Skip to comments.Lets go over the fiscal cliff! (vanity)
Posted on 11/23/2012 2:04:29 PM PST by impimp
Lets go over the fiscal cliff!
We are going over the “healthcare cliff” either way.
Am I supposed to put words here?
They might also be eating olives and watching black & white Popeye cartoons.
It's hard to say, really.
That having been said it will most likely go down just as Rush outlined on Wednesday:
1. Obama wants the Bush Tax Cuts to END! It goes along beautifully with his goal of destroying the US economy (aka Capitalism).
2. GOP will GET THE BLAMW for not going along with whatever the 'Anointed One' supposedly wanted (which he will NEVER have wanted!).
3. In March he announces a small tax cut for the 'Middle Class'. Remember, the top 1% of tax payers pay 40 % of all taxes. The top 10% of taxpayers pay 50% of the taxes. The bottom 50% now pay NO tax.
4. The Great Barry announces tax hikes on anyone making over $100,000 with the top rates going to over 60%. Combined with the AMT, some of us will be paying over 75%.
5. The recession will hit with a Depression on the horizon. Which will be great for His Fagness!! More US assholes on welfare. Capitalism will be dead and Hello Communism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course we can always hope someone out there has good eyesight.............................................
If the GOP doesn't preempt them, by offering what they are gonna give in to anyway, they are as stupid as the democrats accuse them of being...
It's that simple, we are in a corner of the GOP making and the only POLITICAL way out is to offer the democrats exactly [b]what they will get either way[/b]. Do it before we go over the cliff and they get Bipartisanship if they agree and Credit for going over the cliff if they don't. It's better that way and hopefully we can pick up some of the pieces after the mid-terms.
We actually debated pulling the thread. Just for your comment.
I don’t think it will be that easy for the commies. If the Bush tax rates expire, the recession will hit and the talk of further raising rates on anyone will be difficult. The middle class may get a restoration of the Bush rates, but the other deductions, and the earned income credit increase will not necessarily come back.
These things never seem to work out exactly as plan because economic reality usually kicks in. We could have a war with spiking oil prices, a credit downgrade etc.
Over and over we hear from the congress and president that we need to get our national financial affairs in balance. Ironically we hear this admonition from the same group of people that got us into the financial mess in the first place. Its clear that whats lacking in the congress and administration is the incentive to do the right thing, and reduce spending. Increased revenue is not the answer.
Therefore, Ive urged my congressman to provide the required incentive for the congress and administration to do the job they’re elected and paid to do. True, doing the right thing will be painful on the short term, but the longer we wait, the greater the pain. The collective body of corrupt and inept legislators have consistently failed to get spending under control. Hence, the need for an incentive.
The incentive is simple. The congress and administration adopt a truly balanced no gimmicks budget by the end of the 1st quarter of 2013, OR the entire body of congressmen and the president are tarred and feathered in the public square April 1, 2013. The fact is, there will be little effect on government in the absence of the tarred and feathered legislators, since the odds consistently favor the congress doing the wrong thing rather than the right whenever theyre in session.
Since the tarred and feathered legislators will no longer serve, we can start over with a new crop, and with a similar incentive.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.