Skip to comments.Virtual Casserole Party For Samiam1972(please post helpful casserole recipes for our new FR Mom!)
Posted on 06/24/2005 4:13:54 PM PDT by LadyShallott
I wanted to throw a casserole party for one of our FR moms. For those of you that dont know what a casserole shower is...I will explain. :) Please post a casserole recipe that is easily made and frozen so when the baby makes their welcomed appearance Mom can have some help with some easy and good food to make for herself and her family. This is a baby shower/casserole shower people. It's time for some recipes and really cute pics. :) Have Fun!
2 cups cooked rice
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (hamburger is good as well)
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
1 (15-30 ounce) can refried beans
1 1/2 cups cheese, grated
1 cup tomatoes, chopped
1 cup guacamole (use to your preference)
sour cream (use to your preference)
1 small can of chopped black olives
5 cups tortilla chips
Mix taco seasoning and tomato sauce.
Add shredded chicken and coat it well with tomato mixture.
Place cooked rice in the bottom of a 13 X 9 X 2 or disposable baking pan.
Top with chicken mixture.
Top with 1-2 cans of refried beans so you have a nice even coating.
Freeze in the disposable pan or pop out and put in freezer bag.
Place casserole back in a casserole pan when ready to cook
After thawing top with grated cheese.
Bake uncovered for 30 to 45 minutes at 350F or until hot all the way through and the cheese is nice and bubbly.
Top with above condiments (sour cream, olives, guacamole, tomato, and green onions are good as well)and dip with tortilla chips!
good Luck! I hope you dont mind that I did this..I know we havent talked that much online. But I know what its like to have to get ready for the new addition. Congratulations! :)
casserole party ping! I posted this idea earlier on the Freeper Table Thread...I thought it would be a good friday night/weekend thread to start. Congrats SamIAm on baby number 3! :)
Cut two chicken breasts into sections and place in a casserole dish. Add 1 cup of rice and 1.5 cups of water along with a can of condensed soup.Cream of Mushroom, Chicken or broccoli cheese. stir. When nearly done place cheese strips on top.
Cook 375 approximately 1 hour.
Here's an easy, easy one:
Chicken and Dressing Casserole Recipe
* 1 package herb stuffing mix, about 7 or 8 ounces
* 1 can condensed cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup
* 2 cups chicken broth
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 2 1/2 cups cooked diced chicken
* 1/2 cup milk
* 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
Toss the stuffing crumbs with half of the soup, the chicken broth, and eggs.Spread mixture into a shallow baking dish, about 11x7x2-inch. Top with the diced chicken. Combine remaining condensed soup with milk and pimiento; pour evenly over chicken.
Cover dish tightly with foil and bake at 350° for about 45 minutes.
Chicken and casserole recipe serves 6.
This is one of my family's favorites. It is way more like a casserole than a soup and freezes great. Blessings on the new little one and the busy Mom.
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND ARTICHOKE SOUP
1 pound Italian pork sausage links
1 large red onion, chopped
1 14 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped, or 1 9 oz. package frozen art hearts, thawed and chopped
1 28 oz can plum tomatoes
3 cups chicken stock
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp fennel seeds
¼ pound penne pasta
Salt and pepper to taste
Remove sausage from casings and crumble. Brown the sausage, stirring often, with the chopped onions in a stockpot over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes until the sausage is cooked through and the onions are translucent. Add the hearts and tomatoes with their juice and pour the stock over the sausage and vegetables. Stir in the herbs. Bring to a boil over medium high heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Add the pasta and simmer for 15 minutes until the pasta is done. Add salt and pepper.
Printed from COOKS.COM
1 can tuna
1 can sweet peas
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 box macaroni & cheese
1/2 stick butter
1 can corn
1 can green beans
Boil macaroni and mix with cheese and butter. In a casserole dish, put a layer of macaroni and tuna. Then layer of peas, corn, green beans and soup; repeat. Put as much juice from the vegetables as the dish will hold, leaving about an inch from top. Bake in 375 degree oven for about 45 minutes or until it has bubbled for 20 minutes. Very fast dish to make when you are in a rush.
