Skip to comments.NE Iowa couple's computer mystery stumps experts (weird)
Posted on 05/16/2009 12:29:26 PM PDT by xjcsaEdited on 05/16/2009 12:41:19 PM PDT by Admin Moderator. [history]
ASBURY (AP) — Mary LaMour can't understand why her computer works at other people's homes, and outside, but not inside her house.
Neither can a computer technician.
"It's uncanny," said Chuck Freisinger, of Phoenix Computer Services in Dubuque. "My other technician and I looked at that situation. When it's in their house, it doesn't work. When it's outside, it works fine. She took it to a friend's house and it worked fine."
(Excerpt) Read more at wcfcourier.com ...
Not a weird computer story ping!
Is the laptop sensing some bluetooth-enabled device in the house? Is it suddenly coming in range of some other wireless router?
You have now entered the computer free zone! Sorry If you need to use the computer and it is raining outside.
weird... maybe the computer is possessed? Good horror movie idea either way.
“I was asked if I had a plate in my head I said ‘No, do you?’”
****Well, duhh... she needs a tinfoil hat.
All this post 1950 stuff is weird!
Once we let them get by with doing away w/plain old on/off buttons, and that 50-cent 1963 mandatory PCV valve on our cars they knew they had us by the sack!
“A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.” ~John Adams”
“I finally accepted the blue screen and then one morning it went on by itself and the error message read, ‘It’s time we had a little talk.’ “
That’s what I’m thinking - but figure the PC doctor would figure that out. Unless it is something hidden. How about a hidden camera in the bedroom that the former home owner uses to “watch” the new couple?
Earth has a magnetic field. A big one. Magnetic lines of flux enter and exit the planet's crust at many points on the surface. Their house may just reside on one such point.
I wonder if they’ve tried running another computer. That would narrow down whether it was that particular pc or the location that was the problem
The house is on top of one of gaia’s earth grid points. She is p*ssed.
“I was asked if I had a plate in my head I said No, do you?
****Well, duhh... she needs a tinfoil hat.”
Reminds when George Wallace ran for president way back—the msm (called controlled media in those days) reported that George had left the Army Air Corps with a 10% mental disability due to wartime service.
The media immediately reported that he was 10% mental; to which George responded that at least he, unlike the other candidates, was certified 90% sane.
This is the house where the Amityville Horror film was shot in Toms River NJ. Does the couples house in this report have a similar "look or feel"?
There are many ghost stories that originate on the Jersey Shore!
Sounds like an electrical wiring problem to me. One of my friend's neighbors had a similar problem. Their laptop AND desktop computers would work in some parts of the home but not others. Needless to say, after an electrician found and fixed the wiring problem their computers worked just fine anywhere in the home.
It’s simple... the computer needs a tinfoil hat. It’s gotta be electric interference.
I would agree with your idea. It has to be either a magnetic field or microwave interference. Either way it needs to be fixed.
Uhhh.... How would the wireless work then?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.