Skip to comments.Trashing Tricare...Obama to cut healthcare benefits for active duty and retired US military
Posted on 02/27/2012 1:42:26 PM PST by Beave Meister
The Obama administrations proposed defense budget calls for military families and retirees to pay sharply more for their healthcare, while leaving unionized civilian defense workers benefits untouched. The proposal is causing a major rift within the Pentagon, according to U.S. officials. Several congressional aides suggested the move is designed to increase the enrollment in Obamacares state-run insurance exchanges.
The disparity in treatment between civilian and uniformed personnel is causing a backlash within the military that could undermine recruitment and retention.
The proposed increases in health care payments by service members, which must be approved by Congress, are part of the Pentagons $487 billion cut in spending. It seeks to save $1.8 billion from the Tricare medical system in the fiscal 2013 budget, and $12.9 billion by 2017.
Many in Congress are opposing the proposed changes, which would require the passage of new legislation before being put in place.
(Excerpt) Read more at freebeacon.com ...
Words fail me....
Heritage Foundation and Paul Ryan fully support this proposal.
The United States is beyond bankrupt.
40 years of the military industrial complex leeching the taxpayer dry has resulted in our sad state of affairs. The hundreds or thousands of freepers who can not see the difference between earmarked pork, budgetary fiefdoms on one hand, and the well being and contractual obligations to our troops and veterans on the other hand, have been cheerleading for this outcome since the early days of FR.
It doesn’t matter if Obama is reelected or a GOP man takes his place, the military budget will be cut by 40%, either through pure cuts, attrition, or Fed induced high inflation.
When there is nothing left in the DoD budget, they will start with the social safety net budget.
THe budget cuts or inflationary policy escape plan for the Federal government and those who really control the Federal government precludes the military personnel of this country from maintaining a “American middle class” lifestyle, ...
to add insult to injury, as a starting negotiating position Obama will demand better medical care for uninsured illegal aliens than active duty military member’s family...
‘Words fail me....”
Words don’t fail me,....but the words I’d use would get me banned!!
Obama doesn’t care— 71% of military votes don’t count anyhow.
They’ll blame it on the Republicans.
That is perfect.
Isn't that the plan anyway?
Man if the gays find out the'll have to pay more for their AIDS treatments they will get an exemption.
So illegals get free health care, deadbeats get free cell phones, UAW parasites get $7,000 checks, and the troops get screwed? Thats the Obama way! Reward the leeches and punish the productive.
I’m with you. I teeter on being banned frequently.
Watering the tree of liberty with the blood of someone seems more appropriate each passing day.
My husband gave 28 years of his life so that they can live the life they live. I am so furious with this administration. Please explain to me how this man got elected.
Could you please provide the source for that assertion. Thanks.
Baraq holds all the cards here.
With the Obama Depression going into year 4, the military represents many of the very few available jobs.
It’s not like folks are going to quit, or not enlist in the first place.
I’m sure Boehner and our “crack” team of politicians won’t approve this.
The Union thugs don’t have to give up anything!
We have crossed the point of no return in this once great country.
“Please explain to me how this man got elected.”
Unfortunately we live in a country full of ignorant people.
I’m still trying to understand how this chump still gets double digit approval ratings!
Less than 1% serve. The other 99% don’t give a GGD.
People equate “government spending” and the “military industrial complex” with keeping the promises made to our Retirees, Active Duty, and Vets.
The can all burst into flames in the depths of hades, and I will smile.
backlash within the military that could undermine recruitment and retention
THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HE WANTS!!!!!