time to celebrate and support the LGBTQIA+ community with parades, marches, and other events. At least, that's what it means most years. Amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, Pride will have to look a little different in 2020. But then, it's never been all about the festivities anyway. Whether you're a part of the LGBTQIA+ community or not, we've uncovered a variety of ways to take action during the month of Junefrom asking people about their preferred pronouns, to supporting businesses owned by LGBTQIA+ people.
(Excerpt) Read more at msn.com ...
F ‘pride month’?
Pride? It is clearly a deadly sin.
I stopped here...”1. Read LGBTQIA+ publications.”
They forgot to add rioting to the list:
What an INCOMPLETE list! Where was:
Let a stranger sodomize you.
Hook up with a stranger in a public restroom.
Have sex with strangers in city park, or interstate rest area.
Have sex with an HIV positive person to make their day brighter!
Sue some Christians for not celebrating your gayness.
Priss around in public in bondage gear.
Work to legalize man-boy relationships!
I guess I could go on, but you get the drift.
Parades, Marches etc, so no social distancing then? Random orgies and hook ups in bathrooms after parades are all good then?
I knew even before the Floyd protests the gay pride would not stay shuttered. They didnt even want that in the 80s.
But you still cant go to a concert or a baseball game or church.
/sarcasm on/You forget the most important. Watch LGBT porn. At least the L part is an easy ask for most men./sarcasm off/
I’m a lesbian trapped in a man’s body.
Got ya beat, won't even look at what the 11 items are...
1: Read LGBTQIA+ publications. (Why would I read that crap, when I can read the memoirs of Ulysees Grant or Phyllis Schlafly’s “A Choice Not an Echo”?)
2. Support LGBTQIA+ owned businesses. (If I see a Rainbow Flag, I am not going in.)
3. Wear Pride-inspired gear. (What would that be? A Strap-On?)
4. Make an effort to ask what someone’s preferred pronouns are. (ME: Cold Day in Hell. Well, just for kicks...um, what’s your “preferred pronoun”? THEM: Hir. ME: Her? THEM: No, “Here”. ME: Here? You’re right in front of me. THEM: No...it’s pronounced “here”. ME: Does that mean you’re male or female? THEM: Hir means I’m male. ME: Where is here? If you’re pointing to your crotch and saying ‘here means I’m male’ I could understand that. What do you mean? You’re standing in front of me!”)
5. Learn from LGBTQIA+ activists. (Learn about what? High suicide rates? Fisting? Infectious STDs?)
6. Volunteer with your local LGBTQIA+ community center. (Uh huh. ME: Hello sir. How may I help you? THEM: I need help. I’m depressed and suicidal. ME: Here’s a bible. But to make it work, you should really accept that you are engaging in deviant behavior and try not to. Otherwise, you are fooling yourself and wasting your time.)
7. Donate to LGBTQIA+ organizations that make a difference. (Like hell. I’ll donate generously to veteran causes not involving homosexuality.)
8. Provide support to struggling LGBTQIA+ people. (See item #6)
9. Stand up and speak out against LGBTQIA+ prejudices and stereotypes. (I know GBTQIA+ people are prejudiced and stereotype people. I don’t think my standing and speaking out against it will do any good.)
10. Acquaint yourself with the policies that affect the LGBTQIA+ community. (And support the ones that remove them organized school or government sponsored activities)
11. Never stop learning. (Well, I can be down with the cause on this one, a worthy goal. But I don’t think we are learning the same things.)
What, are these people afraid of catching a virus or something?
we’ve uncovered a variety of ways to take action during the month of Junefrom asking people about their preferred pronouns, to supporting businesses owned by LGBTQIA+ people.
How about just dropping the alphabet soup of weirdness and change your name to Deviants?
Homosexuality is a mental illness. It’s not something to play into.
Wait, how do you put a rainbow icon over your solid black icon on all of your social media?
Is icon the right word or is there something else for the photo you put in the corner?
Dang, they tack a few more letters onto that every year, don’t they? And mathematical symbols now, too? Very impressive. In ten years it will occupy a paragraph-sized space.
Fake News. Pride Comes Before The Fall ... known since childhood. Pride overwhelms intellect. Intellect is why we have the good things around us. Pride is why we have wars and destroy the things around us.
It’s really that simple, and has been for centuries.
I laffed at #3 and #5. Very good on all the points. and thanks for saving me from having to read that nonsense!
That was partly why I did it, because I was curious, but like most people, I didn’t want to soil my browser going there...:)
So...I did a service!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.