Skip to comments.Hello new here. (Vanity)
Posted on 08/17/2011 6:28:53 AM PDT by BUGSWOL
I've just been here a few days but I want to tell you I love this site. It is the best source of news, analysis, and intelligent discussion that I've found on the net.
I do have one question. Why do we allow the Liberals to get away with using the term "Progressive". I just saw this come up on a thread and I figured I'd be hijacking a perfectly good thread to get an answer or I'd get no answers at all. Anyway the liberals love to call themselves "Progressives", why doesn't anyone ever ask what they are trying to progress toward?
Just a little pet peeve of mine.
That’s just what liberals do. We know what they mean.
Hmm, I think I always figured that to anyone with any sense, progressive is already a bad word.
The words are now interchangeable and everybody knows it.
Apparently they’re trying to progress toward human extinction.
Boy, are you in the wrong place!.....................
It was the Communist plan in 1934. It is 0bamas Communist plan today.
Welcome to the fold. It took me 5 years before I posted my first vanity here, but it looks like you’re ahead of the curve.
Progressives are allowed to be called progressives because the Pubbies don’t want to call them out as liars. The word “Communist” is anathema to DC and evokes a sense of fright from the Red Scare era of this country’s history.
However, if another McCarthy doesn’t step up and start calling out these “Progressives,” we’re going to see this country slip into the ocean of socialism.
Incidentally, was McCarthy a Conservative? My history textbooks always painted him as a scare monger, so I have to assume he was a Republican.
Back in the 40’s, when Communism was starting to get a foothold outside of Russia, the Communist Party suggested a number of different terms that their worldwide brothers could use to ‘hide’ their identity, but allow others of their same persuasion to identify ‘friends’. Progressives was one of those terms..........................
1963 Communist Goals
The communist goals were entered into the Congressional record by Albert Herlong, Jr. (a Floridian who served in Congress from 1949-69).
1) US acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2) US willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3) Develop the illusion that total disarmament by the US would be a demonstration of “moral strength.”
4) Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5) Extension of long term loans to Russia and Soviet Satellites.
6) Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7) Grant recognition of Red China, and admission of Red China to the UN.
8) Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the Germany question by free elections under supervision of the UN.
9) Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the US has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10) Allow all Soviet Satellites individual representation in the UN.
11) Promote the UN as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the UN as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo).
12) Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13) Do away with loyalty oaths.
14) Continue giving Russia access to the US Patent Office.
15) Capture one or both of the political parties in the US.
16) Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions, by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17) Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for Socialism, and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers associations. Put the party line in text books.
18) Gain control of all student newspapers.
19) Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20) Infiltrate the press. Get control of book review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.
21) Gain control of key positions in radio, TV & motion pictures.
22) Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all form of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings,” substitute shapeless, awkward, and meaningless forms.
23) Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24) Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25) Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography, and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio and TV.
26) Present homosexuality, degeneracy, and promiscuity as “normal, natural, and healthy.”
27) Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28) Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the grounds that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
29) Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30) Discredit the American founding fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man”.
31) Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of “the big picture”: Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32) Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture - - education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33) Eliminate all laws or procedures, which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34) Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35) Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36) Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37) Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38) Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand or treat.
39) Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40) Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41) Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42) Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special interest groups should rise up and make a “united force” to solve economic, political, or social problems.
43) Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44) Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45) Repeal the Connally Reservation so the US can not prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction over nations and individuals alike.
Liberal = Progressive = Socialist (= Communist = Marxist)!!
Yes, Joe was a Republican, but he started out as a Democrat, and he was right all along.............where is our McCarthy of today?........................
What is your position on Cheese? And do you have a sister? I need to know for Ping list.
Great information. I love bullet form (helps my short term memory:) Anyway, I’m stealing it from you and Albert.
If you think about it, “progressive” is far more descriptive and accurate than “Liberal”.
“Liberal” has it’s roots in the word “Liberty”
Unfortunately, the transfer of responsibility to others higher up on the income bracket does not provide liberty... it enslaves those who become dependent upon other people’s money.
“Progressive” while it sounds nice, puts in perspective the nature of the liberal agenda.
Every time you hear someone use that word that “peavs” you, you should educate them on it’s meaning.
Kinda funny how the left has managed to forget that one of the guys working side by side with McCarthy was a democrat named Kennedy.
‘Progress’ away from individual responsibility toward a complete nanny state.
Liberals are also in flight FROM sound, traditional and wholesome values TOWARD an anti-American and totalitarian model as well.
I think the word ‘progressive’ was chosen by Liberals because their voter base are not real sophisticated thinkers. ‘Progressive’ sounds/seems real cool and is so conceptually indistinct that it would be difficult for these kinds of voters to challenge...even IF they were intelligent enough to try.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.