Skip to comments.LA's John & Ken face a boycott
Posted on 10/09/2011 1:20:27 PM PDT by raccoonradio
A number of Latino and immigrant groups are planning a boycott of Clear Channel's talk KFI-AM (640) and the popular John & Ken Show. The team has been accused of both a disregard for and a disrespect of the Latino community. The plans follow a canceled meeting between station management, when it became known that the groups wanted KFI to remove afternoon hosts John Kobylt and Ken Chiampou from the air. Things came to a head when John & Ken discussed the situation on the air, and then gave out the phone numbers to an immigrant rights group. Callers allegedly left hate-filled messages, angering the groups. The National Hispanic Media Coalition president & CEO Alex Nogales says this was not "only one incident in Clear Channel and KFI's disappointing pattern of disregard for the Latino community. Their refusal to face the music regarding John and Ken's egregious behavior shows us that they are not concerned with the people they harm but only their bottom line."
“If a conservative doesn’t like a station, he doesn’t tune in.
If a liberal doesn’t like a station he demands it be taken off the air.”
So they gave away these numbers over the air and people left
“hate messages”. Probably not as bad as the death threats
Lars Larson got on his personal cell number after Michael
Moore gave it out.
So they want a boycott...John and Ken will really miss those
listeners I guess. Though maybe they’re going after the
Boycotts don’t work unless those being boycotted cave in to the bull**** and rhetoric.
A liberal (note: works for KPFK) writes in O.C. weekly:
>>For a good year on my own KPFK-FM 90.7 show, we’d run a weekly “John and Ken Moment of Hate” in which we repeated the most vile accusation of the week; if I had had a daily program, it would’ve been a daily segment, given the amount of material available. JohnKen have been treating Mexican culture as their personal chamber pot for years, increasing the s-— they dump on it with each passing month, none more vile than when they specifically blamed Mexican culture for the horrific Dodgers Stadium beating earlier this year, and Kobylt in particular stated “if [Mexicans] have to kill us along the way” of Reconquista “they will.” That’s the whole schtick of their show—or is the “Heads on a Stick” campaign just a valentine to Democrats? Hey: maybe I should restart the “John and Ken Moment of Hate” on this infernal blog...but I digress.
>> Boycotts dont work unless those being boycotted cave in to the bull**** and rhetoric.
Boycotts also don’t work when the group that plans to boycott the show don’t listen to the show anyhow.
Oh wait, there isn't one because it would be shouted out of existence by Mexicans screaming "Racista!!"
So who gives a crap what the MexiBigots think of Jon and Ken?
I'm listening right now on the net, and so should everyone else.
Looking forward to the Recall Moonbeam campaign.
Behind the story, these two radio personalities came out in support of Arizona’s SB 1070 bill cracking down on illegal aliens, which was when they were first threatened by the pro-illegal alien organizations.
Then, more recently, they came out against the California version of the DREAM Act. Some 25,000 illegal aliens graduate from California high schools each year, and this CA DREAM Act would give them in-state tuition to attend CA colleges.
Or do all taco benders run around LA with Babel Fish stuck in their ears?
John and Ken have 1.2 million listeners. They are the most listened to local radio show in the country. They are a hilarious riot everyday.
One of the so called “immigrant groups” consists of a desk, chair, letterhead and a fax machine.
I would like to see the actual number of Illegal alien children that actually attend a University. Traditionally in the hispanic culture it is taboo to exceed your fathers success. This is why poverty tends to be generational. Very few believe education and especially College education is of value, let alone model that for their children. So if you think about the difference between In state tuition and out of state tuition and the actual number of “children of Illegal aliens” taking advantage of that discount in tuition is minimal. My guess is jail costs are far higher by a factor of 100.
Boycott Ruiz foods products.
Which is why Myrtle Beach and SC sail along blissfully.
Don’t you just love how these La Raza types call themselves “immigrant rights” groups?
If they’re here illegally, they are NOT “immigrants,” they are criminals.
Whooze kidding whooo? The wetbacks never did and never will listen to “Anglo” radio stations; so why listen to hollow, empty BS talk of boycotts? Is it a boycott if you refrain from listening to a station you never listened to in the first place? Hmmmm.....that’s a toughy! (Sarc) I have a suggestion for them. There are some perfect radio stations south of the border. You might want to head in THAT direction.......and live happily ever after!
Don’t buy any Latino food products.
Stay away from Ruiz and Goya foods.
Go back to from whatever cesspool you came from.
You also need to consider Mexican families in Mexico, who send their children North specifically for a high school and college education. In Texas, even elementary children have long “commuted” across the border just to attend Texas elementary schools, returning home to Mexico at night.
In California, since there are significant Mexican communities, such as East L.A., any relatives or even friends might host Mexican children for just this purpose.
