Skip to comments.You can legally vote twice! Here's how:
Posted on 09/23/2011 5:44:03 AM PDT by Halfmanhalfamazing
A republican friend of mine is pissed off at me because I told them straight up that if Romney got the nomination, he won't get my vote. I'm not cutting off my nose to spite my face. So then the usual lecture came out "if you vote third party or stay home, what you're really doing is voting for obama".
I thought to myself about this prospect. Really?
If I vote zero times for Romney, I'm really voting once for Obama?
So then obviously, if I vote once for Obama, I'm really voting twice for Obama?
This is truely interesting math indeed.
“If the best way to influence the outcome favorably is to vote for a jerk, then you vote for the jerk.”
What if the jerk is no better then Zero? So, you get Zero out, but now you have the jerk who doesn’t do anything to advance the country in the proper direction.
If you vote for Zero or the jerk then you are part of the problem!
You have no idea what I’m saying.
By the way, if you honestly think there is “hardly any difference” between Romney and Obama (or McCain and Obama) then you are simply incapable of logical thought.
If you continue to whine about it, then you deserve Pres Zero.
I would have liked a better candidate than McCain the loser, but he would have been better than Zero. I worked harder to elect Bush, but I still voted for McCain. We had a much high turnout for Bush than McCain in a very Republican county.
So you think you will not get a McCain in a conservative party?
Get a life. Life is not fair. Put your trust in God.
The whining started with the complaining about people voting for third parties.
You're sitting there telling me not to waste my vote "sending a message". If nobody sends them a message, tell me how they're ever going to get the message.
By winning. Getting enough like minded people to support your candidate.
Prayer and asking for God’s help for all to follow God’s laws will help also.
Voting for 3rd parties is a wasted vote. I don’t care if Liberals want to waste their vote or not show up at the polls.
We had a 98% turnout of registered voters for GWB (67%+)and a 89% turnout for McCain (62%).
Republicans (conservatives) need to organize and get out the vote. Conservatives can win, but they need to work for it.
Feh! You just finished telling me I need to support whoever it is the Republicans put out there, whether it's "my candidate" or not.
You talk out of both sides of your maouth at once.
That's not the case with the current lineup. Any of them is better than Zero.
In fact my neighbor has a natural born American dog, who is over 35 in dog years and who, in addition to his natural born talent for creating shovel-ready jobs, could execute the office of president better than the incumbent.
Romney is not substantially different than Zero as far as his policy positions. So, he would continue the same liberal mindset that is destroying this country, and what’s worse is that Republicans would get blamed for his disastrous, liberal agenda.
No thanks, you can keep your RINOs.
I do know what you’re saying...you’re just wrong. You advocate choosing the lesser of 2 evils and not remove Obama at all costs. I’m saying I’d love to get rid of Obama too, but if his replacement is another liberal then we really haven’t made much progress.
If you think there are substantial differences between Romney and Obama then you are simply incapable of logical thought and are a RINO lover.
I never said there was hardly no difference between McCain and Obama, and I did vote for McCain. Romney is a different story.
No. You are not using any logic or reason. Think.
I said work and get your candidate nominated, but if he doesn’t win, then don’t run away and waste your vote.
“...but if he doesnt win, then dont run away and waste your vote.”
A vote for Romney is a wasted vote...
I advocate voting for the Republican, whoever that might be, precisely BECAUSE it means removing Obama at all costs. I do not trust any Democrat. We did not know in 2008 how bad Obama would be and McCain was my dead-last choice. McCain has absolutely no redeeming value. You know what? I would’ve crawled on broken glass to vote for him. I don’t know if Romney will get the nomination, but if he does I’ll crawl on broken glass to vote for him also.
I have no honest idea how you can make the suggestion that Romney would govern in any way like Obama has. There would be no healthcare bill crushing private industry. There would be no mountain of regulations crushing private industry. Gas prices would almost certainly not be as high as they are. Would we still have debt problems? Most likely. They are not even remotely close to being the same. Not at all.
Look, the simple truth is this: If you’re part of the conservative base and you don’t vote Republican, you’re helping Obama.
