Skip to comments.Man Bursts Into Flames After Accidentally Drinking Gasoline, Lighting Cigarette
Posted on 02/29/2012 5:46:12 AM PST by mmanagerEdited on 02/29/2012 6:03:37 AM PST by Admin Moderator. [history]
HAVELOCK, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina man is dead after police say he accidentally drank from a jar of gasoline and then smoked a cigarette.
Havelock police received a 911 call about 9:55 p.m. Monday after 43-year-old Gary Allen Banning set himself on fire. Banning was transported to UNC Burn Center in Chapel Hill, where he died early Tuesday morning.
(Excerpt) Read more at charlotte.cbslocal.com ...
Life in this country has become an old “B” movie.
You beat me to it!!!
DARWIN AWARD VOTE = +1
You can't make this stuff up...
I guess his mother never told him that he should not smoke within an hour of drinking gasoline...
The mouthwash is for drinking, the gas is for huffing, dummy.
Hillbilly - gas in a glass by the sink - bump
At 43 it is possible that he has already had offspring and passed on his genetic material. Otherwise, yes, he’s a solid Darwin Award contender.
I don’t know,...he was 43, I’m guessing he may already have had kids.
Yep. Definitely has a jump on his competition.
Moonshine? I wouldn’t be surprised if this fella took a messy shot of shine, spilled some on his clothes and then lit one up.
I can’t imagine drinking gasoline from a jar. The smell would hit your nose and eyes before you even tipped it.
We usually don’t hear about it because moonshine is illegal. This guy probably lied to get medical attention.
Reminds me of another news story from a few years back about a couple of juvenile delinquents who were huffing gasoline and smoking at the same time. The depths of stupidity are infinite.
Who leaves a jar of gasoline sitting around. Probably moonshine in a jar is more believable. And if it was gasoline he would not have lit a cigarette.
The ‘friend’ made up the gasoline story.
It’s North Carolina.
Unless you were already plastered...
Human torch ping!
Having been a shade tree mechanic since I was about 14 years-old and, more than once, syphoned gasoline, I can state unequivocally, that it is impossible to “accidentally” swallow gasoline. Swallowing even a drop of gasoline is an experience one will not forget nor willingly repeat.
“Help Im Banning!”
It’s North Carolina.
43? He probably has great-grandchildren by now.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.