Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Being attacked by Militant Atheist Group - Advise?
Yomin Postelnik

Posted on 06/14/2008 8:25:27 PM PDT by Yomin Postelnik

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone had this experience before. I wrote a column about the proof of the existence of a Divine Creator (see http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-religion/2029192/posts ) and am now getting google stalked by an Atheist Group in Austin, in addition to phone calls and emails.

I'm not going to stop saying/writing what I believe or stop speaking out against these tactics, but was wondering if anyone here had experience and knows what to do about google, etc. I know some of us may disagree on the issues, but I don't think there's much debate about these tactics.

The full story of what happened is available here: http://creationistsearcher.wordpress.com/2008/06/15/on-the-lies-and-harassment-tactics-of-martin-wagner-and-russell-glasser/


TOPICS: Religion; Science; Society
KEYWORDS: antichristian; antitheism; antitheist; atheists; atheistsupremacists; attacks; brownshirts; christianbashing; hategroups; liberalbigots; militantleftists; mythos; persecution; religiousintolerance; solitonhasspoken
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-100101-150151-200 ... 301-325 next last

1 posted on 06/14/2008 8:25:28 PM PDT by Yomin Postelnik
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Yomin Postelnik

pray


2 posted on 06/14/2008 8:27:17 PM PDT by NonValueAdded (I tried to explain that I meant it as a compliment, but that only appears to have made things worse.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Yomin Postelnik

Dude, that sucks


3 posted on 06/14/2008 8:30:06 PM PDT by cmsgop ( Billy Mays is the Anti-Christ)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Yomin Postelnik

Pray for those who persecute you . I have no proof it works , only faith .


4 posted on 06/14/2008 8:31:42 PM PDT by kbennkc (For those who have fought for it , freedom has a flavor the protected will never know)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Yomin Postelnik

Spam is everywhere.. Get a spam filter.. and just delete it all.. No response just delete it as if it didn’t happen....


5 posted on 06/14/2008 8:36:29 PM PDT by hosepipe (This propaganda has been edited to include some fully orbed hyperbole....)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Yomin Postelnik; Das Outsider; cmsgop; NonValueAdded

Your experience proves that atheists are the
most narrow minded, militant and annoying of
ALL evangelical religionists.

BTW... Before Christ, I was (and continue to be)
evangelized far more by atheists and liberals than
I ever was by Christians and conservatives.

Mocking the cycle of life, deviancy must reproduce
itself in order to justify its existence.

HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!


6 posted on 06/14/2008 8:37:28 PM PDT by Jo Nuvark (Those who bless Israel will be blessed, those who curse Israel will be cursed. Gen 12:3)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Yomin Postelnik

Sic the Jehovah’s Witnesses on them!! LOL


7 posted on 06/14/2008 8:38:10 PM PDT by 2ndDivisionVet (McCain could never convince me to vote for him. Only the Marxist Obama can!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Yomin Postelnik
In the Name of Jesus, that Name above every name, Who is King of kings, and Lord of lords, I denounce and rebuke all of your adversaries who seek to afflict you and cause you suffering, I pray for the Lord to place a hedge around you, for His Angels to watch over you and to protect you and yours from any who would do you harm, or cause you grief.

I pray for your persecutors to come to an awareness of Almighty God, and their need to come to Jesus Christ, confess their sins, and follow Him as their Saviour, and to confess that 'Jesus Christ is Lord'.

Amen.

If God be for you, who can be against you? Don't let the little rascals get you down. Sing Jesus back at 'em!
8 posted on 06/14/2008 8:38:27 PM PDT by mkjessup (Obama-flakes! = Little suntanned Jimmy Carters with twice the empty rhetoric , from DNC cereals!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Yomin Postelnik

Satan is testing you, remain firm in your convictions and don’t stray from God’s truth......I am sure you do this already but pray before you share your message...if you belong to a church or small group ask them to cover you in prayer.....I and others will lift you up in prayer.....


9 posted on 06/14/2008 8:40:42 PM PDT by Kimmers
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Yomin Postelnik

> and am now getting google stalked by an Atheist Group in Austin, in addition to phone calls and emails.

Right then. It depends what you mean by “Stalked”.

