Skip to comments.CNNís Parker Spitzer debut draws only 460,000 viewers
Posted on 10/05/2010 10:52:59 PM PDT by Justaham
CNN's new show Parker Spitzer, which made its debut Monday night, attracted only 454,000 viewers, a decline from the show it replaced, The New York Times reported Tuesday.
The show netted 118,000 viewers in the 25-54 age demographic coveted by advertisers.
The program features former New York Democratic Governor Eliot Spitzer -- who resigned in disgrace in 2008 after a prostitute scandal -- and Kathleen Parker, a conservative columnist, in a dual anchor format. It lagged well behind 8pm ET rivals The OReilly Factor on Fox News Channel and Countdown with Keith Olbermann on MSNBC.
Those two shows drew audiences of 3.1 million and 1.1 million viewers respectively.
Parker Spitzers 454, 000 viewers even trailed Nancy Grace on CNNs Headline News channel, which drew 468,000 viewers.
Olbermann gleefully tweeted the news to his followers Tuesday.
Ratings in for debut of Parker-Spitzer last night. 460,000 total viewers (Countdown 1,122,000; FNC 3,113,000) "Demo" was 118k (us 329k), he tweeted.
Parker Spitzer replaced Ricks List, which, according to the Times, had been averaging approximately 491,000 viewers. The host of Ricks List, Rick Sanchez, was fired by CNN last week following comments he made in a radio interview in which he called late-night funnyman Jon Stewart a bigot and said Jewish people were not an oppressed minority, telling the radio host that they were in charge of most media outlets.
(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...
CNN = client number nine...
I wonder who were the 460,000 idiots who watched that garbage. I’d rather watch paint dry, or watch a dog take a crap, that is more entertaining then seeing some hooker junkie and lefty wing whack job spew their nonsense
Why is Olbermann happy with the numbers? The ratio of BOR to his show is higher than the ratio of his to Parker-Spitzer. It means, relatively speaking, the new show is doing better than his.
Sick, twisted, democrats, but I am being redundant.
Better ratings than I would have thought for these clowns. They must thing that Parker is a Conservative (their idea) but to most of us, she is just another RINO with leftist leanings... The hooker fellow - don’t get me started... If CNN thinks that they can bamboozle the public this easily, they are going to be sadly mistaken.
I think thats an impressive number, they got 3000 other people who have not prostituted for Spitzer to watch.
Two days in a row, they brought in obnoxious, condescending leftists as guests
Hey, it’s CNN!
The ratings would be better if they brought-on the prostitutes!
My five suggestions on how to improve ratings:
1. Let Parker & Spitzer do the show in spandex suits each day, just to be different from the Fox News folks.
2. Allow a 10-minute update on national wrestling news. Bring Hulk Hogan on once a month to update the nation at large.
3. Toss a Grizzly bear into the studio once a week without warning either Parker or Spitzer.
4. Add Larry King to the duo.
5. Announce a million dollar giveaway each day with a special number that will float by the screen...just to keep folks watching & hoping.
491K viewers? That has to be a disaster for CNN, considering how much they hyped up this show.
I caught 5 minutes last night. I was thinking if I was next to these obnoxious people on a subway I would change cars. (Nails on a chalk board.)
It would have drawn more viewers if he’d have offered her $9,000.00 an hour.
Even those numbers were pumped up by the ‘curiosity factor’...I’d be willing to bet you will see a decline when ratings numbers are posted later this morning.
I watched for around 15 minutes yesterday. Here are some of my observations.
1. The first thing I immediately noticed is that they have them sitting at this awkwardly small table very close together and it got worse when they brought the guest in. They were all squeezed together. Why??
2. Parker is prettier on TV than she looks in pictures I’ve seen of her. But she’s still a RINO.
3. When reading their intro’s it was total amatuer hour. Spitzer was obviously staring at cue cards and even stumbled through the lines. Looks like something you would see from a highschool putting on a news show with the highschool kids.
4. During the round table discussion, they had a part where the guests were asked to fill in the rest about a candidate and it started off something like “if I could tell a candidate something”. I can’t remember exactly what it was. One guest of course ripped into O’Donnel and another one ripped into Whitman. I was thinking the whole time of completing the sentence with something like I would make sure I wasn’t a john on a prostitutes hooker list. How can a disgraced politician have the cajones to lead a discussion about other politicians much smaller foibles?
I do not and will not believe this... the show was a failure... everyone knows it.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.