I’m ok with ie but on FireFox I keep getting that error message on YouTube. And I’m not the only one. Something strange going on with FireFox.
We just went through that: What version of FireFox are you running? Do you have Flash installed? Do you run as Admin or User?
Long story short:
- I cleaned out Flash the other day and reinstalled only the IE version, a couple days later I upgraded to FireFox 13.0.
- My wife later noticed that a YouTube video she likes didn't have sound (running FF).
- It was fine for her using IE, and worked for me in both IE and FF; my account runs as Admin, hers as non-Admin.
- It seems as if YouTube is experimenting with sending videos via HTML5 instead of Flash if it detects you have an HTML5 capable browser.
- I installed Flash for FF and now it works on her ID.
Sorry for rambling, but so far it's been a combination of what browser you use, what authority you're running under, and whether or not Flash is available.