Skip to comments.21 Ridiculous Complaints from Travelers & Tour Vacationers
Posted on 10/08/2013 12:36:35 PM PDT by Gamecock
September survey from Thomas Cook and the Association of British Travel Agents exposed 20 of the most ridiculous (and dumb) complaints by recent vacationers. Below are the republished actual complaints received by Thomas Cook Vacations from dissatisfied UK customers (as per their webpage, Thomas Cook is the UKs biggest and most popular provider of package tours providing affordable and accessible holidays):
1. I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local convenience store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts
2. Its lazy of the local shopkeepers in Puerto Vallarta to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during siesta time this should be banned.
3. On my holiday to Goa in India , I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I dont like spicy food.
4. We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our own swimsuits and towels. We assumed it would be included in the price
5. The beach was too sandy. We had to clean everything when we returned to our room.
6. We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as white but it was more yellow.
7. They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax.
8. No-one told us there would be fish in the water. The children were scared.
9. Although the brochure said that there was a fully equipped kitchen, there was no egg-slicer in the drawers.
10. We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish.
11. The roads were uneven and bumpy, so we could not read the local guide book during the bus ride to the resort. Because of this, we were unaware of many things that would have made our holiday more fun.
12. It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England . It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair.
13. I compared the size of our one-bedroom suite to our friends three-bedroom and ours was significantly smaller.
14. The brochure stated: No hairdressers at the resort. Were trainee hairdressers and we think they knew and made us wait longer for service.
15. There were too many Spanish people there. The receptionist spoke Spanish, the food was Spanish. No one told us that there would be so many foreigners.
16. We had to line up outside to catch the boat and there was no air-conditioning.
17. It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel.
18. I was bitten by a mosquito. The brochure did not mention mosquitoes.
19. My fiancé and I requested twin-beds when we booked, but instead we were placed in a room with a king bed. We now hold you responsible and want to be re-reimbursed for the fact that I became pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked.
20. We bought Ray-Ban sunglasses for five euros from a street trader, only to find out they were fake.
21. While staying at the Game Lodge overlooking a water hole, we spotted a visibly aroused elephant. The sight of the animal ruined my honeymoon by making me feel inadequate.
19,21... the best
Whereas, in American there is only one complaint: CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE (i.e., THE REPUBLICANS CAPITULATE AND GET WITH MY MARXIST REVOLUTION.)
Very Monty Python.
I like the one about the moron who went on vacay to India but didn’t like Indian food.
” On my holiday to Goa in India , I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I dont like spicy food.
In my HS, a lot of my classmates were Punjabi and when you get invited for lunch at their place...guess what? It’s curry! These idiots who complain have never met captain obvious.
One of my college frat mates does IT stuff for Dell and he travels a lot. Between the Philippines and India, the one he dislikes is India. Don’t get me wrong, they’re friendly people but the food he cannot take. In the Philippines, he loves Phil. food and tons of burger places around.
We bought health coverage for the trip only to find out that that we were required to pay more than those who didn’t buy it. signed Barry O
And don’t forget the Jewish wine, “And such small portions!!”
It’s refreshing to find Americans don’t have sole ownership of the dumb tourist market. We get such a bad rap (not completely undeservedly so).
Mmm, 10 and 12, IMHO.
On a related note: I have it on good authority (my brother, who lives in Prague full time), that there is no such thing as the "ugly American". We've all gotten so self conscious about our behavior that we all behave ourselves overseas now.
The real trouble makers: the Brits.
This guy should stay away from horse farms, too!
I've been to places like that. There were no warnings at all that it was going to be such a warm day when I toured Death Valley, for example. It probably doesn't happen that often, but still...
22. It didn’t feel like Europe, there were not very many radical muslims.
Only surprise to me is that they’re Brits.
“American Obama Voters” was my initial impression.
This has to be some kind of joke... ...right?
I was working shore patrol one evening in Pattaya Beach,Thailand and had a German tourist come up to complain. It seemed with the thousands of sailors and marines ashore the local ladies had raised their rates and it was ruining his vacation. He wanted us to round up all of the sailors and take them back to the ship. I couldn’t help laughing as I tried to explain the logistics of rounding up several thousand sailors. Instead I suggested a district several blocks away that would be free of sailors. He walked off happy, thinking he was going to an area where there wouldn’t be sailors. Now he knows all there is to know about the crying game.
After reading 21 I’m guessing his new wife was not a virgin.
Those silly silly Brits...
But hey, while some laugh, me, I look at a list like that and think ‘business opportunity!’ Insider’s travel guide, including such tips as bringing an umbrella for waiting on the dock in the hot tropical sun, how that scenic watering hole might not be as much fun as you think, and what resorts are horrible to hairdressers.
Sometimes one must curry favor with those who favor curry.
Like when you’re on the phone trying to get IT support:
“How’s the weather in Calcutta?”
“I don’t know. Our building has no windows.”
I can’t wait for October’s list.
“I flew clear across the country to roll my wheelchair into the WWII Memorial and all I got was a lousy picture by the Barrycades.”
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.