Skip to comments.Freep This Pol
Posted on 10/27/2008 1:15:59 PM PDT by weldAllday
Is Barak Obama a Marxist ? pol #s currently at yes----13% No ----87%
22 % yes
78 % no
FREEP THIS POLL ***PING!*** FRmail me if you want to be added or removed from the Fearless Poll-Freeping Freepers Ping list. And be sure to ping me to any polls that need Freepin', if I miss them. (looks like a medium volume list) (gordongekko909, founder of the pinglist, stays on the list until his ghost signs up for the list)
Is Obama a marxist?
Now 27% yes
We can do a lot better making the truth more evident, folks.
Is Obama a marxist?
The answer is obvious, but apparently the “no-brainers” are hitting the poll hard...
Apparently they should have this listed BEFORE the poll...
While there are many theoretical and practical differences among the various forms of Marxism, most forms of Marxism share these principles:
* a belief that capitalism is based on the exploitation of workers by the owners of the means of production
* a belief that people’s consciousness of the conditions of their lives reflects the dominant ideology which is in turn shaped by material conditions and relations of production
* an understanding of class in terms of differing relations of production, and as a particular position within such relations
* an understanding of material conditions and social relations as historically malleable
* a view of history according to which class struggle, the evolving conflict between classes with opposing interests, structures each historical period and drives historical change
* a belief that this dialectical historical process will ultimately result in a replacement of the current class structure of society with a system that manages society for the good of all, resulting in the dissolution of the class structure and its support (more often than not including the nation state)
Good list, but do you think the average person would understand it? ;-)