Skip to comments.'Birther Queen' Makes Fool of CNN Host
Posted on 04/15/2011 7:33:00 PM PDT by Mozilla
In a Friday appearance on CNNs John King USA, Birther queen Orly Taitz rolled over the eponymous host, and beleaguered guest Cornell Belcher, like that boulder in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Taitz emptied clip after clip of false and unsubstantiated claims at a helpless John King, but just when all seemed lost, King fought back with his own daisy-cutter of crazy, suggesting that President Obama has been rebutting Birthers in code.
At about the 9:30 mark, King unspools his own theory, saying This is the cynic in me, Cornel Belcher, the White House says they dont worry about this, but every now and then, you start to hear things where I think that somebody, quietly, is trying to at least use a subtle message to rebut this.
He then plays several clips of the President saying things like Were all Americans, or otherwise referring to Americans with the first-person plural pronouns we and us.
There are probably many who wonder why CNN would choose to give twelve minutes of airtime to the widely discredited Orly Taitz. While most of Taitzs wild claims have been disposed of here and elsewhere, Donald Trump has certainly proven that Birthers are good for business, media-wise.
It also seems as though John King thinks he is going to be the one to spring that one special logic trap thats going to make Taitz & Co. spring up from their pews, cleansed of the demons, the Holy Spirit of sanity in their feet. Taitz comically disposes of that notion in a Kenyan minute, and leaves King huddled at her feet, covered in Birther pea soup. Belcher tries valiantly to cut in, but is met only with Taitzs Dueling Birther Banjo.
(Excerpt) Read more at nation.foxnews.com ...
John King should have been wearing a blue dress during that segment.
I didn’t bother to read the rest of the article. Did the rest of it have anything of value, in contrast to the superior, ignorant bliss oozing from every word in the excerpt?
These people who drip condescension while refusing to check out any facts for themselves make me sick to my stomach. I do better to just ignore them.
What a snarky editorial.
Most of the comments are silly, too. But I enjoyed one of them:
“President Obama has been successful, its just in code.”
II feel an overwhelming, urgent need to know what the word eponymous means.......not!
I’ve never seen or heard of him before. What an idiot! They were certainly both afraid to hear about the SSN fraud.
Kleenex .... Xerox << I don't believe these are properly called "eponyms" because they do not derive from the name of a person.
It's kind of an ephemeral word in its way.
I don't think Orly Taitz ever comes across really well, but she holds up actual papers, she cites actual laws, she makes statements which can be proven, she points out statements from others which have never been proven. She's logical, she's factual. She lines it up and shoots it down.
And, again, the counter-arguments are "That's crazy" and "That's racist".
My God. They have nothing. No defense at all.
“Fox Nation” liberalism. “Fox News Latino” shills for La Raza. Boy, the FoxNews brand is turning to shit. I watch Greta sometimes, Stossel when he’s on, and nothing else.
the black dude went off the chain mad when orly mentioned the SS#
They certainly like to “talk over” Taitz when she brought up evidence that made them nervous.
But, then, progressives and racists usually DO use VOLUME to counteract facts when they are presented....they have nothing else.
Has anyone else noticed that the people that call into talk radio with the most angst about Little Stevie Dunham are people who escaped to America from countries that are communist or socialist?
They put lazy Americans to shame...they KNOW the freedom of America. THEY are Little Stevie Dunham’s biggest threat. Because they see the threat from this fraud.
I hope they keep talking and complaining.
watching it was painful
obviously, they didn’t want her to say anything. they also played on her heavy accent to trip her up as best they could (also note they framed her so she was low/small in the frame)
they also keep saying the 0bama campaign put up a hawaii’n ‘certificate of live birth.’ this is incorrect. it’s a *certification*, not a certificate. the difference between the two forms is stark
her point of the ssno is 100% accurate. and it’s a lot worse then she was able to blurt out. there were numerous ssno’s he used. this would be enough for impeachment (at least a misdemeanor). no one cares.
her point that mccain, a white candidate, was put through far more scrutiny was not allowed to be presented. she was immediately interrupted and steered.
the point of the black polling guy? just to inject race into the conversation? what does race have to do with checking a document? he had no facts. no documents. has done no research.
beyond all this... and potentially getting lost in it... is the FACT that 0bama cannot be a natural born citizen. not possible.
why? for the same reason i am not.
yes, i was born in MA. i have an actual birth certificate. but i’m not natural born.
my mom was a british citizen at the time of my birth. this made me an America citizen AND british by descent... therefore i cannot be a natural born American citizen
Well said....well presented.
I havent watched fox in a long time, but I do enjoy Fox Business - they have developed a nice libertarian leaning line up.
As in "Obamanomics = It's the Eponomy, Stupid!"
Hilarious point in the video. As soon as she flashed the documents with 0bama's Conn. SS# he went apes#!+. He started ranting about John McCain(?) and hit the panic button that the Libs always hit. The Race Card.
Please. You're definitely hiding something if after 2 years of running this hoax the best response you have is "This wouldn't be an issue if 0bama was white".