In most jurisdictions it is a crime to use a telephone for the purposes of harassment, and usually your telco will take action if you make a complaint.

Of course, that only works if they are actually harassing you. If all they are doing is providing fair right-of-reply to your messages, you’re on your own.


10 posted on 06/14/2008 8:43:00 PM PDT by DieHard the Hunter (Is mise an ceann-cinnidh. Cha ghéill mi do dhuine. Fàg am bealach.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Yomin Postelnik

read later


11 posted on 06/14/2008 8:45:14 PM PDT by LiteKeeper (Beware the secularization of America; the Islamization of Eurabia)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Yomin Postelnik

The Servant in Battle

O LORD,
I bless thee that the issue of the battle between thyself and Satan
has never been uncertain,
and will end in victory.
Calvary broke the dragon’s head,
and I contend with a vanquished foe,
who with all his subtlety and strength
has already been overcome.
When I feel the serpent at my heel
may I remember him whose heel was bruised,
but who, when bruised, broke the devil’s head.
My soul with inward joy extols the mighty conqueror.
Heal me of any wounds received in the great conflict;
if I have gathered defilement,
if my faith has suffered damage,
if my hope is less than bright,
if my love is not fervent,
if some creature-comfort occupies my heart,
if my soul sinks under pressure of the fight.
O thou whose every promise is balm,
every touch life,
draw near to thy weary warrior,
refresh me, that I may rise again to wage the strife,
and never tire until my enemy is trodden down.
Give me such fellowship with thee that I may defy Satan,
unbelief, the flesh, the world,
with delight that comes not from a creature,
and which a creature cannot mar.
Give me a draught of the eternal fountain
that lieth in thy immutable, everlasting love and decree.
Then shall my hand never weaken, my feet never stumble,
my sword never rest, my shield never rust,
my helmet never shatter, my breastplate never fall,
as my strength rests in the power of thy might.

The Valley of Vision, A collection of Puritan prayers and devotions, edited by Arthur Bennett (Edinburgh: Banner of Truth, 1983), p. 181.


12 posted on 06/14/2008 8:45:18 PM PDT by Kimmers
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: All

Guys, I can’t tell you how very touched I am by your comments. I really appreciate them, I can’t tell you how much. May all of you be blessed as well and we’ll pray for each other. Thanks so much. You’re all really great and you don’t know how helpful your comments are.


13 posted on 06/14/2008 8:47:31 PM PDT by Yomin Postelnik (Vote the War Hero, Not the Incompetent Noob - Don't Sit Out - Our Security's At Stake)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: Yomin Postelnik

I fyou are physically being stalked then a good course of action is to establish where (most important) and when (extremely helpful). If you establish where you are being stalked get some friends that will be willing to help in a stakeout from point a to point b. All should be armed with video cameras so the perps can be caught in the act. But before you go to the police try to gather as much info via email threats, calls that can further tie the perp that will inevitably deny any such stalking activity. That’s when you drop the boom...


14 posted on 06/14/2008 8:50:23 PM PDT by torchthemummy ("The stumbles we make (Carter) just point out the path we must or must not take." Irongranpa at LGF)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Yomin Postelnik

I agree with what some others here have said. If the atheists are merely responding to you, you have no recourse. However, if they are really harrassing and stalking you, get the proof and take it to the police.

Several years ago, we had someone who would call on the phone and then hang up as soon as we answered. He would do this several times a day. We contacted the police and they tried a phone tap, but for technical reasons couldn’t find out who it was. Finally, we changed our phone number and got an unlisted number and haven’t had that problem since.


15 posted on 06/14/2008 9:16:50 PM PDT by FFranco
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Yomin Postelnik

You posted one of the absolutely most scientifically ignorant posts of all time on FR and now you are afraid of the response?


