Skip to comments.Mensa's New Words for 2005 (humor)
Posted on 09/12/2005 3:49:22 PM PDT by pissant
The Washington Post's Mensa Invitational once again asked readers to take any word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing of one letter, and supply a new definition.
Here are the 2005 winners:
1. Cashtration (n.): The act of buying a house, which renders the subject financially impotent for an indefinite period.
2. Ignoranus: A person who's both stupid and an a**hole.
3. Intaxication: Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.
4. Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
5. Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
6. Foreploy: Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of getting laid.
7. Giraffiti: Vandalism spray-painted very, very high.
8. Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.
9. Inoculatte: To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.
10. Hipatitis: Terminal coolness.
11. Osteopornosis: A degenerate disease. (This one got extra credit.)
12. Karmageddon: It's like, when everybody is sending off all these really bad vibes, right? And then, like, the Earth explodes and it's like, a serious bummer.
13. Decafalon (n.): The grueling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you.
14. Glibido: All talk and no action.
15. Dopeler effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
16. Arachnoleptic fit (n.): The frantic dance performed just after you've accidentally walked through a spider web.
17. Beelzebug (n.): Satan in the form of a mosquito, that gets into your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.
18. Caterpallor (n.): The color you turn after finding half a worm in the fruit you're eating.
I like #4 becaue I have not heard anyone say "What in Tarnation" in years! I never understood what tarnation menat....but sure do like the word.
Who do you think these people are? Mensas? ;o)
Are you just stirring up trouble tonight! ;o)
I think not!
Catasstrophy: What you keep to memorialize catching the feline who's been yowling under your window all night.
I've always suspected it was a hillbilly contraction of "the entire nation".
[with the "tire" in entire pronounced "tar", naturally]...;))
Kennetee: part man part fat sea creature.
That was one of Yosemite Sam's favorite lines!
"I think not!"
Careful pissant...Rene' Descartes once said that...and -vanished-!...;D
Your asking me???????????? I never stir the pot.....
Guitard: Moron who thinks his future lies in playing 32nd-note ladder riffs and grimacing.
[Freepmail me to get on or off this Not-A-Ping-List.]
Puposterous: When Muttly denies knowing anything about the pic-a-nic basket.
I think women are too smart to waste their time on such things. ;-)
I'm obviously not a candidate for Mensa!
Hehehe. I like that one!
Uh-huh. You are the picture of innocence 'round here! Of course, too many Pissant threads may tarnish that halo! ;o)
ooooooo. Very good. I think you get a free week's membership! ;o)
(The scary thing is, I think it's funny!)
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.