Have Bones, Make Broth
Freeze it or use to make more gravy for other leftover dishes..It's easy as 1 2 31) Chop or break up turkey bones and place in a large pot.
- Turkey scrapes and all bones from leftover turkey
- 2 coarsely chopped carrots
- 1 celery rib with leaves, chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley with stems
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- Water or canned chicken broth (if you are short on bones)
2) Add remaining ingredients and cover with 2 quarts water or canned chicken or combination of the two.
3) Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer and cook, skimming for 2 hours. Strain and boil down to one quart.