Skip to comments.America's Brightest Moments?
Posted on 11/13/2012 5:02:49 PM PST by MNDude
In you opinion, what were America's five greatest or brightest moments?
1 - the Constitution and Bill of Rights
2 - invention of the telephone
3 - D-Day landings at Normandy
4 - invention of the transistor
5 - landing on the Moon
Niftster nailed the fifth (and most important) one.
1. Jan 21 2017, Obama is no longer president.
You’re right, that list is hard to beat. Right up there with them is the immediate reaction to 9/11. When flags came out, the Country pulled together, Toby Keith wrote “The Angry American” ... But that probably doesn’t make the list because the Country forgot all too soon and elected a Muslim sympathizer named hussein - twice.
July 4, 1776-U.S. First Independence Day
V-J Day August 15, 1945
Sept. 12, 2001
December 11, 1620-Mayflower
December 15, 1791-Bill of Rights becomes law
Sigh. Writing these makes me sad.
Typo—think it should have been December 21, 1620 for the Mayflower first landfall.
2. 1789 ... the ratification of the U.S. Constitution.
3. 1804-05 ... the Lewis & Clark expedition. Having driven between the Mississippi River and the Pacific Northwest many times in my adult life, I never cease to be amazed at how this small group of men could do this on foot and in small boats over the course of two years.
4. July 20-21, 1969 ... If ancient humans could look forward in time and see the world today, this would perhaps be the most amazing, unbelievable accomplishment of the human race in their eyes. Because space travel has become so common these days, I think we've forgotten just how astonishing it is that men have walked on the moon.
5. February 22, 1980 ... I'll bet no Freeper ever would have imagined that an event from the Carter administration would make this list!
Thanks....I know that sometimes I get cross ways with some of the folks on the boards but I know that deep down we all love our freedom and our country. I miss the Gipper.
And by the way I like your list too. It was hard to keep my list small since I think there are so many bright spots (last two elections for president not being part of them)
July 4, 1776: The Declaration of Independence
Sept 17, 1787: The end of the Constitutional Convention
Sept 14, 1814: The British withdraw from attacking Fort McHenry
August 4, 1945: Nuking Hiroshima
October 22, 1962: Facing off against the Soviet Union in the Cuban Missile Crisis
If I were writing a history of the US, I would regard the last one as the peak moment of American civilization, after which the nation enters a period of long decline....
The Battle of Yorktown
The Constitution whether the writing or adoption
The Louisiana Purchase
Presidency of TR
Battle of Midway. That totally changed the war in the Pacific. Americans outnumbered in everything beat the very best naval aviators in the world at the time. I still don’t see how we did it. Just plain old courage I guess.
Henry Ford’s production line. Edison’s Light bulb. The Eisenhower interstate, the Salk vaccine, and the Computer. Too tired to look for dates.
America’s Darkest moments.
The birth of Abraham Lincoln.
The death of Abraham Lincoln.
The conduct of the Vietnam War.
The election of Jimmy Carter.
The election and re-election of Obama.
Too many takers now. Reagan from the grave could not Win now. Can you see Reagan running for California's Governor now?
Its too late for us to fight him now!
Anyone who didn'tt vote for Romney is a Traitor to this country. Whether Liberal or Conservative.
We will never have a conservative or rino president again.
It will be socialists and commies like Zero forever and this country will be like California in 10 Years.
We fought the Mexicans for years, for what! Even Reagan knew better. They are going to do to USA as they Did in California!
Romney Loved this country as much as any one of us and we conservatives spoke bad of him.
Now we got what we deserve, Obama and ObamaCare, and Calification of our our country I Now fly my falg upside down and I will untill the day I die!
Thanks again all you traitors who did not vote for Romney. And kept the baby killer, Obama in Office!