Turkey Dinner Casserole:
Cut up turkey meat into 1/2-inch chunks.
Mix 2 cups turkey chunks into one and a half to two quarts leftover stuffing.
Add about a cup or so of leftover veggies such as peas, pearl onions, carrots, etc if desired, and the parsley from the turkey platter, chopped.
Tamp into in a greased baking dish.
Pour turkey gravy thinned with broth over the mixture until damp but not soggy.
Add a layer of leftover mashed or sweet potatoes to the top and dot with butter.
Bake at 325 degrees for 35 minutes.
Serve with cranberry jelly.
Wild Turkey and Rice Casserole
2 cups long-grain wild rice
1 onion, chopped
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 cup flour
9 ounces mushrooms, sliced, canned(reserve liquid)
3 cups half and half, OR 1 cup half & half plus 2 cups broth
6 cups cooked turkey, chopped
1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1/2 cup pimiento, diced
4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
1) Prepare rice according to package directions.
2) Saute onions in butter, remove from heat and stir in flour.
3) Drain mushrooms, save liquid.
4) Combine that liquid with cream and enough liquids to make 4 cups.
5) Stir slowly into flour mixture. Cook and stir until thick.
6) Add rice, mushrooms, turkey (chicken), toasted almonds, pimiento, parsley, salt and pepper.
7) Put in a 9 x 12 x 2 - inch casserole, top with buttered breadcrumbs and bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
Oh yeah baby........ENJOY!!!!!