Skip to comments.Obama and Martial Law - WHAT IF?.... (vanity)
Posted on 03/19/2012 7:27:22 PM PDT by Free Vulcan
There has been a great deal of reaction on Free Republic to the very recent rewrite by the Obama administration of the executive order dealing with National Defense Resources Preparedness, originally signed I believe under Eisenhower, and the small but significant changes in the language. Namely, giving the President, even under peacetime, powers of complete and total nationalization of anyone and anything within the borders of the CONUS.
All of which has brought talk and speculation of martial law by the Federal government as well as both the cancellation of this November's elections and the dissolution of both the U.S. Congress and the SCOTUS. In response to that I would like to propose a series of 'What if?' questions to the above scenario, not only to generate discussion, but also possibly give everyone here some impetus to act in a way using bona fide and existing channels of authority that could challenge Obama should he attempt such actions.
WHAT IF...on January 22, 2013, Barack Hussein Obama continues to hold the seat of power that is assigned under our Constitution as the office of the President and refuses to leave while declaring complete and total control over the entire CONUS and a complete disbandment of the other two branches of government?
WHAT IF...in response to such an action a Governor of any of the 50 states as clear indisputable fact that Barack Hussein Obama's term of office has ended, and as such he no long holds the office of President, therefore no longer commands any of the powers that go with that office?
WHAT IF...as a conclusion to the above statement, that same Governor declares Obama to be illegally occupying the position lawfully belonging to a President elected by the citizens under the Constitution, therefore committing an act of domestic terrorism against his state and the United States, as is anyone who is acting in support of his actions?
WHAT IF...that same Governor then themselves declares a State of Emergency in response to the imminent threat posed by the illegal usurpation of the office of the President by Barack Hussein Obama and his cohorts, and enacting his emergency power under such a declaration?
WHAT IF...in emergency session, the state legislature votes to give the Governor a set of powers in addition to those already in existence in a state of emergency? Namely:
1) Declaring Barack Hussein Obama and his cohorts to be guilty of conspiracy, subversion, and treason in the commission of terrorist acts against the authority and security of said State, the United States, and the Constitution.
2) Declaring any and all federal personnel existing within state boundaries currently giving support to Obama's illegal actions to be part of that terrorist organization and therefore subject to indefinite detainment, arrest, prosecution, and imprisonment, including capital punishment, as well as confiscation and/or destruction of any federal assets used in such actions.
3) Declaring any and all private assets of any said personnel operating in support of the actions of Barack Hussein Obama eligible to be frozen and/or confiscated, including military bases within the borders. Any individual or facility defying that order would be responded to with terminal force, without trial.
4) Declaring all funds paid to the Federal government to be funds in support of a terrorist organization, therefore mandating the cessation of all federal withholding of paychecks and payment of taxes.
5) Declaring all residents of the state who are members of any federal law enforcement or branch of the military, who are in support of Obama's actions, to be terrorists and fugitives of the law, and authorize teams to track them down and bring them to justice, dead or alive.
6) Declaring that any member deemed to be part of the above organization, should they commit an act of aggression against any resident or parcel of territory within the boundaries of said State, will be shot on sight without trial.
7) Releasing all citizens of that state from any claim of authority by the illegal terrorist organization headed by Barack Hussein Obama and indefinitely suspending all Federal, regulatory, police and/or military power over them, including members of the U.S. Military residing within it's borders.
8) Empowering the Governor to raise self-defense militias as well ordering all law enforcement and national guard to seal all possible entryways and arteries into the state from all federal police and military forces.
9) Empowering the Governor to use any and all means to resist and repel any invasion or attempt to occupy any part of the State at any time.
10) Empowering the Governor to hold elections at the mandated day, times and places, and work with other states to attempt to achieve a quorum to reconvene Congress at a secure location.
WHAT IF?...as a matter of swift action, said Governor executes all the above? What does Obama do then?
WHAT IF?...in a similar response, the Governors of a number of other states enact similar powers? What does Obama do then?
WHAT IF?...in communication with the Governors of other States, the Governor of said State signs a mutual defense pact to aid all States within the coalition any and all necessary Means and Aid in support of repelling the terrorist forces of Barack Hussein Obama? What does Obama do then?
