there are some historic facts you ought to consider:
1. Spanish WAS spoken in Arizona before English.
2. Hispanics are now the largest minority group in the U.S.
3. It is estimated that Hispanics will be equal in size to Americans who can trace their linage back to Western Europe in 40 years.
4. Hispanics will be the majority ethnic U.S. group by the late 21st Century (grandchildren's generation).
5. Most Hispanics ascribe to the fact that hard work will result in wealth, (thanks to the Roman Catholic Church) most are family oriented and share Republican philosophy regarding such items as abortion, euthanasia and honesty in work and life.
6. Republicans need to court Hispanics; ensure they are inculcated with capitalistic ideals and are repulsed by Democratic appeals for endless cradle-to-grave welfare and entitlements.
You appear to be operating under a mistaken impression. "Hispanic" does not necessarily equal "illegal immigrant."
I don't know of anybody who has a problem with courting Hispanic voters to the conservative cause. We need (and have much to offer to) Hispanics, blacks, Poles, and people of all origins.
It's McCain's love of illegals that makes him unfit for the office he seeks.
Then we should end all the “race-specific” benefits and programs, and base it on need and/or ability.