Skip to comments.Teen-on-teen girl fights are the latest fad to sweep the net
Posted on 02/02/2010 6:24:39 PM PST by jerry557
NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. (CBS) ― Two teenage girls went at it. Two adults allegedly watched and another minor videotaped the whole thing in Louisiana.
The fight popped up on YouTube more than a week ago. Days later, in Lowell, Mass., local authorities discovered similar videos online and said local educators report about 80 percent of school fights are now girl against girl.
Some experts believe the trend is partly fueled by the Internet.
CBS 2 HD met with members of the cyber safety group "Teenangels" at The Ursuline School in New Rochelle.
"People want attention from it. They want to be on the Internet. They want to be famous and they're willing to go to any cost to do that," said Teenangel Angelina.
We plugged in "girl fight" on YouTube and 267,000 videos popped up. Under them you'll find pages of comments from viewers all over the world.
"That it's funny, laugh out loud, ha ha ha, wow, that guy's just laughing," Angelina read.
"It's really important that parents become informed even parents of younger children need to know this because it's becoming such a widespread phenomenon that parents really need to protect their children, learn about it how can they prevent it," said Teenangel Maggie.
(Excerpt) Read more at wcbstv.com ...
White, Black and “Latino” trash.
During my time as a Mall Ninja, we saw several of these. The worst involved about a dozen 10-12 year olds, believe it or not.
Absolutely sick. I don’t care if everyone participated freely—this is yet another sign of our society’s moral corruption. Our culture is swirling down the toilet.
This is phenomenon? I think its kids that aren’t raised right and don’t know how to keep their hands to themselves.
The searched for “girl fight” and got more Than 267,000 hits on YouTube.
Welcome to the feminist "enlightened world"
Isn't it grand?
The public schools have a zero tolerance for drugs. You’ll be expelled for having an aspirin on your person. Yet these attacks go on in every school in America and the schools do nothing. Maybe the kids who are being attacked should drop a bottle of aspirin in the backpacks of the bullies and turn them in.
“Hope” and “Change” must not be working out.
More of that all important public school socialization.
I thought the surprising stat was that 80% of school fights these days are girl-on-girl.
That’s pretty significant. So much for the stereotype of boys being more violent than girls.
However, just because 80 percent of the incidents involve females, does not mean that men are not more violent in the remaining 20%. We would probably prefer to eliminate that 20% , rather then the female 80%, if we ever had a choice.
Public school and feminist interests will quickly censor many videos and flood YouTube with fakes, if they haven’t already started.
In the early 70’s, in my Detroit junior high school, 95% of the fights were between girls.
Truly vicious creatures.
In a guys fight, back then, there was a fat lip or bloody nose, and that was it.
There was one girl who everyone was afraid of. I met her out in the berry fields. She would beat up the boys and throw them off the bus. I was never so glad to see a summer end until she showed up as the new girl in my math class that school year. At my 30 year reunion I met up with the girls whose hair was chopped off in the girls bathroom and they had fire works thrown at them that ended up burning their necks.
When guys fight, they end up best friends.
When girls fight, the fight never ends.
This is new? I’ve seen girl fights since I got a computer. This reporter probably lives in an elitist enclave and has very little contact with the outside world. Typical.
Boys/guys know they will be going to jail if they get in a fight. Girls/women will generally get broken up and maybe suspended from school. See the same thing at concerts as well
If I got involved at my age then either option would land me in jail for a long, long time.
This activity was glamorized and popularized by the rap song “Girl Fight” three years ago. The pop culture/media contributing to the continuing degradation of culture:
It's hilarious stuff, good for hours of entertainment!
Soebody ought to put together a compilation of the best scenes.
Correction: Every PUBLIC school...
Thats pretty significant. So much for the stereotype of boys being more violent than girls.
So much for the stereotype that assault is because someone is a persecuted class protected by "hate crimes" legislation. Jocks, nerds, brains, fat kids, and those with glasses are all "safe" targets in today's (and yesterday's) schools.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.