Skip to comments.Sense and Nonsense
Posted on 01/08/2014 9:59:00 AM PST by mojito
1. Babies are illogical; 2. Nobody is despised who can manage a crocodile; 3. Illogical persons are despised. Answer: Babies cannot manage crocodiles.
1. There are no Jews in the kitchen; 2. No Gentiles say shpoonj; 3. My servants are all in the kitchen. Answer: My servants never say shpoonj.
1. No ducks waltz; 2. No officers ever decline to waltz; 3. All my poultry are ducks. Answer: My poultry are not officers.
1. No one takes in the Times unless he is well-educated; 2. No hedgehogs can read; 3. Those who cannot read are not well-educated. Answer: No hedgehog takes in the Times.
1. All the MPs who belong to the House of Commons have perfect self-command; 2. No MP who wears a coronet should ride in a donkey race; 3. All the MPs who belong to the House of Lords wear coronets. Answer: No MP should ride in a donkey race unless he has perfect self-command.
(Excerpt) Read more at laphamsquarterly.org ...