Skip to comments.Dog stuns firefighters; emerges from smoldering home’s ashes
Posted on 11/29/2012 11:51:36 AM PST by Arthurio
WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. (WJHL) A heartwarming story out of Tennessee has firefighters stunned and a family counting their blessings.
Pat Boone, who has been a firefighter for nearly a decade, said it is relatively common for crews to bust open a door during a house fire and find a pet desperately trying to escape.
However, Boone is calling Abigail the dogs story of survival a miracle.
You never see a house that has fully burned to the ground and 90 percent of the home is gone. I mean its up in smoke and something lived.
Boone said he could not believe his eyes when he noticed something move.
Next thing I know theres a little dog coming out from the floor space, Boone said. I reached in and grabbed her and pulled her through the hole.
Boone said firefighters didnt know the dogs name, so they called her Miracle.
And after losing everything, the Leford family is counting their blessings and has a newfound sense of hope thanks to Abigails close call.
We cried. We thought we done lost em, one family member said. Houses can be replaced, clothes can be replaced, [but] family and animals cant.
Folks are also lending a helping hand to the family. In fact, Boone said he was surprised at the outpouring of support from the community.
Its just amazing. People and the animal bond, especially in a time of need, Boone said. You just never know. Miracles do happen.
Click here to read more on this story from WJHL.
Heart warming WOOF story for your consideration.
An amazing story!!! Little Angels were watching over this sweet little dog!!!
a police officer on site saw thge dog emerge, immediately felt threatened, and shot the dog.
/sarc but could happen
Fangs! What a great story!
Cute dog. I don’t think I would have taken the little child to the smoldering ashes of the house, though.
Here in Tennessee; we ‘uns is tough, and we ‘spect our kids to be tough, too, an’ face reality!
Our house burned to the ground when I was about five. I remember watching it burn.
Ugh. I’m sorry you had to go through that at such a young age. The idea of losing everything, including family pictures and all your clothing is daunting. Now, there’s a little more organized community efforts to help people when they have a fire. Back when I was a kid, there wasn’t much help except maybe from individual neighbors donating things.
Thank GOD there were no cops on hand. They’d have shot the dog!