Skip to comments.If I Were the Devil By Paul Harvey
Posted on 08/21/2012 4:07:00 PM PDT by navysealdad
"If I Were the Devil" was an essay written and popularized by radio commentator and syndicated columnist Paul Harvey who featured it in both media many times over the course of his long career, periodically updating it to incorporate current trends. The oldest version of this appeared in his newspaper column in 1964. (VIDEO)
(Excerpt) Read more at ladyrocky.angelfire.com ...
And from C. S. Lewis, “Screwtape Letters”:
Satan asks his young student tempter;
“What is the most important lie we can convey to humans?”
Satan answers his own question;
“That we don’t exist!”
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture--education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
This was placed into the Congressional Record by Florida's Albert S. Herlong, Jr., a Democrat! Back then, some of the Southern Democrats were still pro-God and pro-American.
” - - - 19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.”
This is amazing! This same sentence appears in an advance copy of the yet-to-be-released Commie Book “THE OBAMA MANIFESTO” written by Barry Soetoro and B. Obama. Silly me, I thought that they were the same foreign student!
Rumor has it that the book is a compilation of Barry’s Columbia Class notes, and Obama’s public speeches.
I just saw the rough draft, but I hope they publish it in soft cover so it will fit better into the hip pockets of the OWS students, and the illegal aliens from Mexico.
BTW, I noticed that the penciled-in subtitle was “Git yer marchin’ shoes on!”
Ping for later study.
Ping for a later view
Thank you for posting. This reminds me of a Public Service Message I remember from my childhood (60’s - the heart of the Cold War...) I’ve been looking for it for years, but can’t find it.
Do any of you remember it? It starts with a school-aged boy in a chair. The message progressed with the announcer saying things like “Capitalism is bad!” or “Free speech is foolish.” and then something would happen to the boy - his mouth would be taped, or his arms or legs would be tied to the chair...
The thing ended up with the boy fully bound and gagged, and another announcer saying - this is how communism teaches its children.
I sure wish I could find a copy of that. Thanks for any information you have.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.