16 posted on 06/14/2008 9:21:59 PM PDT by Soliton
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Soliton
The genius uses his real name as a screen name and has his own wiki entry:

Yomin Postelnik (1977- ) is a political commentator with a conservative bent who lives in Florida. Postelnik was born in Montreal, Canada in 1977. He has written on conservative philosophy and has proposed solutions to current political and social issues. His columns are regularly featured in Canada Free Press. Postelnik received a Rabbinic degree in 2000 from the Rabbinical College of Canada. He has written on the Arab-Israeli conflict, stressing that dialogue and good will must be fostered and should be the focus of concentrated efforts as opposed to land deals, which he views as temporary fixes to a larger problem. He is also a grant writer and consultant for dozens of non-profit organizations throughout the United States. Most recently he was involved in an in-depth debate on atheism and evolutionary science, taking place in May 2008. The debate was proposed by Postelnik after several atheists supposedly took points Postelnik had made in a non-related column out of context. Postelnik brought several arguments he believed to be pointing to the existence of a divine creator and posed several questions on Darwinian theory. The transcript is available at Myth Debunker.

He is also scientifically illiterate and because of this does more harm to his friends than his enemies

17 posted on 06/14/2008 9:29:48 PM PDT by Soliton
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

To: Yomin Postelnik
I would like to see if they speak for almost all atheists or for only the most militant.

If they're going through all that trouble, they're extremely militant, and each one probably has no life outside the internet.

I don't understand, though, how someone "google harrasses" someone else. Bumping your article to the top and complaining about your article only brings more attention to it, and I would think a writer would consider that a good thing. Like some talk show radio hosts who make a living angering people, maybe you can capitalize on the attention, and it can work in your favor. No one wants to hire a writer to whom readers pay no attention. But they might want to hire a writer who drives people mad, right?

18 posted on 06/14/2008 9:37:34 PM PDT by Tired of Taxes (Dad, I will always think of you.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Yomin Postelnik

“...and am now getting google stalked by an Atheist Group in Austin...”

Dude,
You might be dealing with the remnants of the REAL American Atheist group.
I.e., the one that Madalyn Murray O’Hair ran before she and some others
got sent to their “reward” by some of her employees.
(Funny, documentaries never mention if her killer(s) were devout atheists
as well.)

Be CAREFUL!!!
Head for the catacombs if necessary!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madalyn_Murray_O’Hair


19 posted on 06/14/2008 9:45:27 PM PDT by VOA
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Tired of Taxes

FR is regularly used by wannabe writers as a source of free publicity. Take a look at his claim to fame post, and even if you agree with him, you have to see that he is a horrible writer.


20 posted on 06/14/2008 9:45:48 PM PDT by Soliton
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

To: Yomin Postelnik
First of all, I’m really sorry to hear that you are being harassed by phone calls at home and at work. That must really suck.

But then again, I would advise you that if you publish articles and blogs (inviting comment) and on the Web and FR posts under your real name and publish your personal email address and place of work on the Web and on FR and on your blog and have a publicly published phone number, then you shouldn’t be all too surprised to get emails and phone calls from all types of people; those that who heartedly agree with you, those that disagree with you, sometimes hostilely and even from a fair share of complete nut jobs.

If you put yourself and your opinions out there in a public forum of opinion because you want people to know who you are and read your opinions and contact you then you have to accept the fact that not everyone is going to agree with you and you are going to hear from some of them. Hearing from people who disagree with you does not in itself constitute harassment. And if you want search engines like Google to enable like minded people to find out about you, you have to also accept that then anyone and everyone can also find out about you and that’s not Google’s fault.

And I’m sure a lot of Atheists like Richard Dawkins get a lot of nasty hate email and even worse.

In other words, “if you can’t stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen”.
21 posted on 06/14/2008 10:03:02 PM PDT by Caramelgal (Just a lump of organized protoplasm - braying at the stars :),)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Soliton; Yomin Postelnik
> You posted one of the absolutely most scientifically ignorant posts of all time on FR and now you are afraid of the response? (snip)

> The genius uses his real name as a screen name and has his own wiki entry: (snip)

> He is also scientifically illiterate and because of this does more harm to his friends than his enemies (snip)

> FR is regularly used by wannabe writers as a source of free publicity. Take a look at his claim to fame post, and even if you agree with him, you have to see that he is a horrible writer.

Mate, to be frank: I find personal-attack posts like yours to be a crashing bore. I bet others do, too.