Still, this issue about the SS# is relatively low key to the average American Idol viewer. I can't wait until The Donald flashes the same registration form with the fraudulent SS# and this issue then becomes the latest headache for the Regime.
“Taitz emptied clip after clip of false and unsubstantiated claims at a helpless John King”
Did Glenn Beck write this. I stopped reading right there.
11 percent of DEMOCRATS believe Obama was not born in the U.S.
John King was about to say, “Show the birth certificate!” He says, “Is there anything Obama can do to diffuse this/end this...?” Obviously show the BC.
Just like Matthews said. Just show it!
Even Dems are waking up that Obama is hiding it for a reason.
It must be getting very cramped in that padded phone booth with John King, Bag O’ Rocks O’Reilly and Keith Overbite trying to breath similtaneously. Tokyo Rove, Charles Sourkrauthammer and Dana Perugino are desperately trying to squeeze their way in!
I think it is an egg-laying mammal.
Ms. Taitz was born in the Soviet Union. When it was the the totalitarian Soviet Union. She has lived in and escaped a totalitarian regime that did every it could to lie to their people and control every aspect of their lives.
Most of us would never understand what it means to actually live such a government controlled world. She does. And it seems she is not afraid to fight to keep the United States from falling into the same type of controlling, government dominated society where lies are told the people day after day.
She is more of an American hero than anyone currently in the administration.
On the video, Orly rebutted the fiction very well and towards the end of interview she brought up the CT social security number.
Most coherent interview I have seen Orly give.
She did very well!!!!
Having been born in a communist country and then now being an American citizen she won’t fall for a second any of the false promises, lies, deception, smoke and mirrors when socialism tries to take root here.
Something that many people shrug off.
For ANY person reading this forum, this thread you should consider what I just said.
This whole country right now is all about the complete control of the American people by taking advantage of their gullibility to search out for an ideology, for a person to worship.
Orly Taitz was attacked from every angle possible, as was Sarah Palin, the Obamawar is NOT over with.
As I have said a hundred times before, people like Orly Taitz will become the heroes, because everybody else was too wrapped up in Ipadworld and could not be bothered with a Communist invasion of America.
Now would be a strategic time for concerned folks to conider replacing the slogan
“OBAMA IS NOT A NATURAL BORN CITIZEN”
“OBAMA IS AN IDENTITY THIEF”
Synthetic Identity Fraud
if someone uses your Social Security number on a credit application, you might not find out about it. Not even if you checked your credit report. Why? You could be a victim of synthetic identity fraud — a rapidly growing type of ID fraud. Thieves literally create new identities either by combining real and fake identifying information to establish new accounts with fictional identities or create the new identity from totally fake information.
In typical synthetic fraud, a fraudster uses a real Social Security number and combines it with a name other than the one associated with that number. The combination often doesn’t hit the consumer’s credit report, says Chris Jay Hoofnagle, senior staff attorney to the Samuelson Law, Technology and Public Policy Clinic and senior fellow with the Berkeley Center for Law and Technology at the University of California.
Synthetic fraud is quickly becoming the more common type of identity fraud, surpassing “true-name” identity fraud, which corresponds to actual consumers. In 2005, ID Analytics reported that synthetic identity fraud accounted for 74 percent of the total dollars lost by U.S. businesses to ID fraud and 88 percent of all identity fraud “events” — for example, new account openings and address changes.
What Is It?
As a definition - Synthetic Identity Theft is a type of ID fraud in which thieves literally create new identities either by combining real and fake identifying information to establish new accounts with fictional identities or create the new identity from totally fake information. In typical synthetic fraud, a fraudster uses a real Social Security number and combines it with a name other than the one associated with that number. The combination often doesn’t hit the consumer’s credit report.
While there are no reliable figures documenting losses from synthetic identity theft, some experts estimate that “synthetic schemes constitute at least 20% of credit charge-offs and 80% of losses from credit-card fraud.”
Victim surveys do not capture synthetic identity theft, a critical piece of the overall crime of identity theft. Synthetic identity theft is elusive because the individuals whose information was used may never become aware of the crime, and thus do not convey a victims story to a polling organization. Individuals whose data were used to create the synthetic identity rarely, if ever, report the crime to law enforcement agencies because “the combination of the name, address and Social Security number do[es] not correspond to one particular consumer.” As a result, the fraud often goes undetected. Financial institutions are also unlikely to report the theft. As the consumer reporting agency Experian explains, “no victim steps forward to claim fraud,” so the “accounts are charged-off as a credit loss before the institution is aware of the problem.”
11.7% of successfully opened fraudulent account applications were opened using a real person’s identity. The remaining 88.3% of the successfully opened fraudulent account applications appeared to be opened using a synthetic identity. Synthetic identity fraud also represented the majority of dollar losses: 73.8% of dollar losses were due to synthetic identity fraud, compared to 26.2% for true-name identity theft.
