Skip to comments.St. Charles woman uses heroin in bathroom while her children play at restaurant (Big Mac Land)
Posted on 07/28/2011 7:37:36 AM PDT by mmanager
(KMOV) -- A St. Charles County woman was arrested at a McDonald's on Highway 94 after leaving her children, ages 4 and 2, in a play area while she took heroin in the bathroom on Tuesday.
According to police, Kelli Horton, 36, was charged with a possession of a controlled substance and unlawful use of drug paraphernalia.
St. Charles County Sheriff's Department said Horton took her children to buy heroin in St. Louis, then drove to the McDonald's.
Police said Horton left her children in a play area while she ingested two capsules of heroin in the bathroom.
Police were notified after Horton came out of the bathroom appearing to be delusional and unsteady on her feet.
Horton had several used heroin capsules, two syringes and two spoons with suspected heroin residue.
The children were taken into protective custody. Prosecutors could consider adding other charges
I wonder why?
Well, at least she didn’t shoot up in front of the kids...
...because THAT would set a bad example.
Mickey D’s needs to rethink its marketing direction.
That should be one vote the Fraud won’t get.
She should try the MacDonalds in SF. Heroin is ok but those dangerous Happy Meals for the kids have been outlawed.
It's a win/win.
“... she didn’t shoot up in front of the kids... that would set a bad example”.
Actually, many would ignore the “heroin” side of the story and simply focus on what kind of Mother would allow her children to eat all that saturated fat?!!!
How disgusting! What a horrible mother! Feeding her children MCDONALDS! Doesn’t she know there is an “epidemic of childhood obesity”! In sixty or seventy years they will both probably have heart disease and diabetes. /Liberal Nanny Stater Mode Off
She ate it?
Your right, that is odd- ingested with the help of “two syringes”. Must have been an inexperienced and inept heroin user- maybe the feds can issue instructions with clean needles as a public service.
McDonald’s corp. should be sued because they provided the public bathroom in which the “mother” took the heroin.
I’m sure this not the first occurance of someone being harmed by a McDonald’ restroom - in fact, I bet there have been hundreds of such cases previously brought to McDonald’s corp. attention and yet, they still irresponsibly continue to provide unsafe restrooms. (I am being sarcastic - and, any similarity of my lawsuit idea to a certain “hot coffee” story is purely intentional).
I’m guessing that the “journalist” doesn’t know what “ingested” means.
Maybe the “journalist” thought that “injected” is spelled “ingected” and the editor corrected it to “ingested.”
The woman in the picture looks like she’s in her 60s. Heroin....the fountain of youth.
Could be - I hadn’t thought of that.
And yet someone had unprotected sex with her at least twice in the fairly recent past.
My money says each kid has a diffeent father.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.