22 posted on 06/14/2008 10:28:18 PM PDT by DieHard the Hunter (Is mise an ceann-cinnidh. Cha ghéill mi do dhuine. Fàg am bealach.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

To: Soliton

You’re saying he deserves to be harassed because he has the guts to use his real name and his world view isn’t up to your personal standards? I would say that he should expect it, since there are so many judgmental a-holes in the world, but that doesn’t mean he deserves it.


23 posted on 06/14/2008 10:33:04 PM PDT by TigersEye (Berlin 1936. Olympics for murdering regimes. Beijing 2008.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

To: DieHard the Hunter

The thing is I can defend what I say within the rules


24 posted on 06/14/2008 11:38:22 PM PDT by Soliton
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

To: TigersEye
You’re saying he deserves to be harassed because he has the guts to use his real name and his world view isn’t up to your personal standards?

No, I'm saying that this person is so unaware, or so in need of attention, that he or she uses their real, very unique name on the internet, and is surprised when people harrass him or her. My 12 year old niece knows better. And also, he or she wants to claim erudition when he or she misstates basic scientific facts in its article.

25 posted on 06/14/2008 11:43:03 PM PDT by Soliton
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 23 | View Replies]

To: Soliton

> The thing is I can defend what I say within the rules

Then do so. You’ve been around long enough to know how it’s done properly.


26 posted on 06/14/2008 11:59:40 PM PDT by DieHard the Hunter (Is mise an ceann-cinnidh. Cha ghéill mi do dhuine. Fàg am bealach.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

To: Soliton

I am a geologist in training and know much of the fossil record and do not believe in Darwin. Nor do dozens of scientists who got their degrees from accredited universities.


27 posted on 06/15/2008 12:02:54 AM PDT by LukeL (Yasser Arafat: "I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

To: Soliton

That isn’t what your first post sounded like at all. I agree that the responses are to be expected if you put yourself out there. As for his writing; you can disagree with his conclusions, I know I do, but he writes well enough.


28 posted on 06/15/2008 12:20:44 AM PDT by TigersEye (Berlin 1936. Olympics for murdering regimes. Beijing 2008.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

To: DieHard the Hunter; Soliton; Kimmers; NonValueAdded

[... I find personal-attack posts like yours to
be a crashing bore. I bet others do, too...]

Ditto!


29 posted on 06/15/2008 8:23:21 AM PDT by Jo Nuvark (Those who bless Israel will be blessed, those who curse Israel will be cursed. Gen 12:3)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

To: LukeL
I am a geologist in training

See "Strata Smith" and get back to me when your training is complete.

30 posted on 06/15/2008 8:43:16 AM PDT by Soliton
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies]

To: Jo Nuvark

Read this man’s original post. He is just simply ignorant of scientific method and loose with fact. He then uses FR to promote his writings.

If you are a “professional writer”, then you should be able to defend your writing against criticism.


31 posted on 06/15/2008 8:46:52 AM PDT by Soliton
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 29 | View Replies]

To: Soliton
I know about the geological column and laws of stratigraphy. I also know that every scientific group has their own version of it and it changes on what seems like a yearly basis. Also the idea that you know this rock is Devonian by the fish fossil and that this fish fossil must be Devonian because of the rock it is in, is a form of circular reasoning.

You seem like you enjoy insulting people by stating the obvious. I am not going to tell you if I am an old earth or young earth creationist because it does not matter in mu point that evolution is one of the least probable events that can occur.

32 posted on 06/15/2008 9:21:23 AM PDT by LukeL (Yasser Arafat: "I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 30 | View Replies]

To: LukeL

What is your explanation for the evident increase of complexity in fossils from older strata to newer ones? How old do you think the Earth is? If Darwin was wrong, how do you explain the origin of species?


33 posted on 06/15/2008 9:32:17 AM PDT by Soliton
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]

To: Soliton
I said I am not going to explain my reasoning for the age of the earth as it has no baring on my views of Darwin.

http://www.reasons.org/resources/apologetics/design_evidences/200406_fine_tuning_for_life_on_earth.shtml

Darwin himself could not explain the appearance of life from nonliving matter and no one has come up with an answer as of yet. Even if we could get this event to happen we would need it to occur millions of times in different locations to ensure a rich enough source of DNA/RNA to continue the increase in complexity and counteract localized extinction events.

