Does anyone have any clues about the - White House White Turkey Chili recipe?
I heard that’s what Romney and Obama had the other day, and my mouth started watering just thinking about it.
Then on FOX, on ‘The Five’ Dana Perino said that she had had some while she was working at the WH, and that it was wonderful, but I haven’t had any luck just doing Bing and Google searches.
Any help would be appreciated. :)
White House White turkey! Racist!
Go to My Recipes.com and you will find more white chili recipes than you ever wanted.
I made this recipe from Cooks Illustrated last week and it was wonderful. Perhaps it will hit the spot for you....
SERVES 6 TO 8
Adjust the heat in this dish by adding the minced ribs and seeds from the jalapeño as directed in step 6. If Anaheim chiles cannot be found, add an additional poblano and jalapeño to the chili. This dish can also be successfully made by substituting chicken thighs for the chicken breasts. If using thighs, increase the cooking time in step 4 to about 40 minutes. Serve chili with sour cream, tortilla chips, and lime wedges.
3pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves, trimmed of excess fat and skin
1tablespoon vegetable oil
3medium jalapeño chiles
3poblano chiles (medium), stemmed, seeded, and cut into large pieces
3Anaheim chile peppers (medium), stemmed, seeded, and cut into large pieces
2medium onions, cut into large pieces (2 cups)
6medium cloves garlic, minced or pressed through garlic press (about 2 tablespoons)
1tablespoon ground cumin
1 1/2teaspoons ground coriander
2(14.5-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
3cups low-sodium chicken broth
3tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2 to 3 limes)
1/4cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
4scallions, white and light green parts sliced thin
1. Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add chicken, skin side down, and cook without moving until skin is golden brown, about 4 minutes. Using tongs, turn chicken and lightly brown on other side, about 2 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate; remove and discard skin.
2. While chicken is browning, remove and discard ribs and seeds from 2 jalapeños; mince flesh. In food processor, process half of poblano chiles, Anaheim chiles, and onions until consistency of chunky salsa, ten to twelve 1-second pulses, scraping down sides of workbowl halfway through. Transfer mixture to medium bowl. Repeat with remaining poblano chiles, Anaheim chiles, and onions; combine with first batch (do not wash food processor blade or workbowl).
3. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from Dutch oven (adding additional vegetable oil if necessary) and reduce heat to medium. Add minced jalapeños, chile-onion mixture, garlic, cumin, coriander, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften, about 10 minutes. Remove pot from heat.
4. Transfer 1 cup cooked vegetable mixture to now-empty food processor workbowl. Add 1 cup beans and 1 cup broth and process until smooth, about 20 seconds. Add vegetable-bean mixture, remaining 2 cups broth, and chicken breasts to Dutch oven and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until chicken registers 160 degrees (175 degrees if using thighs) on instant-read thermometer, 15 to 20 minutes (40 minutes if using thighs).
5. Using tongs, transfer chicken to large plate. Stir in remaining beans and continue to simmer, uncovered, until beans are heated through and chili has thickened slightly, about 10 minutes.
6. Mince remaining jalapeño, reserving and mincing ribs and seeds (see note above), and set aside. When cool enough to handle, shred chicken into bite-sized pieces, discarding bones. Stir shredded chicken, lime juice, cilantro, scallions, and remaining minced jalapeño (with seeds if desired) into chili and return to simmer. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper and serve.
Cal 370; Fat 6 g; Sat fat 1 g; Chol 115 mg; Carb 25 g; Protein 52 g; Fiber 7 g; Sodium 710 mg
I couldn’t find the White House recipe put there are LOTS of White Turkey Chili recipes here:
The thing I have found when using All Recipes is to read the reviews well - some will mention the same type of things so you get a clue what works well and what doesn’t.