WHAT IF?...as a mutual compact, the various coalition states rightfully hold their elections at the Constitutionally mandated time, and if in quorum, propose a meeting of their duly elected Congress persons within Coalition territory, in a designated Federal zone guarded by U.S. Military assets that uphold their Constitutional oath? What does Obama do then?
WHAT IF?...that same Congress declares the Office of the President vacant, and recognizes the duly elected official present who is highest in the order of secession as the current President?
WHAT DOES OBAMA DO THEN???
What is the solution to fighting back? WE ALREADY HAVE THE SOLUTION. The solution is the States. It is imperative that not only do you work and support to get conservative legislatures and Governors within your states, you approach your state representatives NOW and propose that they adopt legislation as outlined above.
It is time to set this fire alight. Force the national conversation on this issue, force it into the news cycle and the talk shows, force the current administration to deal with it. States like Wyoming, Arizona, and others have already either passed or at least initiated legislation on things like secession and federal jurisdiction over 2nd amendment rights all it takes is one state legislator in any of branches in any the 50 states to introduce legislation as outlined above to bring it front and center.
If we want to stop this, this is where it starts: with the States. Surely with the numbers we have here one of us has the network and contacts to start get some state Representative or Senator to pick up this ball and get it rolling.
Chile was a banana republic when Allende refused to step down and they managed just fine under the rule of law. But if the US is more bananas than they were ...
We certainly can’t depend on the federal government to be self-correcting anymore...
Freedom means that some folks will make immoral choices. Will you let them?
Personal responsibility means some people will be truly poor and suffering -- maybe even you or people you love. Will you accept grinding poverty as a part of American society?
Local control means that if you have a tornado, flood, or earthquake, federal help may not be available. You're on your own. Can you handle that?
Our whole society has become based on the notion that -- to the best of our ability -- nothing bad will ever happen to anyone, anywhere. We cannot have a successful return to limited government until people throw that entire concept out the window. The little utopia we've tried to build has become a nightmare. Bad things are going to happen. Unless we accept the inevitability of those bad things, we have no hope of ever making anything better.
Much easier than all that BS.
That being said, FDR got closest to martial law and moved a whole class of people to involuntary confinement (Nisei) with the consent and assistance of the military.
Boom? There is always boom somehwere.
You assume that they will act, if they are not imprisoned or executed by Obama after he takes power. They haven’t acted so far and I don’t see anything changing anytime soon, even if we get a Republican Senate.
As far as the Federal bureaucracy and law enforcement...good luck on that one. Total crap shoot there.
He'd tell someone to do something and they'd laugh.
If he tries it he will be running for his life from the very military he commands because they loathe him and have reasonable proof that he is ineligible for the office he holds.
Very interesting- I pray we don’t need it, but we need to have a lawful solution with plenty of teeth.
I do hope that the concept of Co-equal Branches of Government and Separation of Powers haven’t completely deserted the other two branches. May I suggest the 25th Amendment on the grounds of instability as a good back-pocket solution.
But we can never forget that our power lies in the states.
Most of them are intensely law-abiding.
If the Constitution says the new President takes office on a specific day, then that happens no matter what Obama says.
Everybody is part of the militia. Any opponents to calling up the militia under the circumstances specified in the above would, of course, be disposed of in a New York minute.
Relax. The grown-ups will soon be back in charge.
The occupy people are run by unions, anarchists, commies and funded by Soros and they want to bring down the government.
“Most of them are intensely law-abiding.”
And because of that, when presented with a bunch of legal smoke with the threat of imprisonment or worse, they will comply.
And many in D.C. are just corrupt jackboot liberals who would LOVE for something like this to happen.
The oaths sworn by the Military and various others are to defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. The Constitution, not any particular person, not any particular office, not even the Country, but the Constitution.
Should hussein take the actions outlined above, he would be unquestionably demonstrating himself as an enemy of the Constitution. There should be no doubt in the minds of anyone in uniform where their loyalty and duty lies. It would not be with a self-proclaimed, self-appointed dictator.
In fact, in the late 1800s the Post Office Department was actually operated from Chicago and only 3 employees worked at Post Office Department Headquarters in Washington DC.
Virtually all federal government employees are part of their local communities.
While I might agree that the administration realizing it’s on the way out might engage in some kind of scorched earth tactics, how exactly would the Fedgov prevent an individual state from holding elections?
Who would enforce a such a decree and under what legal authority?