Skip to comments.Walter E Williams predicts an OBAMA win in 2012, and here is why: BOGUS! SEE LINK
Posted on 04/24/2011 3:07:21 PM PDT by The Magical Mischief TourEdited on 04/24/2011 5:26:52 PM PDT by Admin Moderator. [history]
MOD NOTE: WALTER E. WILLIAMS DID NOT WRITE THIS!!
Walter E. Williams, (born 1936 in Philadelphia , Pennsylvania ) is a conservative American economist, commentator, and academic. He is the John M Olin Distinguished Professor of Economics at George Mason University , as well as a syndicated columnist and author.
Can President Obama be defeated in 2012? No. He can't.
I am going on record as saying that President Barak Obama will win a second term. The media won't tell you this because a good election campaign means hundreds of millions (or in Obama's case billions) of dollars to them in advertising. But the truth is, there simply are no conditions under which Barak Obama can be defeated in 2012.
The quality of the Republican candidate doesn't matter. Obama gets reelected.
Nine percent unemployment? No problem. Obama will win.
Gas prices moving toward five dollars a gallon? He still wins.
The economy soars or goes into the gutter. Obama wins.
War in the Middle East ? He wins a second term.
America's role as the leading Superpower disappears? Hurrah for Barak Obama!
The U.S. government rushes toward bankruptcy, the dollar continues to sink on world markets and the price of daily goods and services soars due to inflation fueled by Obama's extraordinary deficit spending? Obama wins handily.
You are crazy Williams. Don't you understand how volatile politics can be when overall economic, government, and world conditions are declining? Sure I do. And that's why I know Obama will win.
The American people are notoriously ignorant of economics. And economics is the key to why Obama should be defeated. Even when Obama's policies lead the nation to final ruin, the majority of the American people are going to believe the bait-and-switch tactics Obama and his supporters in the media will use to explain why it isn't his fault. After all, things were much worse than understood when he took office.
Obama's reelection is really a very, very simple math problem. Consider the following:
1) Blacks will vote for Obama blindly. Period. Doesn't matter what he does. It's a race thing.
2) College educated women will vote for Obama. Though they will be offended by this, they swoon at his oratory. It's really not more complex than that,
3) Liberals will vote for Obama. He is their great hope,
4) Democrats will vote for Obama. He is the leader of their party and his coattails will carry them to victory nationwide,
5) Hispanics will vote for Obama. He is the path to citizenship for those who are illegal and Hispanic leaders recognize the political clout they carry in the Democratic Party,
6) Union members will vote overwhelmingly for Obama. He is their key to money and power in business, state and local politics,
7) Big Business will support Obama. They already have. He has almost $1 Billion dollars in his reelection purse gained largely from his connections with Big Business and is gaining more everyday. Big Business loves Obama because he gives them access to taxpayer money so long as they support his social and political agenda,
8) The media love him. They may attack the people who work for him, but they love him. After all... to not love him would be racist,
9) Most other minorities and special interest groups will vote for him. Oddly, the overwhelming majority of Jews and Muslims will support him because they won't vote Republican. American Indians will support him. Obviously homosexuals tend to vote Democratic. And lastly,
10) Approximately half of independents will vote for Obama. And he doesn't need anywhere near that number because he has all of the groups previously mentioned. The President will win an overwhelming victory in 2012.
GOD HELP US!
-- Dr. Walter E. Williams, George Mason University
There’s no link, because the article is a fake.
I hope he’s wrong, but I fear he’s right. He usually is.
That is just about the dumbest post I have ever seen on Free Republic. EVER!
Where is the link? It is hard to believe that Williams (of Limbaugh’s guess host) wrote this.
Please demonstrate that Walter Williams wrote this, or risk having the article removed. Thanks in advance.
Panic starting to set in as Republicans realize that they have nothing to run on other than Obama was not born here and they are not Obama. The stupid party continues to outdo itself.
He can’t demonstrate it, because Williams didn’t write it. It’s a fake from weeks ago. Yet, he posts it here with no link.
I had a link with an apology from Moveon. org saying they had posted it in erro; we went through the same thing last week, the apology is dated April 6.
You have know idea who Walter E Williams is do you, if you did you would know he is a conservative.
Under the current circumstances, his opinion is less than worthless.
This was not written by Walter E. Williams but you couldn't wait to jump on him. That is pitiful.
Oh, thanks. But who wrote it?
“Absent a STRONG GOP nominee Osama will win handily in 2012.
And right now we have no strong GOP candidates.”
Exactly. God help us all.
He's black. The rest of your description needs work.
Holy Moley, the great Dr Williams has put into words what I have been saying since 2009.
Phony or not. I care not who wrote it. It speaks the truth.
Without a strong R candidate, we are toast.
But the he didn’t say it. This is fake.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.