I have a new PC as of Sept. 2011, extra RAM, running Windows 7. Haven't had any problems with Windows 7 so far.
Anyone else having this or a similar problem? I'd appreciate any help... I'm not a computer geek, obviously. Thanks in advance!
1. If Firefox will boot up at all, go to this link (or you can open it in IE):
Read it and disable any add-ons/extensions you have and see if it will work. If it does, you will have to find and disable the offending extension (my problem was with either Adblock Plus or No Script - I didn’t bother to check as it was for a one-time view web page and I used IE).
2. If you have a home page (mine is FR), you might want to have it start with a blank page until you figure out the problem (Tools>Options>General>Startup - blank page).
3. Once you get it running again, go to Tools>Options>Advanced>Update and check the second box (check for updates, but let me decide to install them).
1) Download and install ccleaner
2) Use the program uninstaller to delete FF
3) Run ccleaner to delete temp files and fix registry errors (have it back up your registry first)
5) Maybe run ccleaner again just to make sure garbage gets cleaned up (optional)
6) Run the utility to create a Restore Point (sorry, wish I had the link - it's under System Properties I think)
7) Reinstall FF
Using these steps usually fixes pesky problems. Having worked in the industry since before DOS 1.3, I've seen a growing laziness, lack of skill depth, and cost cutting (outsourcing) that's killing quality and stability.