Skip to comments.‘The Walking Dead’: Season 3 Predictions Based On Graphic Novel Storylines'
Posted on 10/21/2012 4:40:33 PM PDT by djone
"Dedicated fans of The Walking Dead already heard that a primary character will bite the dust this season. Early money is on '****', who has not been central to the main storylines, but zombie series lovers should not count on the shows writers to play it that safe. Some fans believe that'****' will be the dearly departed character. A review of storylines from the graphic novel series will not offer true The Walking Dead spoilers, but do give insight into major plot arcs central to main characters. Panels On Pages believes .... death is likely, but perhaps will not occur this season. The character does die in Volume 8 of TWD graphic novel
(Excerpt) Read more at inquisitr.com ...
Michonne will be the popular, breakout character.
The guys who lopped his hand off in season one will return as the governor’s henchman, and be at odds with his brother, Tivk’s henchman.
Rick’s wife will die this season.
I forgot, did Dale make it out alive last season? If so, he won’t make it through the season either.
I just loved the scene with the kid and the old man on the watchtower plugging away at zombies and enjoying it.
1. Several references to things that happened over the winter -- so I think we're going to see a lot of flashback scenes this season; I wouldn't be surprised if tonight opens with a flashback.
2. Continuing with last winter ... at the end of last season, everybody was shocked with Rick's admissions (about killing Shane and about Jenner's secret), and Lori wouldn't talk to him. Now ... everybody respects Rick and hates Lori. Will be interesting to find out what happened over the winter.
3. Considering the way the group acted like a SWAT team in last week's episode -- plus Rick saying to Carol "You've become a pretty good shot" -- they've obviously been doing a lot of disciplined training. Thanks to "new Rick," I'm guessing.
4. Why was the oldest guy -- and only doctor -- part of the walker clearing crew??? Bad tactical planning. Regarding the emergency amputation -- an old guy with one leg missing is not going to last long in a walker world -- so it's clear that Rick is saving him only for a selfish reason, to deliver the baby.
5. If they've been on the run all winter, why did it take them 7 months to discover a prison complex that's only a mile or two away?? Also: they just "stumbled upon" this prison -- but Rick was the SHERIFF. How come he didn't know there would be a major prison there?
6. Nice touch that Rick has improvised silencers for the guns (although silencers don't really work that way).
7. After a year or so living in this world of walkers, you'd think that survivors would have learned NOT to step over a walker body unless they'd verified that it had a punctured head.
Virgil will die? No antibiotics to treat the amputation.
I hope they stick to the story line and take out Lori. She is very annoying.
Even though it was a great departure from the original comic, I wish Shane could have stayed. I know he was kind of a bad guy, but often his decisions were better than those of Rick. I didn’t care for the Season 2 version of Rick — he’s a lot better in the season 3 premiere though.
My favorite character is Daryl — also not in the original comic.
T-Dog will get a few more speaking lines this season.
Merle is going to cut off Rick’s arms as payback for his self-amputation in season 1.
Merle and Daryl will have a falling out.
The governor may lose several important parts of his body.
Best alternative intro to the Walking Dead.
My nit pick is why are they worried about scratches and bites when they’re already infected.
If I were Virgil, I’d be the one legged man at the ass kickin contest.
Forgot to ask. Haven’t read the graphic novels, but wonder if the series has diverged at all from them. I watch True Blood, and have read several of the books it’s based on, and the TV series has differed greatly from the books.
I agree with you....Lori can die anytime now. I hate to see Herschel go. I miss Shane, as unmanageable as he was. And they better leave Daryl alone.
I’m liking the new darker Rick.
LOL @ the alternate ending! How....Love Boat-ish!
Out of respect to your thread, I will not make a comment.
Ricks wife will have a dead fetus, reborn as a zombie, claw and bite it’s way out of her, a’la Alien. MuhuhahahahAHAHAHAH!!!
Merle will return, with a rocket launcher where his hand was.
Merle and Daryl will fight to the death. Merle will lose.
Herschel will Zombify. Maggie will put him down.
The prisoners they discovered, and the group, will civil-war for the prison. The group will win. Of course, or the series would stop.
Michonne is lesbian and professes her love for Andrea. Andrea will convert from hetero.
Obama will appear at the end of season 3, zombified. Axelrod, too. Rick will happily put them down, saying in his best Clint Eastwood impression, “I didn’t VOTE for ya, either.”
Carol will seduce Darryl.
Some of these are serious, others are not.
I should have said Herschel in my original post.
‘...Havent read the graphic novels, but wonder if the series has diverged at all from them...’.....Yes.. but not that much . Lets say they follow the comic book but not in the same time frames...
I really hope they find 2 more Daryls.
I’d like to hear,I’m Daryl ,and over yonder is another Daryl and over there is rootin ,tootin gun shootin Daryl.
Posted to Facebook.
Now, my turn to make YOU laugh....
Funny. Well, you know there is a thin line between love and hate. Perhaps, the terminator just wanted someone to hold him/it.
I’m waiting for “Walker, Texas Zombie”.
Dale is dead.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.