Skip to comments.****OFFICIAL FRIDAY SILLINESS (SPRING FORWARD) THREAD****
Posted on 03/09/2007 4:57:01 AM PST by Lucky9teen
This weekend Daylight Saving Time begins, at 2am on Sunday, March 11th. Ah, time...great, we lose an hour this weekend, and that means one less hour to play, drink, sleep, and just be. Let's kill some time here then....
What do you do with your time? Do you Spring Forward this weekend?
2007 Daylight-saving change could confuse gadgets
Daylight saving time (DST), also known as summer time in British English, is the convention of advancing clocks so that evenings have more daylight and mornings have less. Typically clocks are adjusted forward one hour in late winter or early spring and are adjusted backward in autumn. Details vary by location and change occasionally.
Governments often promote DST as an energy conservation measure because it substitutes summer afternoon sunlight for electrical lighting. However, in some cases DST can increase energy costs.
Daylight Saving Time - for the U.S. and its territories - is NOT observed in Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and by most of Arizona (with the exception of the Navajo Indian Reservation in Arizona).
"An extra yawn one morning in the springtime, an extra snooze one night in the autumn is all that we ask in return for dazzling gifts. We borrow an hour one night in April; we pay it back with golden interest five months later."
Official Friday Silliness Thread Ping List
~ Click here to be added or taken off the list ~
It was 2 degrees here this morning.
I'm not here today.
Not Daylight Savings Time again!
TOP TEN? Let The Silliness Begin
1. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
2. Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
3. Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
4. Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
5. The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
6. If you lined up all the cars in the world end to end, someone would
be stupid enough to try to pass them, five or six at a time, on a hill,
in the fog.
7. The things that come to those who wait will be the scraggly junk
left by those who got there first.
8. The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.
9. A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
10. When you go into court, you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty
Although, you gotta wonder what goes through people's heads sometimes. Who looks at road kill and thinks of posing his GI Joes for a picture?
I love Daylight Savings Time!!!
Heck - I celebrate it and make it a holiday :)
Checking in from the road! This one is a LOOONG business trip.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.