34 posted on 06/15/2008 9:41:31 AM PDT by LukeL (Yasser Arafat: "I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 33 | View Replies]

To: LukeL
Darwin himself could not explain the appearance of life from nonliving matter and no one has come up with an answer as of yet.

You are apparently young, so I will be as kind as I can.

You will never have confidence in your own beliefs until you adopt an epistimological methodology. You can simply adopt faith, which is believing what you are told by an accepted authority or believing what feels good, or you can adopt scientific methodology and at least test your beliefs against empirical evidence.

As a geologist in training, you apparently have some affinity for science. I suggest it as your epistimological paradigm.

Most creationists have been forced to accept "micro-evolution" because it has been so thoroughly demonstrated as fact. They resist "macro-evolution" because it has implications for creationism as described in The Bible.

All normal matter is made up of protons, neutrons, and electrons. This includes the Pope, a turnip, and the gravel in your driveway.

Being alive then is not what we are made of, but an arrangement of those things or a process involving those things

We can show that chemicals combine in predictable ways based simply on their outer shell electrons. We can create the chemicals of life in a lab. We can demonstrate scientifically, evolution up to the point of viruses. On the other side of the inanimate/ animate divide is generally accepted "micro-evolution"--accepted even by ID and Creationist proponents.

The "holy grail objection" of Creationist/IDers is proof of the animation of inanimate matter. I believe we will be able to produce simple life in a laboratory soon based on the current state-of-the-art biological paractices. But even before that, as a rational, science-leaning, seeker of knowledge have you:

Ever wondered at the fact that the introduction of a chemical that interupts the process of a critical enzyme causes life to cease and the once living thing to become just a mass of chemicals which breaks down into component elements? In other words, we have known that the reverse of the process of life, death, is chemical or physical. Why shouldn't the process of life be the same?

35 posted on 06/15/2008 10:09:37 AM PDT by Soliton
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies]

To: Soliton
You are apparently young, so I will be as kind as I can.

Why do you have to be condescending?

You yourself said I believe in the future science will.... You have total faith in science and the physical world around you.

36 posted on 06/15/2008 11:46:42 AM PDT by LukeL (Yasser Arafat: "I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies]

To: LukeL
Why do you have to be condescending?

I'm sorry. Are you going to address my statement?

37 posted on 06/15/2008 11:48:54 AM PDT by Soliton
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies]

To: Soliton
I still want to know what makes life, life? You throw a person into a blender you have done nothing to change the physical make up of their body, yet they are now dead. Also what makes a person awake and aware? The mystery of life can never be solved in the science lab.

Also it is impossible for me to argue with an evolutionist because any evidence I give will be cited as some sort of logical fallacy.

38 posted on 06/15/2008 11:54:23 AM PDT by LukeL (Yasser Arafat: "I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 37 | View Replies]

To: Yomin Postelnik

Mr. Postelnik, your article exhibited a gross ignorance of logical argumentation exceeded only by your gross ignorance of the subject matter you discussed, Mr. Postelnik. If people respond negatively to such a an article as that, you shouldn’t be surprised.

To everyone else here, your replies of encouragement and support speak well of you all, but sadly Mr. Postelnik is taking advantage of your kindness. His claims of harassment are unfounded whereas he’s attacked other’s wikipedia pages with libelous claims (his IP was logged doing this), spread a press release about this so-called “attack” he’s suffering, and has threatened legal action all because he wrote a really poor article riddled with errors and is upset anyone would actually point those errors out.


39 posted on 06/15/2008 6:35:03 PM PDT by PhillyChief
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: LukeL

Your argument that “You throw a person into a blender you have done nothing to change the physical make up of their body, yet they are now dead.” is exactly the point. God isn’t involved.

If God isn’t necessary to end a life process, why do you think it is necessary to begin it?


40 posted on 06/15/2008 6:38:39 PM PDT by Soliton
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 38 | View Replies]

To: Yomin Postelnik
The phone calls are harassment, file a complaint. The emails can be ignored, learn to love the delete button.
41 posted on 06/15/2008 7:31:42 PM PDT by IllumiNaughtyByNature (Senator McCain, what did GWB promise you back in 2000? And you believed him? BWAHAAAAA!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Soliton
Ever wondered at the fact that the introduction of a chemical that interupts the process of a critical enzyme causes life to cease and the once living thing to become just a mass of chemicals which breaks down into component elements? In other words, we have known that the reverse of the process of life, death, is chemical or physical. Why shouldn't the process of life be the same?

