Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: dbz77

Will someone ask the homosexual activists about Islam’s treatment of homosexuals?


6 posted on 12/05/2008 7:45:52 AM PST by Mamzelle (Boycott Peggy Swoonin')
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]


To: Mamzelle

I would like to know what the gay activists think about Islam’s treatment of homosexuals too.

Everyday life for homosexuals has never been better than it is now, in the year 2008, in the western world. Yet their anger has boiled over because they can’t call themselves married. And their anger is esp. great at a liberal state of California, which has given them virtually all marriage rights under its domestic partnership law. 40 states don’t even have any legal recognition of homosexual couples at all. Yet their anger is directed at the state which has been a leader in their issues.

So the issue du jour is that gays are pissed off that they can’t use the title marriage. They talk so much about hospital visits and property ownership, and they have all those rights in Calif. and a few other states now. Is their goal to have those rights, or is their goal that they have to be able to use the word “marriage”? I saw a lesbian female activist on TV complain that they spent $40 million opposing Prop. 8, and that there are so many other things they could have spent $40 million on. It was a waste for the gay community, in that, they already have those rights in Calif, just not the title.

Oh well. The Calif. Supreme Court might reinstate homosexual marriage. Then the 15% of the homosexual couples who actually want the title marriage will get married. The other 85% will just go about their lives, and their lives will be unchanged whether society calls homosexual couples married or not.


14 posted on 12/05/2008 7:55:29 AM PST by Dilbert San Diego
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article


FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson