Probably anaphylactic shock, something that happens to some victims of wasp and bee stings. Indeed, I knew a man to whom the same thing happened. It was in Missouri.
The same thing happened to me when I was about ten. I was stung by a honey bee, I think, and broke out in huge hives within minutes. My mom put me in the bathtub and put cold water on me, but that did not help.
I was getting delirious and began having trouble breathing.
Fortunately, a neighbor came by who said I had to go to hospital right now.
He was right.
I have been stung since then a few times and never came close to anaphylactic shock.