Amazing. I'm boomarking!
Thank you Lady...I will see if I can find a few people to ping.
What's a casserole party?
* 8 large eggplants
* 8 large potatoes
* 8 green bell peppers
* 8 large onions
* 8 summer squash
* 6 tomatoes
* 1 pound fresh green beans
* 1 pound whole fresh mushrooms
* 2 bulbs garlic, cloves separated and peeled
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill weed
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
* 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
* 3/4 cup olive oil
* salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare the eggplant before assembling ingredients, by cutting them into 2 inch chunks and putting them into an extra large bowl with salted water to cover. This will draw out the bitterness from the eggplant. Let this sit for about 3 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
3. Cut the potatoes, green bell peppers, onion, squash and tomatoes into 2-inch chunks. Cut the green beans and mushrooms in half and peel the garlic cloves.
4. Drain and rinse the eggplant, then combine it with all the other chopped vegetables, the dill, oregano and basil and place all into a 3x13x18 inch roasting pan. Pour the tomato sauce and olive oil over all.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 2 1/2 hours, adding a little water about halfway through cooking time to keep moist.
This is not a casserole, but a delicious soup that freezes well.
8 ounces carrots, diced
8 ounces celery
8 ounces onions
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons corn or olive oil
4 cans chicken broth
1 can tomatoes, diced
1 can Rotel tomatoes & chilies, Diced
1 (1.25-1 1/2 ounce) packet taco seasoning
1 (10 count) package corn tortillas, broken into small pieces (or you can use taco shells, broken in to small pieces)
12 ounces chicken meat, diced, poached or grilled fajita meat (I use the leftover chicken from when I roast a chicken or buy roasted chicken.)
1 cup milk
12 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
corn tortilla chips, broken into small pieces
1. Saute carrots, onions, celery in oil, Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper until tender.
2. Add chicken broth and bring to boil.
3. Add tomatoes, Rotel, taco seasoning, and chicken.
4. Cut Tortillas into small pieces and add to broth mixture.
5. Let boil for 20 minutes or until tortillas are thoroughly incorporated into soup stirring occasionally to keep from sticking.
6. Reduce heat and add 8 oz. cheese. Simmer for additional 10 minutes.
7. Add milk and simmer for additional 10 minutes.
8. If thicker soup is desired, add more diced tortillas and let incorporate into soup.
9. Garnish with shredded cheese and broken tortilla chips.
A casserole party is something that I was invited to for a friend of mine who was pregnant with her second son (hence the lack of need for blue baby booties). What she needed was some help with food for the rest of the family after baby #2 made his welcomed appearance. So we had an easy casserole shower. We brought casseroles and easy meals that could be frozen and heated in an oven for her to help with dinner when sleep deprivation kicked in. :) She loved it! I thought I would pass on the good cheer to the soon to be new FR Mom via casseroles. :)
That's so cool. I'll have to remember that.
Open one bag of Fritos Corn Chips (dip style)
Carefully open one can of jalapeno bean dip. Discard lid.
Place one cold adult beverage in a foam Koozie near the bean dip.
Garnish with the TV remote control.
You know it may just be me, but this sounds like my husbands football season menu. :) I may be wrong. LOL. Thank you wise chef Dog Gone. (long pause)Thank you. :)
approx. 1 lb ground beef(more or less to taste)
1 lb macaroni (my family likes bow ties but elbows work great
2 cans of Manwhich(or favorite sloppy joe sauce)
brown ground beef
add the Manwhich sauce
simmer beef & sauce 10 mins.
Cook macaroni's as per box
add Manwhich & beef to the macaroni!
It's simple , quick & filling!
I'm surprised they published it.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.