When the excutive wants to tax, they call it a "fine".
2. The EPA cannot redistribute the wealth of this country the way congress can.
Irrelevant when your company is slapped with a $2MM fine. The effect is the same to you.
3. They have no way of making their political rulings permanent; another administration can overturn those rules.
Little consolation after your company goes bankrupt or you are laid off so your employer can pay the fines.
4. Their rules are subject to more judicial scrutiny; we can sue them.
Hah! The SCOTUS has already handed the EPA this authority. Good luck with that.
Some "checks and balances" we have going on, eh? Now it's "compromise and collaboration".
1. Fines can be appealed. There is also caps.
2. I am sorry about the 2 mil fine, but think about the
20 Bil tax that congress can impose.
3. Sorry again about your business, but you can start
another one when we get someone in office who will
repeal the EPA findings. A lot harder to repeal laws
versus executive orders.
4. We can still sue over substance and process.
Rush just agreed with me on today’s show...Obama thru the EPA is strong arming the congress.