Skip to comments.Download Firefox 13 for Linux With Speed Dial
Posted on 06/04/2012 4:52:53 AM PDT by ShadowAce
- Firefox 13.0
Mozilla uploaded earlier today, June 2nd, the final packages containing the Mozilla Firefox 13.0 web browser for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows operating systems.
There's no official announcement from Mozilla, as the browser is officially expected in three days, on June 5th, but the binary and source packages of the final version of Mozilla Firefox 13.0 were made available for download on their official FTP site.
Highlights of Mozilla Firefox 13.0:
· Implemented Speed Dial in the new tab page (can also be added as home page by setting about:newtab in the Preferences -> General dialog);
· Revamped home page allowing quick access to settings, history, bookmarks, sessions, add-on, downloads and sync;
· Faster browsing, thanks to the SPDY protocol;
· Faster startup by not loading the restored background tabs;
· Smooth scrolling is enabled by default now;
· Improvements to Page Inspector, Scratchpad, Style Editor, Style Inspector, and HTML panel;
· Implemented the column-fill CSS property;
· Initial support for Set objects and ECMAScript 6 Map;
· Support for CSS3 background-position property extended syntax;
· Support for :invalid pseudo-class;
· Support for CSS turn <angle> unit.
Download Firefox 13.0 for Linux binaries and sources right now from Softpedia. Don't forget to visit our always up-to-date Firefox Extensions section for the latest add-ons!
I could use the help and there seems to be plenty of people out there who want to help that know more than I.
You’ve been added. Welcome!
Each time I enabled something 2 or 3 more would pop up. By the time NoScript was permitting all activity about 11 or 12 different locations were involved in the final page content and activity.
Georg Cantor is concerned that pretty soon Mozilla will run out of version numbers.
Most of the major version number changes I've seen have really only been worth a minor version number change.
Firefox 12 with ABP, No-Script, Better Privacy, and Ghostery makes for a very clean page without third-party ads or pop-ups. Life is good!
Ghostery is also good for that ;)
I second that.. I get NO trash on my web views ;)
Thanks for the ping.
another vote for firefox with adblock and noscript.
you can also try “better security” add on