Skip to comments.Democrats will officially embrace same-sex marriage as part of party platform
Posted on 07/30/2012 4:28:07 PM PDT by Kimmers
The Democratic leadership is moving to include a motion in support of same-sex marriage in the official party platform for the first time in history.
According to a Democratic official, the party's 15-person platform drafting committee voted to include language backing gay marriage during a weekend meeting in Minneapolis. A source at the meeting told Politico the decision to endorse gay marriage was not controversial.
Milestone decision: The Democratic Party has decided to include a pro-gay marriage motion in its official platform for the first time in history The language will not become official until the partys full Platform Committee meets on August 10 in Detroit. Democratic delegates will then have to formally approve the platform during the partys national convention in Charlotte, North Carolina, which opens on September 3.
(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...
The BEST plan for the Republicans is to go into the BLACK NEIGHBORHOODS and tell them just what their Dems think of GAY MARRIAGE.
...of course they won’t do that, even though it would be a WINNING STRATEGY, just as it was when blacks in California made an INFORMED choice and, rightly, voted down gay marriage.
With a gay president promising insiders he is going to come out of the closet if he wins, this isn’t surprising in the least. The Democratic Party is so gay. It’s hard to find a Democrat that doesn’t act queer.
there ya go.
Oh black Americans, will this finally be the straw that breaks the camel’s back? Get off that plantation!
These people really know how to go off the deep end! Are dems just bat shinola crazy or so arrogant they figure they can ignore reality?
That platform has a rotten plank and Obamalamadingdong is going to step right on it and crash through.
Bending over for the fudgies.....
This will thrill millions of American “moderates” and all liberals so they can return Obama for another term. The people will never figure it out.
Yeah, this is going win latinos...not.
Some of the Democrats won’t reproduce! YEAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
They put it out as a stalking horse and the verdict is in; they get more money from the gays than the blacks they lose.
The blacks will vote for O anyway, gay marriage or not. Why should the Dems really care what black folks think? They are well secured on the plantation.
....the Republicans, not to be outdone, will do the same, sooner or later.
Which planks aren’t rotten?
This is great. They’re pandering to 2% of the population, a demographic that disgusts and repels the other 98%.
Great work, Demwits*!
*Coined by SunkenCiv
Cannot find anything on this topic at the link.......