Skip to comments.Computer Glitch Leads To Early Firing Of Most Of Coralville's Fireworks
Posted on 07/05/2013 2:29:20 PM PDT by nickcarraway
Fire officials here say most of last night's fireworks display was accidentally set off in the first minute.
A computer glitch caused 70 to 75 percent of the display to go off at the beginning of the show, fire prevention officer Orey Schwitzer said.
"It was kind of reverse this year," said City Administrator Kelly Hayworth. The show was still enjoyable, it just "started with a bang," Hayworth said.
Fire officials say they're looking into the computer glitch to ensure it doesn't happen again next year.
"I know this has happened (in other places before)," Schwitzer said.
No one was injured during the explosion of fireworks. Schwitzer was one of only two firefighters allowed inside a 300-foot perimeter.
During the show, the Fire Department was dispatched to a nearby chemical leak, which was unrelated to the malfunction.
anything worth posting is worth posting twice or three times.
I think the reason computers have evolved into such powerful, all use tools is that so we can blame all of our foul-ups on them.
I searched and didn’t see that this was posted.
IIRC, that happened to San Diego last year.
Probably due to a computer glitch.
it was just a joke referencing your earlier problems with multiple posts
‘Computer glitch’, my boney white butt.
Sloppy programming. Computers do what you tell them to do.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.