I have considered that. I am not for illegal aliens, but I have a couple questions.
Ok I think you would agree california is in one of the worse real estate down turns ever....
We also agree that there there are probably 2.6 million illegals in California (reference http://www.laalmanac.com/immigration/im04a.htm
While those aliens are here do they pay rent?
Pay sales tax?
Pay electrical bills?
All of those people DO pay into the economy. Lets say in one weekend we loaded them all up on cattle cars (this is why this will never be done because of the Auschwitz political associating) and shipped them to mexico. So now you have probably 1 million apartments and rented homes vacant. Lets look at the financial impact on that. Lets say each family unit pays minimum of $500 a month in rent. Lets say another $500 in living expenses, food gas rent.
That is a Billion a month stripped from the economy. I think your presupposition is that they come and just are on welfare, that is just not true. So my point is you have to be intellectually honest about their impact as well.
I will concede your point as to their economic impact. My answer to that is SO WHAT? Others will take those jobs, move into those empty apartments. And the $1 billion dollars that you say will be lost to the economy, will be, I suspect, more than offset by the dollars that will not be sent to family in Mexico by those that live here.
Illegal is illegal. Go home, take the kids and then come back the legal way. If you can make a contribution. If not, stay there.
Presumably Alabama’s legislature weighed the costs v. the benefits and decided to enforce their laws (before they became the next California or Texas?).
So the state of Alabama apparently disagrees with your economic analysis, if that is the criterion being used.
Or maybe they’re just tired of being overrun by foreign lawbreakers.
Someone should give out fat boys personal info,after all turnabouts fair play
a few years back kfi in the morning had this asian woman speaking.
i couldn’t understand her because her english wasn’t very good.
i turned my attention again to her and she
said with an accent:
I am not for massive deportation, either, but several conflicting situations exist that need rectification.
1) The rate of demographic growth in Mexico has slowed to just maintenance (2.3 children per family), from strong growth. This means if the US does *nothing*, the illegal immigration problem ends itself, or reaches the point of “sustainable integration.”
2) “Sustainable integration” means the number of immigrants the US can absorb annually without serious disruption. The number is quite large. However,
3) There is no sane and sensible means for an illegal immigrant to earn citizenship while remaining in the US, and outside the US the process is both very difficult and could take a decade or more.
4) Unlike historical “waves” of immigration, which can be examined by generation, the 2nd generation being the most problematic and the 3rd generation becoming integrated, Mexican have had a continual flow into the US for decades. This creates mixed families with some members legal, some illegal, some integrated, and some not.
5) Infants brought here may still be illegal, but are otherwise fully integrated, having no memories or connections with Mexico. Only the lack of a piece of paper distinguishes them from Americans. For them to be deported to Mexico, for them a foreign country, would be disastrous, even dangerous or deadly.
6) Speed of integration in the US is often based on where illegal aliens take up residence. In California, for example, they can live in a completely Mexican environment where they do not integrate at all. However, in places in the US where they are on their own, surrounded by Americans, they integrate very rapidly.
7) For some inexplicable reason, the US refuses to make the easy distinction between hard working, honest, good illegal aliens; and serious felony repeat offender, even gang member illegal aliens. While it is nonsensical to consider the deportation of the complete group, the US must either imprison or deport violent felons.
Mexico has officially asked the US to not deport so many of their violent felons, as their prison system is incapable of dealing with them, and they are likely to run on a rampage until incarcerated.
8) Since in effect, unlawful border crossing is only enforced if it is *observed*, and living in the US as an illegal alien may still be only a *civil*, not a *criminal* offense, the US has only one severe tool it can use in the situation: deportation and a bar to reentry. Once deported and barred from reentry, returning to the US is a major felony.
Unfortunately, the US is just as likely to apply this to “good” illegal aliens as it is to violent repeat offenders. Rather ridiculous.
9) This all leads up to State, not federal actions. Since federal policy is fickle, bizarre, contradictory and irrational, some of the States have decided to create their own policies concerning illegal aliens.
Ironically, though the legal intent is to turn arrested illegal aliens over to the INS, the INS is still unpredictable whether or not it will deport them, or use “catch and release”, to the frustration of the States. But budgetary constraints are such that States are now taking the easy route of saying that they will not pay for anything for illegal aliens, outside of incarceration.
Yet California is taking the opposite tack, despite having some of the worst finances in the country. Thus it is no surprise that this is generating great acrimony.
Bullsh*t about the “boycott”.
KFI have high ratings consistently WITHOUT the latino pro-illegal idiots. I have been listening to their show since 2007 and even back then, they piss of the mexicans and the illegals. And now those same illegal/La Raza phonies are throwing a hissy fit after 5 years??
That’s the point. What are they to boycott if they DO NOT LISTEN to the show.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.