Social Security Fraud and Identity Theft
Stolen Social Security Numbers
By Jake Stroup, About.com Guide
Most people seem to think identity theft is a government issue, that our elected officials need to make some laws to stop identity theft.
The good news is, they already have. A series of data security regulations have been put in place to help protect our private information. Laws like FACTA and HIPAA have created fines for companies that let our identities slip into criminal hands. A big area of concern is stolen social security numbers, used for social security identity theft (usually just called Social Security Fraud.)
The odds of going to jail for identity theft are 1-in-1,000. Laws have been put in place to punish identity thieves. But the arrest rate is low just one-in-twenty reported cases. The conviction rate is even lower, one-in-fifty.
In fact, looking over the past decade, the government seems to be encouraging identity theft among illegal immigrants. A major factor in identity theft (and the US economy in general) is illegal immigration. Nobody wants to talk about it, because of the political aspects.
Everyone knows you must give your employer a social security number to work in the United States. There are also laws requiring companies to verify that information, but an employee can work while the company waits for the response, even if they are using a stolen social security number.
Various law enforcement agencies have used the Identity Theft and Assumption Deterrence Act to fight illegal aliens using stolen social security numbers. That was a good start, and helped slow down identity theft between 2005 and 2008. But that changed in the spring of 2009.
The US Supreme Court ruled that an illegal immigrant has not committed a crime unless s/he knew the stolen social security number they used belonged to a US citizen. In other words, saying I didnt know. can be a defense if you work in the US illegally. After this ruling, hundreds of previous convictions were appealed, and social security fraud is suddenly back on the rise.
None of the agencies involved are trying to tackle the problem because they all benefit from it, as does corporate America. Heres an example:
* The Social Security Administration (SSA) collects money from all workers, including identity thieves.
* If a name and number reported doesnt match the name the SSA has on file, the money goes into an Earnings Suspense File. That fund held nearly $500 billion in 2006.
* The SSA will only pay benefits to one individual.
From that perspective, there is no reason to tell anyone they have a stolen social security number. In fact, its against the Internal Revenue code for the SSA to notify you that someone else is using your number.
TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 47 > § 1028A
Prev | Next
§ 1028A. Aggravated identity theft
(1) In general. Whoever, during and in relation to any felony violation enumerated in subsection (c), knowingly transfers, possesses, or uses, without lawful authority, a means of identification of another person shall, in addition to the punishment provided for such felony, be sentenced to a term of imprisonment of 2 years.
(2) Terrorism offense. Whoever, during and in relation to any felony violation enumerated in section 2332b (g)(5)(B), knowingly transfers, possesses, or uses, without lawful authority, a means of identification of another person or a false identification document shall, in addition to the punishment provided for such felony, be sentenced to a term of imprisonment of 5 years.
(b) Consecutive Sentence. Notwithstanding any other provision of law
(1) a court shall not place on probation any person convicted of a violation of this section;
(2) except as provided in paragraph (4), no term of imprisonment imposed on a person under this section shall run concurrently with any other term of imprisonment imposed on the person under any other provision of law, including any term of imprisonment imposed for the felony during which the means of identification was transferred, possessed, or used;
(3) in determining any term of imprisonment to be imposed for the felony during which the means of identification was transferred, possessed, or used, a court shall not in any way reduce the term to be imposed for such crime so as to compensate for, or otherwise take into account, any separate term of imprisonment imposed or to be imposed for a violation of this section; and
(4) a term of imprisonment imposed on a person for a violation of this section may, in the discretion of the court, run concurrently, in whole or in part, only with another term of imprisonment that is imposed by the court at the same time on that person for an additional violation of this section, provided that such discretion shall be exercised in accordance with any applicable guidelines and policy statements issued by the Sentencing Commission pursuant to section 994 of title 28.
(c) Definition. For purposes of this section, the term felony violation enumerated in subsection (c) means any offense that is a felony violation of
(1) section 641 (relating to theft of public money, property, or rewards ), section 656 (relating to theft, embezzlement, or misapplication by bank officer or employee), or section 664 (relating to theft from employee benefit plans);
(2) section 911 (relating to false personation of citizenship);
(3) section 922 (a)(6) (relating to false statements in connection with the acquisition of a firearm);
(4) any provision contained in this chapter (relating to fraud and false statements), other than this section or section 1028 (a)(7);
(5) any provision contained in chapter 63 (relating to mail, bank, and wire fraud);
(6) any provision contained in chapter 69 (relating to nationality and citizenship);
(7) any provision contained in chapter 75 (relating to passports and visas);
(8) section 523 of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (15 U.S.C. 6823) (relating to obtaining customer information by false pretenses);
(9) section 243 or 266 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1253 and 1306) (relating to willfully failing to leave the United States after deportation and creating a counterfeit alien registration card);
(10) any provision contained in chapter 8 of title II of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1321 et seq.) (relating to various immigration offenses); or
(11) section 208, 811, 1107(b), 1128B(a), or 1632 of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 408, 1011, 1307 (b), 1320a7b (a), and 1383a) (relating to false statements relating to programs under the Act).
Have a snacker
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.