Creating life has nothing in common with destroying life. I can destroy a car, for example; I cannot design a car from scratch.

I'll be holding my breath on you biology experiment. Good luck.

42 posted on 06/15/2008 8:54:15 PM PDT by backslacker (Thou shall worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. --Luke 4:8b)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies]

To: backslacker

You can not destroy what the car is made of. A car is just a special arrangement of atoms. It was designed by an animal that evolved from animals that are also just special arrangements of atoms.


43 posted on 06/15/2008 9:02:24 PM PDT by Soliton
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 42 | View Replies]

To: Soliton
If you are a “professional writer”, then you should be able to defend your writing against criticism.

He is not complaining about CRITICISM. He is being harassed by left-wing evolutionists. Difference.

44 posted on 06/15/2008 9:04:11 PM PDT by backslacker (Thou shall worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. --Luke 4:8b)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies]

To: Soliton
You can not destroy what the car is made of. A car is just a special arrangement of atoms. It was designed by an animal that evolved from animals that are also just special arrangements of atoms.

One direction is more difficult, I would say impossible, than the other direction.

45 posted on 06/15/2008 9:09:20 PM PDT by backslacker (Thou shall worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. --Luke 4:8b)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 43 | View Replies]

To: backslacker

I see no compelling reason why it should be impossible. Do you have any scientific proof of an alternative theory?


46 posted on 06/15/2008 9:15:58 PM PDT by Soliton
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 45 | View Replies]

To: Soliton
He is also scientifically illiterate and because of this does more harm to his friends than his enemies

Among other things, he epitomizes the FReeper approach to science. He will prosper here.

47 posted on 06/15/2008 9:16:11 PM PDT by js1138
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

To: backslacker; NonValueAdded; cmsgop; kbennkc; mkjessup
Thanks again to all of you. It's been going on non-stop and the reaction of some atheists has been "good, he wrote something that's contrary to our true heroes of science" (I kid you not, see the genius quote on the bottom). This is reminiscent of communists, and defamation was their tactic of choice while they were still an opposition group.

Look at PhillyChief, registered yesterday. He found this thread by googling me and has posted stalking comments on links in websites of local papers. Every day there's a malicious and ongoing campaign to bring false accusations onto the front page of my google results, all false accusations coming from the site he frequents.

Still, they can't get their accusations to show up in the first google link, so they're trying to vandalize and delete my wikipedia page. I'm I can ask for a favor, and I'm sorry to ask this and I'll return it at any time, if you can all take a second to stop their attempts to delete the page I'd be very thankful if you can go to

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Yomin_Postelnik&action=edit and type:

*'''Do not delete''' Subject of vandalization or something of that nature below the other comments (and then just press save), I'd greatly appreciate it.

Special thanks to Jo Nuvark, Kimmer and ibtheman for your encouragement.

Thanks and blessings to you all and thank you for your encouragement during this time.

48 posted on 06/16/2008 5:57:25 AM PDT by Yomin Postelnik (Vote the War Hero, Not the Incompetent Noob - Don't Sit Out - Our Security's At Stake)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 42 | View Replies]

To: Yomin Postelnik; Kimmers; 2ndDivisionVet

You must have hit some kind of nerve to have
Richard Dawkins after you. If I were wiki,
that would be pretty terrific cred and reason
enough to leave you on their site.


49 posted on 06/16/2008 8:19:35 AM PDT by Jo Nuvark (Those who bless Israel will be blessed, those who curse Israel will be cursed. Gen 12:3)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 48 | View Replies]

To: Jo Nuvark

“atheist” is a misnomer.

ANTItheist is more accurate.

If you didn’t believe in the existance of unicorns, would you attack those who did?


50 posted on 06/16/2008 8:21:18 AM PDT by MrB (You can't reason people out of a position that they didn't use reason to get into in the first place)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]


Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-100101-150151-200 ... 301-325 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson