Skip to comments.SoCal Teen Dead After Playing ‘Pass Out’ Game, Falling On Glass
Posted on 09/26/2012 4:33:12 PM PDT by BenLurkin
CHULA VISTA (CBSLA.com) A 15-year old Southland boy was dead Wednesday after what police are calling a freak accident he suffered while playing an increasingly popular pass out game.
KNX 1070′s Tom Reopelle reports police say the unidentified teenager was with two friends watching an Internet video about how to intentionally pass out when he fell onto a glass tumbler that slashed his throat.
The boy was found profusely bleeding when police arrived at his home on Old Janal Ranch Road shortly after 7 p.m. Tuesday, according to Chula Vista Police Capt. Gary Wedge.
The victim was doing what he saw in the video, which ultimately caused him to pass out, Wedge said. When he passed out he fell forward, landed on a glass tumbler that was on the floor, and that glass tumbler shattered and then cut his neck.
The boy regained consciousness after a few seconds, ran downstairs and tried to get help from his father, but collapsed again, Wedge said.
Medics took the boy to Rady Childrens Hospital, where he later died.
The popularity of the pass out game which involves using a common hyperventilation technique has soared since users have posted their attempts on YouTube and other online video hosting sites.
Darwin Award contender .....
Why are teens so much dumber than they used to be?
I don’t remember this kind happening to people when I was a kid
Oh boy, a “Pass Out Game” fatality and a fraternity alcohol-enema hospitalization thread not too far apart.
What the hell is it with kids, anyway? And I say that as a 24 year old.
As for this particular instance, the kid acted stupidly there’s no denying that but there was some pretty rotten luck involved too.
RIP. May others learn from his example.
I remember getting ‘passed out’ in the sixth grade, because I didn’t believe my buddies when they told me about it. I was out so long I almost missed the second bell.
Did he tape it for Reality T.V.?
“Why are teens so much dumber than they used to be?”
Because now they can go on the internet and find dumb things to do that they weren’t dumb enough to think of themselves.
I remember a procedure from my child hood with feinting as the goal. We were more like eight or so. And there were “indian burns”, and crack the whip, and going down the hill on a bike with no brakes, and climbing trees, and playing with matches, and so on. Most of us survived.
We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one.
When I was a teen the kids used drugs in an effort to exploring the frontiers of the mind and make contact with universal truths...not to just pass out.
Or so I am told.
Freak accident? Not really. Sad? Yes.
One less illiterate for Obama to hoist upon us productive workers...
“an Internet video about how to intentionally pass out.....”
I remember kids doing this back in the 70s.
Responsible parents would never dream of permitting their children to hang out in the gutter with the lowest of low human life.
But they don’t think twice about permitting them to surf the net freely. We are insane.
” Most of us survived.”
LOL., I can relate
More chlorine for the gene pool, please...
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.