I have more for you in a moment. But I am on 4 and it is slick IMHO.
I will do anything to stay away from anything Google given their relationship with "The One". No Crome, no-GMail, but I still looking for a better search engine, maybe Screwgle (spelled correct?) just to piss Google off.
* BetterPrivacy ( a must, "LSO's" are bad)
* Cooliris ( ah so so...)
* FasterFox Lite ( makes it faster)
* Ghostery (a must, stop them tracking for marketing purposes)
* NoScript (again like Ghostery, a must )
* PDF dowload (neat)
* Startup.Service 0.2 ( opens Firefox Faster)
* Vacuum Places ( cleans up sqlite files, increase speed )
* Tweak Network (maybe redundant w/ FasterFox, but try it...)
* Morning Coffee ( for your regular surfs, I have it off @ the moment, it's ok...)
Agree about NoScript and Ghostery as a must. I’ll have to try some of the others you mention. Thanks.
>I will do anything to stay away from anything Google given their relationship with “The One”. No Crome, no-GMail, but I still looking for a better search engine, maybe Screwgle (spelled correct?) just to piss Google off.<
I have the same reasons too. Google’s CEO Schmidt works closely with obama, plus I have never heard of an “email” that asks you for your PHONE NUMBER as confirmation to use the e-mail. Craigslist, Paypal, Ebay..sure, they are financial but an FN e-mail?? Yeah, I use Scroogle from time to time and Bing does it better sometimes with searches.
I think startup.service is “start faster” now but doesn’t work with XP or Linux. Sigh.
Will try Vacuum.Places. I have done that manually before.