Skip to comments.Being Squeezed Like the Trash Compactor in Star Wars
Posted on 04/30/2009 7:59:44 PM PDT by CincyRichieRich
It just seems so quiet across America. Tea parties are great, but our dictator gets what he wants, most Americans are like brainwashed zombies...one woman I talked to about insurance said, "Well, at least he's articulate and I don't lose sleep at night"...my goodness. It's as if we're in the trash compactor in Star Wars and we just sit there and say, "well, we can't do anything". I'm stumped, actually...I really don't know what we can do. Truly writing our congressmen doesn't seem to help as they're too stupid and inept.
I warned people about this last year, but they said that 0bama would give us the next Reagan. Soon the 0bamatrons are going to be like the Hilter youth or the Red Guard in China.
I like your Star Wars analogy. This really is the Jedi Mind Trick Presidency. They wave their hands and say, “No, you DIDN’T see President Obama bow to the Saudi king.” “No, VP Biden DIDN’T say to avoid planes and subways.” “President Obama is really CUTTING taxes.” And many many people are falling for it.
But I guess the Jedi mind trick only works on those who have a weak mind, right?
>It’s as if we’re in the trash compactor in Star Wars and we just sit there and say, “well, we can’t do anything”.
Well, now that we’re talking movie analogies, I was just watching Conan the Barbarian and there’s a scene when Conan since he was a boy, was ordered to push this big “wheel of sorrow” for the next 15 years. In the end, he was the one left standing.
Right now, we’re the ones pushing that big wheel but the end is what matters most. “Conan...what is best in life?”
I hear you...Red Guard is a possibility...I still scratch my head and can’t believe how it happened...it was so fast. There has to be a way to cut through the media/tv/cable to wake folks up. I really think only a major terrorist attack would do it...I truly believe if it happened, 0bama would blame the US and cheer the terrorists...he actually is doing a slow terrorist attack on the US...albeit he’s moving very speedily to “remake” America.
Hey, get a new basketball team...powder blue isn’t exactly masculine...I didn’t know they even had any conservatives at that school. I hear in Carrboro it’s illegal to shave armpits and legs.
I like your Star Wars analogy. This really is the Jedi Mind Trick Presidency. They wave their hands and say, No, you DIDNT see President Obama bow to the Saudi king. No, VP Biden DIDNT say to avoid planes and subways. President Obama is really CUTTING taxes. And many many people are falling for it.
But I guess the Jedi mind trick only works on those who have a weak mind, right?=============================
Well, sometimes they have weak minds...the woman I discussed health insurance with was/is pretty smart...problem is they’re usually sucked into NPR because they sound so smart...when in reality, they’re, “book smart, life stupid”. It’s maddening.
If by “Nothing can we do”, mean you “nothing political”, right you are, young Jedi.
However, plenty can we do otherwise.
Strong, the Empire seems. But in truth, weak it is. The reason the Emperor and his toadies grip the throats of the people so tightly this is. Fearful are they. To fear does their to desire to control lead; their fear, to suffering. For the sake of their power, how they suffer!
And yet blind they are to true power. The power of love. The power of the Force. Against it, the Empire’s clone armies defenseless are. For now, the Emperor uses the Force to cloud men’s minds, to trick and deceive. Weakness is this. Futile is this. Yes, you see it! For most men, a full belly and and empty mind, happiness is. So with the people today it is. But not forever! For even the Emperor cannot from stones bread forever create, as does he now. And when bellies are no longer full, minds will fill again, and turn against him the people will.
Then, our time it is. Then, when the Emperor is squeezed on every side by the anger of his followers, then we take lightsaber in hand and strike the blow! Brittle the Empire is, young Jedi — brittle. When the time comes, shatter it will, like the weak metal it is.
Until then, quiet must we be. Invisible. Subtle are the ways of the Force. As water drop by drop the stone weakens, so must we weaken the stone the Emperor around the neck of the Galaxy is. Plant we must! In the minds of his followers, doubt we must seed, and nurture with patience. And the bonds between ourselves strengthen. Only by this will we survive the Emperor’s fall.
So, calm must you be. Happy. Your family, friends, and the Force, treasure above all. And in the future — believe.
I know what you mean, I have this feeling that the other shoe is about to drop, and I cannot put my finger on any one thing without sounding like my beeber just got stuned...
Here are my suggestions:
1) Pray for the guidance of Divine Providence.
2) Arm and supply yourself well.
3) Buy some gold, not for investment but rather for insurance, though not putting all your eggs in this one basket.
4) Give money to institutions that can make a difference. Right now that is SarahPAC, NRA-ILA and the Goldwater Institute for me. There are other good ones, and more will arise.
5) Prepare your mind. Read de Tocqueville, the Federalist Papers, Up from Serfdom, Free to Choose, Conscience of a Conservative. Subscribe to the Wall Street Journal, IBD, Forbes, NR, Reason, Human Events, Policy Review, Foreign Affairs, the Spectator, the Weekly Standard. Read the liberal journals too, to hone your arguments.
6) Overcome all fear or reticence in making your opinion known. Speak your mind with a smile on your face. Simple truth plainly spoken cannot be overcome. This is especially important when it comes to your children.
7) When 2010 and 2012 roll around, commit yourself to the cause like you’ve never done before. Contact your favored candidate and your local branch of the party, get your marching orders, and follow through. Take your vacation for the two weeks prior to election day, go to some state where the battle is hardest fought, and wade in with sleeves rolled up. It is rewarding and enjoyable.
8) Do not succumb to despair, gloom, defeatism or pessimism. Be the happy warrior. Take Reagan and Palin as your models. Choose to count your blessings and be happy each and every day.
9) Pray for the guidance of Divine Providence.
Nice words and great wisdom.