Skip to comments.Sense and Nonsense
Posted on 01/08/2014 9:59:00 AM PST by mojito
1. Babies are illogical; 2. Nobody is despised who can manage a crocodile; 3. Illogical persons are despised. Answer: Babies cannot manage crocodiles.
1. There are no Jews in the kitchen; 2. No Gentiles say shpoonj; 3. My servants are all in the kitchen. Answer: My servants never say shpoonj.
1. No ducks waltz; 2. No officers ever decline to waltz; 3. All my poultry are ducks. Answer: My poultry are not officers.
1. No one takes in the Times unless he is well-educated; 2. No hedgehogs can read; 3. Those who cannot read are not well-educated. Answer: No hedgehog takes in the Times.
1. All the MPs who belong to the House of Commons have perfect self-command; 2. No MP who wears a coronet should ride in a donkey race; 3. All the MPs who belong to the House of Lords wear coronets. Answer: No MP should ride in a donkey race unless he has perfect self-command.
(Excerpt) Read more at laphamsquarterly.org ...
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.