Skip to comments.NADA angers some by choosing Hillary Clinton as convention keynote speaker
Posted on 07/30/2013 5:05:03 PM PDT by nascarnation
Automotive News is reporting a serious backlash from car dealers regarding the North American Dealers Association's choice of keynote speaker for the annual industry confab in January: former first lady and secretary of state, Hillary Clinton.
AN spoke to one dealer that not only cancelled his trip to the NADA conference, but revoked his dealership's membership outright over the association with Clinton. In defense of its choice, NADA Chairman David Westcott argued that the dealer advocate wanted "somebody well-known, with a name a draw."
Still, NADA members aren't pleased with the choice, with dealers delivering a barrage of angry messages since Clinton's selection, according to Automotive News. Some of the angry messages relate to the former secretary of state's politics, no doubt, but some might just be upset about the expense of such a big-name speaker AN cited media reports that Clinton commands about $200,000 per speech.
NADA isn't backing down, though, with its president, Peter Welch, delivering a level-headed response to AN's inquiry about the choice: "Our job is to provide our members with exposure to all facets of business and government that can affect their dealerships. Like her or not, Senator Clinton is perhaps the most prominent woman of modern times."
News Source: Automotive News - sub. req.
Wow at $200 grand per speech, her thighness is HOT!
She certainly has star power. Kind of like Jodi Arias.
Who calls their association that?
Sounds like someone at NADA is paying off a debt or extortion!
How sad that we have come to this.
“Our job is to provide our members with exposure to all facets of business and government that can affect their dealerships. Like her or not, Senator Clinton is perhaps the most prominent woman of modern times.”
First of all I’m sure that their members have had a belly full of government effecting dealerships and can for it out for themselves. And calling a hate filled, America despising HARPY(sorry Harpies)”perhaps the most prominent woman of modern times.” is an absolute insult to the many women who actually deserve such a title! But then “what difference does it make now”! Hell that should be her campaign slogan “what difference does it make now, you’ve already been F***ed for eight years, what’s another four?”
I guess Sarah Palin is busy. The Gasmonkey guys are too.
I would buy NADA from that feckless harridan, but a sizeable number of Americans would buy her.
Hey, H3ll. This is ALL you. The order of Leftist senators from the 2008 field was 0bama, Biden, Clinton, in that order.
18 Signs of A Good Liberal
21 November 2009
You may have seen this before, in some form or another. Personally, I had a sweatshirt that had some very similar sentiments. (Swiped from Real Conservatives.)
18 Signs of A Good (Progressive/Socialist/Communist) Liberal:
1. You have to be against capital punishment, but support abortion on demand.
2. You have to believe that businesses create oppression, and governments create prosperity.
3. You have to believe that guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens are more of a threat than U.S. nuclear weapons technology in the hands of Iranians, Chinese and North Korean communists.
4. You have to believe that there was no art before federal funding.
5. You have to believe that global temperatures are less affected by cyclical changes in the earths climate and more affected by soccer moms driving SUVs.
6. You have to believe that gender roles are artificial, but being homosexual is natural.
7. You have to believe that the AIDS virus is spread by a lack of federal funding.
8. You have to believe that the same teacher who cant teach 4th-graders how to read is somehow qualified to teach those same kids about sex.
9. You have to believe that hunters dont care about nature, but PETA activists do.
10. You have to believe that self-esteem is more important than actually doing something to earn it.
11. You have to believe that Mel Gibson spent $25 million of his own money to make The Passion Of The Christ for financial gain only.
12. You have to believe the NRA is bad because it supports certain parts of the Constitution, while the ACLU is good because it supports certain parts of the Constitution.
13. You have to believe that taxes are too low, but ATM fees are too high.
14. You have to believe that Margaret Sanger and Gloria Steinem are more important to American history than Thomas Jefferson, Gen. Robert E. Lee, and Thomas Edison.
15. You have to believe that standardized tests are racist, but racial quotas and set-asides are not.
16. You have to believe that the only reason socialism hasnt worked anywhere its been tried is because the right people havent been in charge.
17. You have to believe that homosexual parades displaying drag queens, transvestites, and homosexuals should be constitutionally protected, and manger scenes at Christmas should be illegal.
18. You have to believe that this message is a part of a vast, right wing conspiracy.
I believe that most people who belong to NADA are Patriotic American males. Why would they want to listen to this socialist lesbian who got people killed in Benghazi.?
Jodi Arias is better looking than Hillary Clinton and probably would do it for much less money. Although as far as pathological LYING goes, I think they’re about equal.
how many cancellations? just the one?
Maybe Hillarybitch would look good under a bus.
Who says you can’t get NADA for NADA?
How are the political/regulator class folks enjoying their Hillary economy? If not, it’s going to get far more interesting and fun to watch.