I hate those CFLs. I’ve had several burst into flames in my house, and the resulting noxious fumes will burn your lungs and eyes terribly.
I had two blow up, but no flames. Good grief, flames? One blew up in our bedroom over the bed, another in our family room over a couch. After cleaning up the mess, we banned CFL bulbs from our house, and stocked up on as many incandescent bulbs as we could store. People, don't use CFL's in living quarters!
“I hate those CFLs. Ive had several burst into flames in my house, and the resulting noxious fumes will burn your lungs and eyes terribly.”
The lives of you and your family are nothing compared to POLITICAL CORRECTNESS. (and GE’s Bank Account balance)
You should be proud to sacrifice yourself on the Altar of Liberalism.
5 years ago or thereabouts, I had, within a few months of each other, 2 of the squirrely CFL “bulbs” burst into flames.
Good thing I was right there, because there would have been a devastating fire otherwise.
Any of the “bulbs” that say they produce the equivalent of 60W or more, I only use in certain settings where a spontaneous [burst/fire] failure WILL NOT cause a fire to be spread.
Had such a CFL “bulb” go very dim and show signs of heat, very early yesterday morning. It was up in the kitchen range hood.
PS: I won’t use the halogen “bulbs” at all.
PPS: I’ve not found these CFL “bulbs” to last more than 2 years, despite “7 year” claims.