Skip to comments.Progressives target the constitution (Time shreds it, CNN shrugs it off)
Posted on 06/24/2011 8:49:11 AM PDT by Halfmanhalfamazing
This is how the progressives do it. Plant some seeds, then before you know it these kinds of ideas will be all over the media.
Time magazine cover features shredded U.S. Constitution, asks if it still matters
This Exists: Iceland Rewrites Their Constitution Using Suggestions Through Twitter
This second link has me more troubled than the first. The things that Fareed Zakaria are saying could practically be lifted right out of the pages of The Road to Serfdom.
I don't think it's possible to state just how much danger we are in. These progressives are out for blood.
History is very clear about what central planners do to people like us who have these kinds of thoughts.
The progressives know what’s going to happen to them come election day next year.
They know if they’re going to take our freedoms, they need to do it soon.
We are all in extraordinary danger.
And as usual, it’s their media mouthpieces which are softening the ground.
29) Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30) Discredit the American founding fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man”.
You’re referring to the communist goals of 1963, right?
Yes I am.
20) Infiltrate the press. Get control of book review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.
21) Gain control of key positions in radio, TV & motion pictures.
People,,, stories like this do not suddenly appear in the news by coincidence. Especially when written by the Boy Presidents MAIN advisor.
This is the pre-invasion bombardment. First we get stories about Iceland having a facebook and twitter con/con and scrapping an old constitution.
Then we are told that we live in an era that the founders coundn’t possibly imagine,, and that we know better.
Then they keep up this drumbeat until the right crisis hits. Then they launch a con/con here.
Their goal is nothing less that the final destruction of the constitution so they no longer need to even pay lip service to it.
This is not idle talk, they FULLY intend to do this,,it is the ultimate goal of an Obama second term.
Yeah. What I think makes the 1963 list is how similar it is to the progressive list:
1. A strong, centralized government.
2. An executive arm growing at the expense of the legislative and judicial arms.
3. The control of banking, credit and security exchanges by the government.
4. The underwriting of employment by the government, either through armaments or public works.
5. The underwriting of social security by the government old-age pensions, mothers pensions, unemployment insurance, and the like.
6. The underwriting of food, housing, and medical care, by the government.
7. The use of deficit spending to finance these underwritings.
8. The abandonment of gold in favor of managed currencies.
9. The control of foreign trade by the government.
10. The control of natural resources.
11. The control of energy sources.
12. The control of transportation.
13. The control of agricultural production.
14. The control of labor organizations.
15. The enlistment of young men and women in youth corps devoted to health, discipline,community service and ideologies consistent with those of the authorities.
16. Heavy taxation, with special emphasis on the estates and incomes of the rich.
17. Control of industry without ownership.
18. State control of communications and propaganda.
Straight up National Socialism.
—————People,,, stories like this do not suddenly appear in the news by coincidence.——————
Exactly my thoughts on the matter.
They are softening the ground.
They think they have us; and are ready to go for the juggular.
As you rightfully state, if Obama gets a second term that’s it. Game over. We won’t be citizens. We will be subjects. By the time he’s done.
Obama has come to complete what Woodrow Wilson started.
Glenn Beck posits the question: Can Man Rule Himself?
If the left think that Man cannot rule himself, then how can they endorse Men ruling over other men?
This seems to be a paradox on the left.
If Man is not qualified to rule himself then isnt man also equally unqualified to rule over others, be those men Kings, Dictators, or even Saints?
All the apparatus of government consists of men, but if the left is correct in their assertion that man cannot rule himself then should their goal be to minimize the sins of men ruling over other men?
Yes,, They have grown weary of having to measure all their progressive agenda against the founders constitutional intent. They intend to free themselves from it.
I think it is legitimate to say that an effort to scrap the constitution should be met head on with violence. NO excuses for saying “we are building a new one” and “you can send suggestions on facebook”.
It will be 100% time to defend the original with all required force. Be ready people. HAve a 5.56 rifle,,, you might not like it, but that is the round we will all need to use.
And I don’t think it’s even slightly nuts to call for violence in response to a move to scrap the US Constitution.
It’s exactly the same as saying if armed Pakistani soldiers are patrolling my city and setting up roadblocks,,,i intend to shoot at them. It is our right and duty. I will not leave my kids the legacy of the Constitution Obama and Fareed would create,,,,Period.
Those 1963 list of Communist objectives is freaking scary. However, it seems that #12, “Resist Any Attempt to Outlaw the Communist Party” might be a good place to start an attack. A tricky one, given the broad power of freedom of speech, but Mccarthy made a good go of this in the 1950s.
They had best be careful what they wish for... Sometimes the things you wish for and get do not turn out as you expect.....
Years ago on an episode of Judge Judy there was a case of a woman trying to get her doctor bills paid by her ex husband.
Turns out that the woman had been following her ex around on his delivery route harassing him. She pulled a knife on him and he administered a righteous beat down with a credit card machine.
The ex husband was tried and found innocent of attempted murder in a criminal trial. Judge Judy told the woman, “Next time you go looking for trouble, you just might want to give some thought to what happens when you find it”
She ruled in favor of the ex husband.
if they don’t like the Constitution...
then why am i paying taxes? last i checked, amendment 16 is the ONLY reason i cough up 50% of what i make
toss it out and all their treasured social programs would vanish (and should)
In spite of the efforts of the Ruling Class, many millions of Americans still consider the defense of our Constitution to be a matter of duty, such that an attack on the integrity of that document is an attack on our freedom. Wars have begun over such matters, and those who today promote the casual evisceration of the Constitution would be well advised to consider our willingness and ability to defend it - at all costs.
I'll be expatriated.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.