Sarah has already made her declaration of ABO. What would you do if she endorsed Romney? I know the chances are very remote, but given the hypothetical, what would you do then?
She WILL endorse him if he gets the nomination. She was very flattering toward him in her second book. But I’m voting for Palin this time around no matter who endorses who. I endorse Palin, that’s what matters to me, you betcha.
Proudest vote I ever cast—
Write-in for Reagan in ‘76.
“I have no honest idea how you can make the suggestion that Romney would govern in any way like Obama has. There would be no healthcare bill crushing private industry. There would be no mountain of regulations crushing private industry. Gas prices would almost certainly not be as high as they are.”
Your analysis of a potential Romney presidency is flawed because you assume that he will personally be responsible for enacting those things you desire. The president is responsible for passing bills, leading the military, appointing federal judges, foreign policy, and using the bully pulpit.
Romney would be an improvement in foreign policy, and perhaps as commander in chief. However, he can’t be trusted on domestic issues. He’d most likely not lead to repeal Obamacare, he originally supported the stimulus bill, and TARP. Even if congress were to pass bills decreasing regulations, it’s not a given he would sign them into law given his record, particularly his global warming stance. What makes you think gas prices would be lower if he were elected? He’s pro gay marriage, pro gun control, and pro abortion, favors limits on campaign finances and appointed liberal justices while in MA.
I’m tired of voting for any Republican thinking it will be an improvement, when these liberal RINOs, screw up any momentum we may have won.
1) He sure as hell has been running on doing everything
possible to eliminate Obama’s health care bill.
2) TARP, while a problem, is not a huge problem compared to others. Additionally, support of the original stimulus bill is completely irrelevant now because of the mountain of debt that has been accumulated since then.
3) Are you honestly suggesting that Romney would side with partisan Democrats on business and environmental regulations? That makes no sense at all.
4) Gas prices would be lower because Romney would not be throwing up roadblocks to domestic drilling wherever and whenever possible.
5) I don’t care about gay marriage. In a perfect world, we’re absolutely set as a country if gay marriage is our biggest problem. It does not even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as our real problems.
6) Romney has not been “pro gun control” for quite a while now.
7) Romney has not been “pro abortion” for quite a while now.
8) No justice Romney could have appointed would be anywhere near as liberal and unqualified as Sotomayor.
If a Republican president does not lead effectively, he can be removed. I absolutely cannot grasp the logic of a) assuming a Republican is not conservative enough and thus b) we’d be better off with a Marxist leading us.
A vote for Romney is a wasted vote...
One good reason that it is not a wasted vote:
Obamacare will destroy USA, and Romney has agreed that he will kill Obamacare.
1) He’s a flip-flopper - I don’t care what he says now, he supported government mandated healthcare - look at his record not his words
2) He defended TARP and the stimulus, which is relevant, because it means he would likely consider supporting another round of stimulus in the future. Your point makes no sense.
3) Yes - he believes in global warming and would likely follow EPA recommendations on environmental regs
4) Bull - see above
5) Just pointing out how liberal he is
6) how do you know he’s not for gun control? He’s a flip-flopper - how do you know what he really believes? He has no core principles and changes based upon the political climate
7) same as above - he’s a flip-flopper, worse than Kerry, why do take him at his most recent word?
8) Bull - his appointments in MA were very liberal and believe in a “living” constitution
9) What are you talking about? How do you remove a sitting president? He would be marginally better than a full blown Marxist, so in the short term he would be better. However, it would just be prolonging the same issues we face. We need drastic changes to move this country in the right direction, and Romney and Establishment GOP would go along with all the same crap that got us where we are.
For the millionth time....Romney is a lying scumbag that will say anything to get elected...Why do trust anything he says now? He’s a flip-flopper and his record says he won’t repeal Obamacare.
Actually, this is the first time you've used the phrase "get your candidate nominated". And I think you're still leaving something out. What you really mean is "Work and get your candidate nominated by the Republican Party.
You might actually believe that's the only option a conservative can have, or you might just be partisan Republican trying to convice me it's the only choice I can have. Not enough information yet.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.