Skip to comments.Man Dies After Peeing On ‘L’ Tracks In Evanston
Posted on 04/23/2012 2:14:19 PM PDT by Lmo56
EVANSTON, Ill. (CBS) An Indiana man died overnight, after coming into contact with the electrified third rail as he urinated on the Purple Line L tracks in Evanston.
The man was at the South Boulevard Purple Line stop around 11 p.m. Sunday with two other people when he came into contact with the third rail, according to CTA spokeswoman Lambrini Lukidis.
The man, Zachary McKee, 27, of Ossian, Ind., was pronounced dead at Saint Francis Hospital in Evanston at 11:52 p.m., according to the Cook County Medical Examiners office.
It turned out that the man had climbed down to the tracks to urinate when he fell onto the third rail, according to a news release from the Evanston Police Department.
Authorities have not said whether the man urinated on the third rail.
(Excerpt) Read more at chicago.cbslocal.com ...
BTW - if he was peeing on the third rail, it would prolly be like when a dog pees on an electrified fence ...
The gene pool just got a little cleaner.
Hold muh beer—’cuz I can’t.
Would a woody have saved him?
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Well, this guy died when he FELL ON IT.
But as we all know, the trick to successfully PEEING on the third rail is to use the muscles God gave you (albeit for a different purpose), and only release urine in short spurts, none of which bridge the entire distance between you and the rail.
And besides, that impresses the hell out of the ladies. :)
“the Purple Line...”
I bet I was purple, and blue, black and charred.
I guess the episode of Mythbusters, where they “proved” this couldn’t happen (peeing on an electric fence), had better be revisited.
They didn’t use enough juice!
Don’t wizz on the electric fence.
i peeeeedddd on an electric fence......didnt know it was there. Out shining deer one night when I was 14. Put my 22 down and I really had to let one rip. When you are 14, you dont just pee......you pee for distance . Well, I “found”the electric fence my grandpas neighbor just put up the day before on the edge of his cultivated corn field. Apparently, he put up the fence for the cows to use the field. It turns out he wasnt much of an energy conscious person as he left it on overnight when the cows were in the barn. I am lucky I was just dealing with an electric fence.....as my third leg felt like it was blown up with an M-80. I couldnt even scream for several seconds.....I just fell to my knees and curled into a ball while my cousin stood next to me asking “ what what what what what”? I cannot imagine urinating on the third track.
Does this qualify for a Darwin Award?
The mythbusters are WRONG on many myths.
I have seen (with my own eyes) a dog electrified peeing on a electric wire.
Also, their episode on Tesla technology was DOWNRIGHT STUPID WRONG.
They set the resonance unit up 90 degrees in the WRONG direction on the bridge but still managed to get an effect so they listed it as “plausible”. If they had simply placed the resonance generator in the RIGHT direction they would have been shocked to find Tesla was right! But they are literally that dumb, when it comes to matters of science, rather than the standard “whoooweee, let’s blow this up”.
Maybe they were the techs at Dateline who “helped” the truck explode on camera.
Was alcohol involved?
Had to be. Regular piss doesn't carry electrical current. Physics/Biochemistry 101.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.