Sorry I’m wicked late with this post today.
I lost power last Saturday night at 8pm
Got it back Thursday night
But...in the meantime I plugged my home computer and DSL modem into the generator with an apparently bad power strip and fried both my computer and modem. (fried recipes NOT to follow:>)
I’m on my work laptop at a Moose club with wifi :>) Hiccup!
Sorry to hear you lost you computer.
Here’s recipe to keep your machine from frying next time.
Portable generators are notoriously ‘dirty’ power sources, and so are many automatic standby units, so instead of a power strip that only offers surge protection, plug your system into a UPS that also filters the incoming power and gives clean output.
It will also protect against low-voltage dips, as well as surges.