They aren't admiring them. They are hating on them.
Case in point “Sarah Palin”.
When I look at that picture of Raquel Welch from way back in the white bathing suit I am both admiring and envious. Don't hate her and don't want to have sex with her. Just admiring a beautiful woman.
But here’s something that lots of women won’t admit: This jealousy is a HUGE component of what drives the animus against Sarah Palin.
After the 2008 election, I had the dubious pleasure to sit in a room adjoining to a gaggle of gals, where I got to listen to successful, high-drive women rant about Palin. And the rants had NOTHING to do with her politics (or theirs).
No, the rants are about:
- she’s had five kids and she still has “that figure.”
- her shoes are nicer than their shoes. WTF is it with women and shoes? For chrissakes, I have two pairs of boots that I wear 300+ days a year - one pair for summer, the other for winter. The other X days per year, I might be wearing something more formal, for weddings, funerals, church, etc. But most of the time, it’s one of my two pairs of White’s.
- Her boobs are “too perky.” “She had to have a boob job.” “No, she had to have a reduction after five kids.” “No, she had to have them pulled up.” Cripes, make up their minds. Palin’s bustline looks nice. That’s the sum total of my opinion as a man.
- Her legs are too nice. Or her hemline is too high. They can’t decide which.
- She wears clothes that look too nice.
- Her teeth are too nice.
- Her husband is too ruggedly handsome.
On and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.
End the insanity. Repeal the 19th Amendment, tell women to STFU and get back into the kitchen. They haven’t the personalities to deal with politics, and there’s no way in hell I want any woman near “The Button” that launches nukes.