Skip to comments.Residents warned of mercury exposure after fluorescent light bulbs dumped at Dallas playground
Posted on 10/05/2013 8:04:02 PM PDT by Arthurio
DALLAS -- The parks and recreation department is warning residents near a south Dallas playground to be on the lookout for symptoms of mercury exposure after light bulbs were illegally dumped at the playground and a vacant lot across the street.
Nearly 1,000 electrical and fluorescent light bulbs were found Thursday at the Peary Play Lot in the 2800 block of Peary Ave. near Malcolm X Boulevard.
(Excerpt) Read more at wfaa.com ...
They HARM sensitive people. This is WELL proven. Look up. ‘ fluorescents and health ‘. They are TRULY EViL and the governments and giant companies have made Trillions on them for 50 years and if the word doesn’t get out for 50 more.
They give off UV. They give off radio frequencies. They operate at 35000 hz. They destroy nearby electronics
They are as evil as anything ever invented. Glass tubes filled with mercury gas poisoning the health eyes and minds of gernerations.
Our stupid evil guvmint has been at the forefront of lying about these things and casting off the vulnerable and sensitive among us as’just a few ‘.
We need to end fluorescent lamps aka mercury vapor lamps NOW
LEDs and regular lamps are fine and can completely replace.
Do NOT use these. They are as evil as the killing of babies
I have a freind whose house burned...cause was a CFL. This was determined by the fire insurance investigator. Yet they keep selling them.
I knew the CFLs had mercury. I wasn’t aware that florecents have it. I broke two the other day so I could put them in my trash. The trash was picked up and hauled off to a dump somewhere.
So what happens to all the CFLs and tubes that are destroyed and thrown around in tornadoes and earthquakes?
Yes, I do understand that CFLs are bad. That is why I rarely turn one on. I am not, however, going to believe that a five min. exposure to one is going to shorten or threaten my life.
All of my normal lighting is incandescent.
CFL’s can cause skin damage, especially for those with sensitive skin. They release UVA and UVC rays. I won’t use them.
We stocked up on quite a few of the old light bulbs as we had room for, but how I wish we could get them back again. After asking around, not a single person that I’ve spoken with disposes of these CFL’s at a recycling center. All of them go into the regular trash and on to landfills. It won’t be long until water tables are contaminated with mercury!!! When will D.C. ever learn that they aren’t qualified to make our choice for us!!!???
I've used them for over ten years. Never had one "blow up" or catch on fire. Also, in the living quarters the lamps are inside fixtures that contain the lamp. No worries here.
Or, an American contractor who hires illegals.
Well!!!Now don't blame the EPA for that one.....who could have foreseen something like that!!!
For decades those long fluorescent tubes have been used in schools, office buildings, stores, etc. and no one cared a bit. Heck, as a school kid me and my friends used to throw rocks at them to break them if we ever saw them in dumpsters. Why all the fuss now?
Two things about CFLs:
1. They do flicker or pulse
2. They emit a lot of UV, including UVC, to which humans normally are very minimally exposed.
Wow! This is criminal!
Imagine if they were incandescent!
5 years ago or thereabouts, I had, within a few months of each other, 2 of the squirrely CFL “bulbs” burst into flames.
Good thing I was right there, because there would have been a devastating fire otherwise.
Any of the “bulbs” that say they produce the equivalent of 60W or more, I only use in certain settings where a spontaneous [burst/fire] failure WILL NOT cause a fire to be spread.
Had such a CFL “bulb” go very dim and show signs of heat, very early yesterday morning. It was up in the kitchen range hood.
PS: I won’t use the halogen “bulbs” at all.
PPS: I’ve not found these CFL “bulbs” to last more than 2 years, despite “7 year” claims.
That's simply not true. While they do interfere with radio reception (AM only), they do NOT destroy electronic devices.
Oh yeah. Plug in something expensive and sensitive to harmonics exit to one and see what happens. I dare you
And the fact that they are toxic ,cause fires ,’and give off non visible radiation and radio frequencies and hurt people should be enough but I know there will Still be some of you defenders out there for some reason defending the indefnedible - putting dangerous mercury filled lass tubes in our homes
Here is who you are aligning with like it or not
That is the big lie. The guvmint acts as if the stupid CFL is another technology. Because the tubes have been sround since the 1940 s
Everyone is used to them and doesn’t think twice.
Mercury content. GAS. VAPOR Not some small drop of liquid
4 ft. T8 ( skinny , newer). 20-40 mg
4 ft T12. (Fatter. Older ). 40-70 mg or more
CFl. Depends on size. Curly 13w. 10 -18 mg. utube. 13 -15 mg
Larger Cfl. 20-35 mg
Note that most lamps are made in China. No regulation. Putting more Hg in makes lamp brighter and last longer. Content varies widely
Max exposure for human = .0002 mg. / m3
Lamps conc is approx. 100 Billion times this max exposure limit
Hg vapor is odorless colorless and HEAVY. It never goes away
After 70 years of these things you still didn’t know that till I just told you
That’s how TRULY EVIL these things are and to boot our guvmint
For covering this up
Do you care about mercury poisoning or not. If not I suggest you tell everyone to bring their lamps over do you can break them and have fun like a teenager
Otherwise look up mercury and realize this is a big deal and stop copping the government lines that are being used to poison us and lie
‘Its only a little bit of mercury’
’ it’s only a few sensitive people that are harmed’
Get a grip dude. I haven’t been a teenager in decades ... I didn’t say I still do this.
You missed my point. Florescent lights have been around a very long time. Why has this controversy only started with the compact ones?
And by the way ... I turn in my bulbs to Lowe’s when they burn out. They take them for free.