Skip to comments.19 Pictures That Prove Dog is Man's Best Friend
Posted on 12/28/2013 2:16:59 PM PST by virgil283
"Dogs are loyal, loving and protective, just like your real friends. In fact, here's 19 pictures that prove your dog is probably the best friend you have.
.....1. He always laughs at your jokes, even though you're not what most people would call a "funny person"
(Excerpt) Read more at funnyordie.com ...
.3. He's never afraid to take risks.
4. He never ..... on your "ideas."
Mine woke me up at 4 AM to tell me that there might be an axe murderer out in the yard but if I let him out, he’d check it out.
Y’dun GOOD, Virgi ...
Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car.
Come back in an hour.
Which one is happy to see you?
OTOH, the dog with the Enterprise costume may not crap on your ideas
but I'll bet the bed isn't safe.
Why Some Men Have a Dog And No Wife:
1. The later you are, the more excited your dogs are to see you.
2. Dogs dont notice if you call them by another dogs name.
3. Dogs like it if you leave a lot of things on the floor.
4. A dogs parents never visit.
5. Dogs agree that you have to raise your voice to get your point across.
6. Dogs find you amusing when youre drunk..
7. Dogs like to go hunting and fishing.
8. A dog will not wake you up at night to ask, If I died, would you get another dog?
9. If a dog has babies, you can put an ad in the paper and give them away.
10. A dog will let you put a studded collar on it without calling you a pervert.
11. If a dog smells another dog on you, they dont get mad. They just think its interesting.
And last, but not least:
12. If a dog leaves, it wont take half of your stuff.
A DOG’S TEN COMMANDMENTS
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don’t be angry with me for long and don’t lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don’t understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I’m not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can’t bear to watch. Don’t make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
“There might be an axe murderer out in the yard,he’d go check it out.”
Total lack of fear is the one thing I’ve always admired in my dogs.
Beautiful picture. Yours, CC?
11. Take me hunting! It’s what I was meant to do. (labs)
Smartest dog on the planet!
Great post. That is all I have to say. Unusual for me.
Smartest dog on the planet!
And fun dogs, too. They'd rather play than eat.
I hate you. I have been down that road TOO many times,(4 furry friends in the last 5 years and my very best little buddy turns 14 years on New Years Day.
Nonetheless, thank you for reminding us of the fleeting thing life is, and how Blessed we are to share it with such NOBLE creatures.
Thank you for reminding me of the fragility of life and love. I don’t hate you. I hate the fragility of what we love.
My pup was half border collie, half miniature lab.
As he got older, he was kinda the bump-on-a-log type. But he totally loved and respected me.
Died back in 2007, was almost 17.
Still miss that mutt and wish his smelly hide was lying in the corner like he used to do.
But after he died, his vet, a very dear woman told me that in all her years of being a vet, my dog was one of the best taken care of animals she had had the pleasure to treat.
Dog food, table scraps and bones, xtra Vit C, and a mineral supplement once a week.
Oh, and mostly he was an outside dog.
Awesome article picture!
Thanks for posting/pinging, FRiends.
>> Why Some Men Have a Dog And No Wife:
And the reasons why every married man should have a dog...
LOL I’ve seen that look before!
Amen to that. I’ve lost a lot of dear, noble little friends over the past 50+ years, but they all had the best I could offer.
Australian Shepard; smart as a border collie, loves swimming under water (like an otter), incredibly loving, but the alpha where ever she is (in her mind).
Sorry. If I would have read a few more posts down I would have seen several more of the same erudite comments.
Border collie. Smartest dog on the planet
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.